I Lost My Sweet Chancy

That's such wonderful news! Don't rule out those zoomies! ;)

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny some doctors tell you they can resume eating their kibble. Mine didn't and the LP board didn't recommend to. So I followed the meatballs recipe for Darius for a few weeks. I slaved at these meatballs, I packed in baggies and froze feeding portions. I also added ground up Canidae to the recipe. I really was so scared of the dreaded "crumbs" But they do learn how to eat and drink again. I have not had an issue to this day. Just have a thermometer so if you think there is something wrong. If you suspect AP get a chest x-ray immediately. Oh the attention Chancy will get now (not that you didn't give him enough before) , just like Darius he will wrap you around his paw EVEN MORE :)

Also remember the throw up rule and I will post that to you once I find it.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/MGS7RqasqBoTD...Suggestions.doc

Edited by Madeara
"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

That is the best news I have heard all day!! :clap

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

My gentle stripey tiger-girl is home. :yay: She's very wobbly and woozy from the anesthesia (getting up the five steps to the house was a small adventure), but dang if she isn't breathing ever-so-quietly! In fact it's almost eerie how quiet it is in here right now. I keep checking to make sure she's still breathing. :lol

I have several pages of after-care instructions from the surgeon, in addition to the pages of info I grabbed from that Yahoo LP group. I feel reasonably well armed, information-wise (but always appreciate hearing others' experiences). :) I made a huge batch of Sissy's meatballs for Chancy last night. But my post-op care sheet says to wait until the morning after surgery to feed for the first time. That's a long wait. :(

I'll take pics of the incision later when she's feeling a little perkier. She's snoozing in her bed right now. :wub:

Thank you everyone, for checking in on us. :D

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Wow!!! they wanted Darius to stay for 2 days...which he didn't, he is better home with me. He did spend one night.

:)

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest Tenderhearts

Oh Aimee, I've had a candle lit for her all day! :clap :clap :clap :clap

Powerful prayers for a complication-free recovery! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Wow!!! they wanted Darius to stay for 2 days...which he didn't, he is better home with me. He did spend one night.

:)

The vet isn't a 24-hour place, so she's better off home with me (I'm a feather-light sleeper, especially when I'm concerned about my pets). She is also terribly shy, so staying in a strange place overnight would probably stress her more than necessary. She's still snoozing comfortably. I had to wake her 30 minutes ago to give her a pain med, wrapped in a cold ball of peanut butter. She's still waaaay out of it, so I was thankful that she swallowed it fine. She also had a few laps of water earlier, and no coughing so far. :)

~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Good news is very good to hear. :) :) :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I hope you both have a very peaceful night!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

That was quick - Troy had to stay over for a couple of nights. I remember checking his temperature every couple of hours for the first 2 days. He didn't eat until the 2nd day so if Chancy's appetite isn't back tomorrow, don't get alarmed. Once she starts eating, you won't keep up making those meatballs.

Continued best wishes for her recovery.

That was quick - Troy had to stay over for a couple of nights. I remember checking his temperature every couple of hours for the first 2 days. He didn't eat until the 2nd day so if Chancy's appetite isn't back tomorrow, don't get alarmed. Once she starts eating, you won't keep up making those meatballs.

Continued best wishes for her recovery.

My vet called me back a few hours ago to check on Chancy, and to let me know that he'd spoken to the surgeon about waiting until morning for food. The surgeon said that as long as Chancy was "very alert" and not woozy, I could offer a small amount of food to start with. So I gave her a few smallish meatballs with her evening meds. She didn't hesitate, and swallowed them with no problem. :chow: If those seem to stay down well, I'll give her a few more before bedtime. :)

Have I mentioned how much I like this vet? :D I've been so disappointed with so many of my vet experiences over the last few years, it's nice to have a positive experience for a change.

Excellent news Aimee. Heal quickly Chancy.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.