I Lost My Sweet Chancy

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh good! I just got here and had to run in and check on Chancy first thing this morning. So glad she is feeling well today. :bighug :bighug

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

Guest Winterwish

It sounds like she's feeling a little better! Even just a little better is improvement right? Sending all good vibes for Chancy's continued recovery. :kiss2:getwell

I took this pic just now. Chancy enjoying her miracle morning sunbeam. :wub:

Chancys_sunbeam.jpg

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest EmbersDad
A few minutes ago Chancy stood up and walked to the back door without being coaxed at all. :yay: She really had to pee. :blush: So we went outside, and she emptied her very full bladder, and even had a soft little poo. (I know that's the info you've all been waiting for :lol ) She wobbled back up the 5 steps and into the house unassisted. This all may not sound like much, but it feels like HUGE progress since yesterday when she was at death's door.

I definitely see that her tummy looks smaller and feels softer. That can't be anything but good, right? Though now that her spleen is shrinking a bit, I can really see how skinny she's become. :( The muscletone in her back legs has diminished significantly.

30 more minutes until meal and med time...

dont dwell on her muscle tone and skinniness, but rejoice in a soft lil poo and a big pee...did i really just say that? :lol like you said, small little steps. that pic is awesome. i see a hound with clear, bright eyes, and a TON of life left in her, u go chancy girl :wub::yay

Guest jettcricket
I took this pic just now. Chancy enjoying her miracle morning sunbeam. :wub:

Chancys_sunbeam.jpg

She is so beautiful.....thinking of you and your sweet girlie and holding on to hope and faith.

She ate 1/3 can of soft DOGfood (warming it in the microwave helpd, I think), all her peanut butter wrapped pills, and two scrambled eggs! :yay: I offered her another collop of dogfood, but she said no thanks. Baby steps. :)

In a few minutes I'm going to go in to work for a couple of hours. I'm very nervous about leaving her alone at all... :goodluck

Edited by ZoomDoggy

~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Could you try "Pill Pockets" to put her pills in? You can usually get them at Petco/Petsmart. They're little soft "envelopes" you put the pill in and squeeze shut - about 3/4" x 3/4" inch. They come in different sizes for different size pills. They have beef or chicken flavor for dogs and salmon for cats. If you can't find any and want to try, give me your address and I'll send you some. They worked pretty good for me w/ a little girlie that would spit the pill out of anything I could put it in.

Connie

She ate 1/3 can of soft DOGfood (warming it in the microwave helpd, I think), all her peanut butter wrapped pills, and two scrambled eggs! :yay : I offered her another collop of dogfood, but she said no thanks. Baby steps. :)

In a few minutes I'm going to go in to work for a couple of hours. I'm very nervous about leaving her alone at all... :goodluck

:yay :yay Will be keeping you all in my thoughts today.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Sending lots of good thoughts for Chancy today Aimee. We're off to see Dr. Barr ourselves today and hope that you two have a wonderful day :grouphug :grouphug

Tell him we said hi. :lol

Actually I just called and left an update on his voicemail. I hope he's able to help you find some answers. :goodluck

Guest MorganKonaAlex

regarding pills: I've found chunky peanut butter disguises pills better than smooth peanut butter.

For many small pills, I've bought large empty capsules from the pharmacy. I put the many small pills inside the capsule. For me, it's easier to pill one large slippery capsule than many small pills.

As someone who hasn't seen her in quite a while, I have to say that she looks very good. She may look skinny to you, but she doesn't look emaciated. I'm glad she's feeling better. She certainly looks like she's got a spark in her eye!

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

I was at work for a few hours, nervously leaving Chancy unattended. When I returned, she was sleeping so soundly I had to touch her to awaken her. (she's never been a sleep-aggression type, thank goodness. :lol ) I invited her outside and we enjoyed the afternoon in the dappled shade of the yard. She enthusiastically ate another 1/3 can of soft dogfood, but refused a second helping.

You can really tell in this pic how skinny she looks now that her spleen is shrinking. Where it's concave at her waist was hugely round and hard just two days ago. Sadly, you can also get a good idea how much muscletone she's lost. :(

skinny_chancy.jpg

But we had a lovely lazy afternoon. Here are all three of my pups, my Peaceable Kingdom. :wub:

tip_marla_chancy.jpg

Last week we had been planning to take the dogs up to Madeline Island to stay with friends for the long weekend. The last three days we had pretty much dismissed the idea. Now we're contemplating it again. Hubby thinks we should go, and I want to, but am a nervous-nelly (as y'all know by now. ;) ). I assured him that it would be challenging, a lot of work to bring Chancy along. And risky, since we'd be at least a few hours away from the nearest e-vet. But my heart says we should go. The one other time we went was last year right after Sissy died. It was sad, but very healing. And Chancy absolutely loved the private enclosed beach. This would possibly be her last chance to see it again. Hubby even said he'd happily carry her up and down the long staircase down to the beach. :wub: He refers to this as the "Daddy-vator" :lol

Here's Chancy on a morning stroll on that beach last year:

Chancy_idyllic.jpg

Edited by ZoomDoggy

Aimee....Go....you never know how much time you will have. And if the weather is pleasant I am sure Chancy will love it! You bought her that mini van and all!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Take her. It will do all of you good.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)