I Lost My Sweet Chancy

Guest Winterwish

Chancy loves being where ever you are Aimee. I'm glad you're going on the trip with your sweet girl,and am sure you'll both have a really nice time. :heart

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IT'S NOT CANCER!!!!!!! :offwall:yay:confetti:clap

I just got a call from our vet who was as shocked as I that our results came back so quickly... All samples were cancer-free! There is still clearly something going on, but as long as it's not cancer, I'm so freaking relieved I can barely type...

Chancy's going in for a chest xray tomorrow, so they can evaluate her heart and lungs. It's possible that a heart problem could be causing the splenic enlargement. I don't recall the details word for word of his explanation/theory, because my brain was busy screaming NOTCANCERNOTCANCERNOTCANCER...

Chancy's not out of the woods, but at least there might be a way out...

Thank you all for your positive thoughts. It's far too easy for me to drown in my own gloom at times like this. Thank you all for helping keep me afloat. :wubsite

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest trevdog

Woo hoo! Super news! Any idea what is causing her middle to be so much larger? Maybe it's just time for that nasty spleen to come out....

The vet felt that possibly an enlarged/compromised heart could cause "congestion" of the spleen, or something along those lines. To be honest I really couldn't follow everything he said after "It's not cancer..." :lol

If it is a heart problem causing the enlarged spleen, it may be medically treatable without other surgery. I'd love to avoid surgery on my ol' gal if possible.

~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I'm glad to hear it's not cancer. Hopefully, she can be treated wiht medication. My Nadia has dilated cardiomyopathy and is doing well on meds.

gallery_15026_2920_5914.jpg
Marc and Myun plus Starbuck (the cat)
Pinky my AWOL girl, wherever you are, I miss you.
Angels Honey (6/30/99-11/3/11) Nadia (5/11/99-6/4/12) Kara (6/5/99-7/17/12) Cleo (4/13/2000-4/19/2014)

Antnee (12/1/2002=2/20/17)

I don't know if this'll help or not, but Luluaz's little girlie Gypsy had what was either an NLH or pseudotumor of the spleen:

http://forum.greytalk.com/index.php?showtopic=168472&hl=

It stumped the pathologist for several days; I dug up the paper on pseudotumor (which mimics NLH), and although I never looked at the tissues, it certainly sounds similar.

So- lots of potential causes with respect to swelling of the spleen, but Gypsy is still with us, last I heard!

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

I don't know if this'll help or not, but Luluaz's little girlie Gypsy had what was either an NLH or pseudotumor of the spleen:

It stumped the pathologist for several days; I dug up the paper on pseudotumor (which mimics NLH), and although I never looked at the tissues, it certainly sounds similar.

So- lots of potential causes with respect to swelling of the spleen, but Gypsy is still with us, last I heard!

Holy crow what a CUTE little face! :wub:

princessgypsy.jpg

Thanks for the info, I'll read up...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:pepper

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

:bounce1:bounce1 What a relief. Now sending prayers for something easily treated. :grouphug Take that girl for some more ice cream! :)

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:yay :yay :yay :yay

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest luluaz
IT'S NOT CANCER!!!!!!! :offwall:yay:confetti:clap

I just got a call from our vet who was as shocked as I that our results came back so quickly... All samples were cancer-free! There is still clearly something going on, but as long as it's not cancer, I'm so freaking relieved I can barely type...

Chancy's going in for a chest xray tomorrow, so they can evaluate her heart and lungs. It's possible that a heart problem could be causing the splenic enlargement. I don't recall the details word for word of his explanation/theory, because my brain was busy screaming NOTCANCERNOTCANCERNOTCANCER...

Chancy's not out of the woods, but at least there might be a way out...

Thank you all for your positive thoughts. It's far too easy for me to drown in my own gloom at times like this. Thank you all for helping keep me afloat. :wubsite

Well, what greyt news!!

I have a feeling you are now as relieved as I was when Gypsy's biopsy came back BENIGN!!

Dear, sweet Chancy, we are here in Phoenix praying for clear xrays.....

:heart

:yay :yay :yay

:goodluck that whatever it is can be handled quickly and well.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest luluaz

Yes, she certainly is!! :inlove

P4150016.jpg

Aimee-Chancy's symptoms sound about the same and Gypsy was one REALLY sick baby, staying for five days at the vet hospital

until they got it under control, but still weak when sent home. I opted for the ultrasound and based on the presence of some

questionable areas, she underwent a speenectomy(SP?). Gypsy will be 12 years old this October, and she came through this operation with flying colors!! She continues to be a spunky, eternally puppy-like girlie, my precious "Little", her nickname from early on in our journey- :P

I am praying for a similar outcome for your darling Chancy :)

Edited by luluaz

Sending continued prayers.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.