I Lost My Sweet Chancy

Guest JenCorQuin

I knew I shouldn't open this at work with the public but I just had to check in. You gave her the most amazing years of your life, and I know that's little consolation during all of the tears right now, but it so true.... :weep Run free sweet Chancy......I'm so so sorry Aimee :f_pink:brokenheart:cry1

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Aimee...I am so very sorry. My heart is breaking for you. :cry1 She had a wonderful life full of love with you. She was very blessed. :grouphug

:cry1

Welcome home Quixote (formerly known as Whytell Mango)

JennScoot2.jpg

My Beloved Scooterman October 16, 1998 - October 11, 2007

I am so very sorry!

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest jettcricket

...I'm so very sorry. I know how difficult it is to lose a beloved pet. Hold onto the memories. You gave her the best that you could and she knows that. :grouphug

I'm so sorry. It's so hard.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Aimee I am so sorry. There are just no words to say. It is so hard to watch the days go bye with your sweet hound getting sicker and sicker and there is nothing you can do. It is heartbreaking to make this decision but you did everything you possibly could to help her. Sweet Chancy will love you forever just as she will always be in your heart. :grouphug

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest EmbersDad

chancy is right now telling all the bridge kids about the BESTEST PERSON EVER....and that would be you:-) im sorry for your loss.

We didn't do it.

We had a horrible night during which Chancy was feverish, couldn't eat, and couldn't stand up, was defecating in her bed. So we brought her in to the vet absolutely believing the worst, but Dr. Barr gave us one other option before he was willing to give up. So we left Chancy there (which I HATE to do. HATE.) to receive fluids and intravenous corticosteroids to see if that can perk her up. The steriods may also help reduce the spleen size, aiding her comfort and allowing more space for her other organs (like her poor smushed stomach).

I got a call from Dr. Barr about 90 minutes after we left (before we had even gotten back home), saying after one hour on the fluids & steroids, Chancy had already stood up and walked outside on her own to pee, and then came back in to her kennel and ate some food.

Maybe there is a God.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

We didn't do it.

We had a horrible night during which Chancy was feverish, couldn't eat, and couldn't stand up, was defecating in her bed. So we brought her in to the vet absolutely believing the worst, but Dr. Barr gave us one other option before he was willing to give up. So we left Chancy there (which I HATE to do. HATE.) to receive fluids and intravenous corticosteroids to see if that can perk her up. The steriods may also help reduce the spleen size, aiding her comfort and allowing more space for her other organs (like her poor smushed stomach).

I got a call from Dr. Barr about 90 minutes after we left (before we had even gotten back home), saying after one hour on the fluids & steroids, Chancy had already stood up and walked outside on her own to pee, and then came back in to her kennel and ate some food.

Maybe there is a God.

Oh! :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope :hope

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I should add that if things go well, I'll be bringing her home tonight, and starting oral prednisone to continue what today's IV has started.

We really had no hope when we walked in there. Now there is a single ray, although a dim one. What finally swayed my decision to try the IV was that Chancy was still bright-eyed, and still greedily drinking water.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest trevdog

Sending lots of prayers to Chancy....hoping she rallies well enough to get rid of that nasty spleen. Sending hugs for you too.......

Guest greytexplorer

question about spleenectomy----can the vet remove it thru a "keyhole incision" similar to how the surgeon removed by sister's gallbladder???

my eyes dried up enough to where I could type again.....

xoxox to Chancey when you get her home later.......

OMG I am so happy for you! How horrible that ride to the vets must have been. Do you think that surgery is in the near future for that spleen???

happy dance!!!!!!! :confetti:bounce8:pepper

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Do they even have laproscopic for animals?? somewhere they must

Edited by Madeara
"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif