I Lost My Sweet Chancy

Sending prayers for Chancy's recovery. :hope:grouphug

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great news. I hope they find our what the problem is soon. Sending more prayers!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Chancy had another restless night last night. She was wheezing loudly (LP) and couldn't seem to find a comfortable position. I gave her another Previcox at about 1:30am and she seemed to settle after that. This morning I really had to coax her to eat her smoothie. That may have been because hubby had tried offering it to her unblended first. She did eventually eat all of her meal though.

Hubby is taking her for the chest xray in 15 minutes, as I have to host my M&G this morning. I'm not sure what to hope for right now. Clear xrays which would mean her heart and lungs are good but we'd still have no answer as to what's wrong, or finding something so we can actually start addressing the problem...

Oh, and now I have a sore throat. Figures. :angry::rolleyes:

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Chancy's heart is "slightly" enlarged. We have started her on Enalapril for that, and aminophylline to try and help her breathing a bit. Vet said that med won't help the LP, but might help open her bronchial passages a bit, making it a little easier for her to breathe. The vet asked us to call him with an update on Monday. I do like this guy. :)

Now I'll go read up on those meds... after I have a nap. Stupid sore throat...

~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Great news about the no cancer! We are all doing the happy dance at Bluegress

(hope Sparks was good at your M&G today)

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Have they tested for TBD? Can't that cause spleen issues? I wonder if a round of Doxy would help.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

Chancy had a better night last night. She still got up once or twice to swap beds with the other pups, but that's not really unusual here. She certainly seemed to breathe a bit more easily. :) Her tummy seems the same so far. Still enlarged and firm. :(

Of course something had to keep me awake, so now something's up with Marla. She paced the floor for a long while during the night. I was so wiped out and tired from stressing about Chancy and fending off a cold, I finally made hubby get up and try to get Marla to relax. Not sure what's going on there, as she seems to be fine, but just didn't want to lay down. I manipulated her legs, palpated her tummy, rubbed her back... no reactions. :dunno:

Oy. It's always something, right? :rolleyes: I'm going to choose to not freak out about Marla.

Yet. :lol

Chancy's doing fine, hanging in there. It's been very humid again, so our outside-time has been minimal, much to her dismay. But when she's cool & calm, she breathes relatively well. :) I don't know if the heart meds are doing anything. I'm told that if the heart is affecting the spleen size, it'll be a week or two on the meds before I might notice a change in her tummy swelling. Poor ol' gal, I can tell it's uncomfortable for her. :(

We're still planning to do our road trip, leaving tomorrow morning. :D

Have a safe and wonderful journey with your babe. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

sending prayers for your babies! :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• 2 weeks later...

We arrived home from our Grapehounds excursion on Wednesday evening. The trip went well, and Chancy held up about as well as we could have hoped for. She spent the hotter parts of the days in the cabin's AC with either Tip or Marla keeping her company. She didn't get to visit many wineries, but she had her heart's content of car rides over the past week.

Her appetite is still a bit touchy. She's lost her taste for smoothies for the past few days, but has regained an occasional zeal for her old kibble mixture. When she's not in the mood for that either, I give her a sandwich. :lol She LOVES bread (it's the only thing she's ever stolen from the counter), and who doesn't like lunch meat? So yesterday and today for breakfast, Chancy has had a salami and turkey sammich on a potato-bread bun, no mayo and hold the cheese please. :chow: (she's decided she doesn't care for cheese lately either. :huh )

I figure she need something in her belly before I give her meds, so a sandwich is better than nothing.

Last night was a very restless night. It was a little stuffy in the bedroom, and Chancy couldn't seem to get comfortable. Breathing laboriously and swapping beds frequently. Neither of us slept well. :(

She seemed a little better this morning on our walk, as it was cooler and less humid than yesterday.

Her tummy still seems a bit swollen to me, usually worse later in the day. I intend to call the vet and give him an update, see if he thinks we should change any meds. Maybe discuss the tieback surgery again...

That's the update for now. My tough ol' Tigerdog is still hanging in there. :)

Edited by ZoomDoggy

I'm scheduling scoping and probable laryngeal tieback surgery for Chancy this Thursday. I can't stand to watch her struggle to breathe and not do anything about it. :( This is very risky on several levels, but the fear of her suffocating to death is just too much...