I Lost My Sweet Chancy

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vahoundlover

Another one chiming in....GO

Enjoy the time you have together with good friends, your beloved furkids and most of all to make more beautiful memories.

Another vote to go, I bet it will lift Chancy's spirits to be able to wander around on the beach! (As long as the trip to get there won't stress her out).

She's a tough cookie! :wub:

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Guest Tenderhearts

I've been following this thread and keeping sweet Chancy in my prayers :hope

I also say go for the trip :)

Hugs to all! :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Well we're still undecided about the trip. There are good reasons to go, and good reasons not to. I think we'll just wait and see what tomorrow brings... If we go, we won't leave until Saturday morning, so we have another whole day to think about it.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest Winterwish

Aimee,Chancy is the most elegant stripey pants sweetie ever, :wub:

And I just love that picture of your Peaceable Kingdom! :beatheart

I hope Chancy has a good night's sleep and you too. :)

You can really tell in this pic how skinny she looks now that her spleen is shrinking. Where it's concave at her waist was hugely round and hard just two days ago. Sadly, you can also get a good idea how much muscletone she's lost. :(

skinny_chancy.jpg

But we had a lovely lazy afternoon. Here are all three of my pups, my Peaceable Kingdom. :wub:

tip_marla_chancy.jpg

She looks awesome! With all she's been through she looks great and not scary skinny. Don't worry about the muscle tone, it will come back and I'm sure she would really enjoy the trip.

:colgate

Aimee - you all should go. You know you should. These are times for providing happiness and good comfort, as far as we are able. Don't let the future, that we know will come, cloud the present that our pups live for!

God bless

Robin, Judy, and Shadow

Hope you all had a restful night!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Well the decision has been made. We are not going to go. :sad1

We had another bad night, another fever spike up to 105 at 3am. Appetite gone again. She's not in as bad a state as on Wednesday, but not as good as yesterday either. I've been cooling her with ice packs and frozen towels. I've had to force the last two sets of pills into her, as she won't even lick at the peanut butter right now. I consulted with my vet, and he suggested some adjustments in her meds.

She still drinks, and can walk, although MUCH more wobbly/weak than yesterday. We got her outside at about 5:45am and she peed an ocean, and had a bout of bowel upset. But such a good girl for managing to hold that until outside.

She's back in her flat bed now, still hasn't eaten, but I did get her pills in, thanks to Summertime's method of freezing the pills into a "bullet" of cream cheese. I'll give her some time to rest before offering more food. She's very listless right now, which scares me. But her eyes are still alert. I'm hoping the increased prednisone can perk her up soon...

Poor hubby said he felt punished for being so optimistic yesterday. I said it was just a very rude reminder that we are nowhere near out of the woods.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest trevdog

Hang in there! Sending lots of scritches to Chancy.....hopefully the temp will come down and she will feel a bit better soon. I know it's a tough ordeal.....

Aimee...

Sorry the trip isn't going to work out. We all were optomistic for you!! Hope with the med change you see improvement!

Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh Chancy, come on Sweetie, we're all pulling for you. :grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest CaroleWithRunningDogs

Just left you a message Aimee - I usually make up the dog food on Saturday mornings, but think I'll cook up a storm tonight instead. I'll stop some off. Suspect I'll use beef again this time, but maybe stinky salmon! Maybe can sink some pills into it? I'll use a different shaped pasta that might be more conducive to sneakiness.... :gh_face Carole

PS - A friend of mine uses liverwurst to hide pills.

:grouphug

She fought the good fight....

Guest jade1046

OH, NO! I've been following your roller coaster of a story and was so hoping things would work out. She was such a beautiful girl, and a fighter. You did absolutely everything you could and I'm sure she knew it. She's not in pain any longer - be comforted by that. My heartfelt condolences to you and the rest of your family. Godspeed sweet Chancy! :bighug:f_white:f_white:f_white

I'm so sorry Aimee. She was so loved. :cry1

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest JenCorQuin

you know you and Dr. Barr did *everything* you could. she was the most beautiful old lady who had the greatest spirit of calmness. She's at peace now as gut-wrenchingly-sad as that is for you (and us your friends :weep ) I'm glad Stuart could be with you and with her at the end, and that Mark could help while I was stuck @ work......hugs and tears.......god she was a lucky dog to have found you in her golden years......she & Sissy are romping away up at the bridge now together watching over you....I know it....