I Lost My Sweet Chancy

Oh sweetie...you are an inspiration! You rock! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chancy's been in the basement family room with us, catching up on some tv. It's the first time she's done the stairs all week. :) I don't think we're ready for the stairs up to the bedroom yet (a little steeper, and thinner carpet), but I'm confident that will happen soon. :D

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest nerak254

Amiee, I've been asked by the girls to find out when the patient would like us to come and bring her DQ. :P I'm glad she's feeling better.

I'm so excited to read about Chancy's recovery! The wound looks great. Love that pic of her smiling - looks like she's smiling in gratitude :wub:

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

Amiee, I've been asked by the girls to find out when the patient would like us to come and bring her DQ. :P I'm glad she's feeling better.

Karen, that's sp sweet! :) Perhaps sometime next week after Chancy's bowels have had a little time to settle? ;)

~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Here's Chancy this morning, after our am stroll and breakfast, enjoying her pain meds... :lol

chancys_tongue.jpg

Guest hannahmom
Here's Chancy this morning, after our am stroll and breakfast, enjoying her pain meds... :lol

chancys_tongue.jpg

It's so nice to be able to laugh at her instead of being so worried about her :)

Awww...sweet girl....

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I went through it last year with Luther (he'll be 14 next month) when he almost died at his petsitters house..Long story short, he is doing fine and sends his best wishes.

Luther also had his spleen removed. His and Chancy's cases are almost identical. See - miracles do happen.

I need to caution you about stairs and exertion. I was warned about that too soon after surgery. The natural motion as a dog runs up the stairs is to throw its head back. It takes 2-3 weeks for the scarring to completely heal. I know she must feel so much better being able to breath now but you may want to keep her quiet for a while.

Silent breathing is music to your ears isn't it.

The natural motion as a dog runs up the stairs is to throw its head back. It takes 2-3 weeks for the scarring to completely heal. I know she must feel so much better being able to breath now but you may want to keep her quiet for a while.

Silent breathing is music to your ears isn't it.

My Chancy has never "run" up the stairs in the two years I've had her. :lol Fear not, her activity level remains low, despite her increased energy. :) And yes, it's so quiet around here, it's almost eerie.

She's doing well. We just got home from a nice long car ride around town to run some errands. Hubby chauffeured us and patiently waited in the van's AC with the pups while I darted in & out of places, getting stuff done. What a nice guy. :wub:

Just got myself caught up on Chancy's adventures...sounds like she's got a completely new lease on life now! :yay

Continued good thoughts for you and your sweet tigergirly!

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

So nice to come back and see how well your sweet stripey girl is doing....:wub:

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Today's update:

Chancy's been continuing to do well over the past few days. Her breathing has been great, no coughing, no problems eating or drinking. Her tummy even seems possibly less swollen. My only concern (and I may be over-analyzing at this point), is that her energy level seems a tad lower than I would have expected. She happily greeted me at the door after work yesterday, but not with her customary bouncy glee. Same with her walk this morning. She wagged when I picked up her leash, but didn't paw at me or grin or stomp on my feet like she usually does... It's very humid out today, so our am walk today was very short and slow.

Guest greytexplorer
Today's update:

Chancy's been continuing to do well over the past few days. Her breathing has been great, no coughing, no problems eating or drinking. Her tummy even seems possibly less swollen. My only concern (and I may be over-analyzing at this point), is that her energy level seems a tad lower than I would have expected. She happily greeted me at the door after work yesterday, but not with her customary bouncy glee. Same with her walk this morning. She wagged when I picked up her leash, but didn't paw at me or grin or stomp on my feet like she usually does... It's very humid out today, so our am walk today was very short and slow.

The weather here in AL has me "off". We're in a week of 105 degree temps and 114 degrees if you count the heat index.

What's the weather normally like for you in MN, and what's it like this week?

I don't want to go anywhere, even with the car a/c going full blast. I've talked to several people who are having the same "symptoms" as me.

Could it be the same for Chancey? Just weather-related?

OR----maybe Chancey did a little too much, too soon, and needs to rest up?

either way, I wouldn't worry too much! :kiss2 Chancey!!

It's been hot and muggy here, but no more so today/yesterday than the last month or so. And we have AC on all the time indoors. :dunno:

Guest Winterwish

Maybe she's just sort of in a 'now that it's over I can just relax and mellow out a bit' kind of mode.

Kind of like when you've been thru' something,got thru' it like a champ and then have a couple of re-grouping type of days of being quieter and resting a couple of days.

Sending good thoughts out to Chancy for her continued improvement. I love that sweet,sweet photo of her! :wub::hope:dogcookie

• 2 weeks later...

Today's update...

Chancy continues to breathe very well, and shows no signs of complications from the tieback surgery. :)

The not so good news: Her spleen appears to be enlarging even more now. It has become painful to her, as she has difficulty getting comfortable, and pants frequently, despite the pain meds she's on. Her temp is normal, so that at least is a relief. But her poor tummy is so bloated-looking, she almost appears pregnant. :( I think it's putting pressure on her stomach as she is starting to show signs of not wanting to eat solid food again.

I'm not sure what else I can do for her. The ultrasound and needle biopsies a month ago were inconclusive. Not cancer that anyone could see, but also no explanation as to why her spleen is in overdrive. After her chest Xrays, we thought her heart was slightly enlarged, possibly also causing the spleen to react, so Chancy's been on Enalapril for a month.

The idea of a splenectomy occurred to me, but putting my poor ol' lady through another major surgery, esp so soon after the last one... Ugh. :cry1: