I Lost My Sweet Chancy

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DorianGreyhound

I don't know you but I am praying for your sweet hound! She sounds like a very strong girl with a wonderful person.

Aimee...you poor thing!! Hope that Chancy has some more time left after some fluids!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Just catching up here....we are sending lots and lots and lots of prayers Chancy's way!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Sending all the gentle stripey tigergirl white light I can muster! Hang in there, sweetie . . . . long enough so you can get rid of that nasty horrible no good spleen and start getting better.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest vahoundlover
my eyes are leekin teers of joy :kiss2

Me, too!

Me three!

Me four!! Come on Chancy keep on fighting sweetie.

Guest tricolorhounds

That's a good website... As to the question about the possibility of a small incision, I don't think it's possible. Cecilys was at least 8" long, probably 30 staples. These masses are larger than a softball, more like a cantaloupe.

Oh Chancy... I'm hoping the fluid and drugs work and that the Vet can get that nasty spleen out of there. :grouphug

Sending more prayers and lighting Angel Sophia's Candle. Come on girl...get strong so we can get that nasty old spleen outta there! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

question about spleenectomy----can the vet remove it thru a "keyhole incision" similar to how the surgeon removed by sister's gallbladder???

my eyes dried up enough to where I could type again.....

xoxox to Chancey when you get her home later.......

Yes, they do. My vet here just got a laparoscope. I can honestly say that even in human medicine I've never heard of a lap splenectomy... being a blood producing organ I'm guessing it might be too bloody but I don't know that. I've got a friend that's an OR nurse, I'll try to see what I can find out.

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

We're home. Just seeing Chancy walk to me from the vet's back room was enough to bring (more) tears to my eyes. She's very tired, not that this is a change really. But she walked, peed in the yard, drank some water, ate two jars of baby food and 2.5 ounces sliced turkey. All of this I never expected to see happen again. I'm giving her a little break to settle the food before offering more. We're starting some meds that will require tricky timing with food. I'm going to have to make a meds chart just to keep everything straight.

She's home for now. I'm still sick with worry and fear, and it's going to be another long night, but we're just taking it one hour at a time.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

:grouphug

Every day is a gift and a chance

My crew has all our appendages crossed for the stripedy girl and lots of love and prayers en route for you

:kiss2

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Sending more hugs, kisses, and prayers to your sweet Chancy girl. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)