Godspeed, Sweet Skittle

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest amberj002

oh, I am so sorry for your loss. I am so heartbroken for you, I think we will all miss hearing Fruitbat stories. Sending many hugs and prayers to your family.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry to read this news. My thoughts are with you during this heartbreaking time.

The Fruitbat will be sorely missed by many around the globe. She was dearly loved.

Run free at the bridge, sweet Skittle.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest TanyaM

I am so sorry to be reading this. Mine is another heart that has been touched by the stories and pictures you shared of her. Your pink girl was one of a kind.

Strength and prayers for you and your family -

:f_pink

Guest Baloos_Mom

Oh Devon! I am SO SORRY! I just read this. I completely missed her whole illness too. What an awesome little girlie she was. I always enjoyed all her cute pictures. She has such a happy life and you ABSOLUTELY did not fail her!! She knew how much she was treasured and she is happy and healthy... playing with Lori Ann now and in her time, in heaven, she will blink and you will be with her again. :grouphug

Guest LazyBones

:cry1 oh devon, amber........i just don't know what to say. :grouphug

i have been away from GT for a little while as i have been pretty sick, and i am just now seeing this. i am very shocked and saddened right now. i had no idea that miss skittle was so ill. :(

your girl was very special, and will be sorely missed. i know lots of people here loved her, myself included, as i have a soft spot for the bullies. i know it was hard on me when losing chyna, even though i wasn't her actual owner. but please, do not feel like you've failed skittle. i know it's hard not to right now, but you know deep down in your heart that you've done all that you could. we all could see how much you loved that girl.

i can just picture skittle and lori ann rough housing with each other, aand lori ann beating her up. or maybe chyna cleaning their ears and showing skittle how fun it is to kill brooms.

:f_white gentle hugs to you all.

run free, miss skittle. :heart

Guest KnoxGreytMommy

I just saw this post. I am so terribly sorry, DeVon. I have always looked forward to stories and pictures of the Fruit Bat and all the love and affection that you and so many others had for her. May her spirit always be with you and Amber,

Natalie

Guest how888

No words can describe how we all feel for you DeVon. She was such a precious little princess and just know she is just a rainbow away at all times. Running free "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" til we all meet n greet again. My heartfelt sympathy and know we are all her for you day and night.

Guest tygar

Oh my!

I'm so very sorry to hear your sweet Skittle has passed away.

I haven't been on here much lately - and I can't believe the losses that have occurred in the past several months.

Godspeed Skittle... may you run as FAST as Lori Ann in the clouds!

Guest KatieGrey

DeVon, I am so sorry to hear this. I remember when you would post about her on the old Acme boards and the Fur Kids board years ago. I will miss seeing pictures of her.

I found this sweet & peaceful picture today while looking through some pictures.

020507fruitbatsunbeam.jpg

Oh, what a lovely photo of Skittle.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest greyhound_bug

OMG Devon! I just saw this now.

I'm so sorry for your loss and am sending you many hugs.

Godspeed Skittle.

Guest edsmom

Hello Devon, you won't know me -- I've been a 'lurker' on greytalk for some time but I had to register so that I could express my deepest sympathies to you and your family. I just wanted to say that I absolutely loved the Fruitbat and always looked forward to your posts about her and your crew. She touched the hearts of many, even strangers in other countries. I am so sorry for your loss, but you gave her a wonderful life.

Guest 2greygirls

So I just found out about Skittle from the other thread. I am a little late with this.

She was such a special dog

An ambassador

a testament

and the bringer of smiles

I will always remember the picture of her with the drawn on eyebrows, make-up...smiling through the tears even now.

God speed , Fruitbat

you were loved by more people than you know.

I wish I could have met you.

DeVon,

my heart goes out to you and your family

hugs to all.

sonya

I am so sorry for your loss. I don't post a lot but have always enjoyed the Fruitbat pictures and stories. You will be in my thoughts as you go through this loss. Hopefully the happy memories will soon take over the sadness.

Mom to Bella, Trinity, Cricket, DB, Dabber and Sidewinder
As well as Gizmo, Miles, Pumba, Leo, Toby, Sugar, Smokey, Molly, Jasmine, Axel, Billy, Maggie-Mae, Duncan, Sam (MH King 2019), Bambi, Stella, Bay and "Gerty the cat" at the Bridge

Guest Pinky

I am just seeing this now, I am so sorry for your loss. I always looked forward to the Fruitbat posts and pictures, they always brought a smile to my face.

Run free Skittle.

• 2 weeks later...