Cosmo

Guest eviesmom

Guest eviesmom

Hi all -- Craigie's Kozmo, our beloved Cosmo is well-remembered today.

You all know that Cosmo was fighting GME for the past two years and despite our best hopes and optimisms, he was fighting an uphill battle. Although he gave it his best, his quality of life was going downhill and he was no longer the Cosmo we knew.

Thus, being the second hardest decision we have made in awhile (the first being Jaker's last year), this morning we sent Cosmo to the rainbow bridge. Cos flew over at about 09:40 this morning in the best of spirits (after all, he did get his favorite Greenie). Given his persistent panting, even after given the muscle relaxer, confirmed our decision.

I know that this is the worst decision that John had to make, so please keep him in your thoughts and prayers to come to peace with it.

Thanks to all of you who have given him scritches, treats, and the attention he deserves. Cos will be waiting happily for his littermates and friends who will take their time crossing the bridge.

-Mary

IMG_9475.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

*used with permission (Cos has the green jersey on in the bkgd)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bowiebears

My sympathies at your loss.

Even when we know this is the right thing, the heart-hole our furries leave is sometimes hard to endure.

Wishing you all the best, and comfort and peace....

--isaac

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

I know you guys did the right thing and I hope John realizes it, too. Big hugs to John. :bighug :bighug

You both gave Cos a wonderful life.

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

I am so sorry. Run free and race with wings at the Bridge sweetheart. My sympathy and prayers. :grouphug:f_red:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I am so sorry to hear of your loss. :(

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

You sweet boy is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind. I am so sorry.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest jeannejj

I am so sorry for your loss of Cosmo. I know how hard that final act of love is. It's always hard to say goodbye to a cherished friend.

May the beautiful memories stored in your hearts help to bring you both comfort.

Run free, sweet Cosmos.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

I, too, know the pain of letting a beloved friend go. Know that he loved you and that he is now pain free and running

swiftly. Prayers to you and your family.

:f_red:gh_run:f_red

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)