Winslow's Diary

• Replies 816
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's such a great idea :lol

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

April 16, 2008

Winslow went swimming today.

It was the first swim since November when they turned the heat on in the pool. He loved it! After a big greeting with his favorite people, Roger and Mr. Bush, he went right to the pool and right in! He didn't forget how to swim. We were so proud of him! After 5 laps, he said it was enough. He watched the horses swimming for a minute and then straight for the shower. He slept all the way home, but was really excited when we got here, telling Craig the whole story. After a quick lunch and a few squeaks on the pheasant, he was sound asleep. I bet I have to wake him up for dinner.

Winslow is really happy to be back in the water.

I would have taken photos, but nothing has changed and it all looks like the first time.

Glynis

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

April 24, 2008

Hi Diane,

How's everything? Are you finished with tax season? How's Mizzy?

Here at Winslow's house, things are good. We are looking forward to your visit.

Winslow went swimming today. Getting in shape is slow, but he's happy to swim and really likes seeing the horses again. He did 10 short laps in the pool and his weight is perfect so it was a good morning.

I was setting up a still life this afternoon for a painting. On my website it states that I work under the supervision of Winslow. This is no joke. He doesn't think I can do any of this without him. I know he was tired from the swim, but he was right there, watching every move. Honestly, he checks everything I do! After he removed his nose from my still life, he plopped down right in front of it and went to sleep.

I managed to get a couple of photos of the supervisor at work.

See you Saturday!

Glynis

still1.jpg

still2.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

April 24, 2008

With the fed taxes, a lull now. With the payroll taxes, not until Wednesday.

Mizzy is doing great!

Winslow: although supervisory skills look good on a resume, methinks you should be working on your own painting! The Greyhound Angel Network auction is only 3 weeks away!

Can't wait to see you all

Diane

I don't think he's going to be painting today

Glynis

2008_0424winslow0001.jpg

2008_0424winslow0003.jpg

April 25, 2008

I was reading email to Winslow. I read your mail to him about the auction. Since he may be vacationing during the auction, he decided to get on it and paint one for his donation to GAN. As you can see, he was hard at work. His paintings aren't quite done. It was dinner time. Winslow knows, to the minute when dinner time is and there is no way he will work through it. Asking him to do that is just too risky. As it is, I strap a paint filled muzzle on a greyhound and release him in my house. Fortunately, he knows what to do with it. I don't want to anger him. He was a little messy today, but I think he had fun. Note the remains of dinner on his nose. He'll finish the paintings tonight or tomorrow. I am keeping a photo journal like last year.

Glynis

2008_0424winslowpaints20080022.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

• 3 weeks later...

Seeing the pictures just brought tears to my eyes!

May 13, 2008

Hi Diane,

How's everything with you? Mizzy? The rest of the pack?

We're back from vacation and all is well. Winslow had the best time ever. I'll explain that in a minute. But first, I need to know if you have a link to the auction. I want to put it on my blog. Also, I'll take another photo of Winslow's painting if you need it. Let me know.

Now, for the news:

We went on Winslow's annual vacation to Montauk. On the first day, we went as far as Deer Park, NY. We have friends there and Winslow loves going to their house. He showed off by throwing his toy all around their living room and acting like a puppy. He got the usual chinese food broccoli with the sauce washed off and settled down for a nap. Then it was on to Happauge where we stayed at the Sheraton because Winslow has a pillow that he loves. He got to sleep on the bed with the beloved pillow. It's the annual routine and he knew just what to do. We do the same thing every year and he remembers it.

winslowsheraton.jpg

The next day it was on to Montauk where the weather was cold and windy. Perfect for a greyhound with a broken thermostat. Did I mention that we took both big and little fanny, just in case?

Winslow did all of his usual things. He had fun on the beach (I froze),then a trip to the BOOK HAMPTON in Sag Harbor where DOGS ARE WELCOME. Winslow does love a good story and since his race name was LIBORIO, it's only right to take him to browse the bookstore. We support them because they like dogs.

bookhampton.jpg

We took him to his favorite pet store where he got a new toy. A very odd looking pig, but he is in love.

petstore.jpg

ilovemypiggy.jpg

We visited friends in Montauk who love Winslow and make all the special arrangements for him. He loves their sofa. We visit often.

Winslow spent a week sniffing out all the old spots and creating new ones. He had a great time. I've attached some photos.

smellingtheflowers.jpg

We did a movie on the beach as well. I'll send you the youtube link tomorrow. They are doing site maintenance tonight, so it's down.

Winslowbeach3.jpg

Winslowbeach5.jpg

MeandWinnyonthebeach.jpg

Last year when we took Winslow to the beach, he didn't do a lot. He was still getting chemo and really wasn't feeling all that great. He did some stuff and had a good time, but nothing like this year. He was glad to be back and enjoyed every minute. So did we. It was priceless and made the whole ordeal of last year worthwhile, just to see him so very happy and in good health.

Keep in touch.

Glynis

Edited by Burpdog

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

What a fabulous update :D

*leak in the eye department*

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

It's so great to see Winslow enjoying his vacation. I absolutely love the last photo -- the joy in both of your eyes is amazing. Funny, my eyes are leaking too.

Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

I just love me some Winslow :wub: And he's got the best dog mom on the planet :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

WINSLOW :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: What joy in being alive in all those photos. He is one special boy and has a wonderful family! Thank you for those lovely and uplifting photos. They have really brightened my day!

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

OMG....his smile states it all...he is even laughing with his eyes. Bless his precious and happy heart. :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Great video Winslow :D

May 18, 2008

Hi Diane,

How's everything?

Things are pretty normal here. Winslow has been on a mission all week. He's re-marking the entire neighborhood. Every tree, post, tall blade of grass. Nothing is left unmarked. It rained a lot while we were on vacation. I guess his marks were washed away so he's been a very busy boy all week.

I am, of course, the laughing stock of the greater DC area. One of my neighbors showed my blog to some co workers in DC. They clicked the link for the auction.

The neighbor notified me yesterday that Winslow's painting was selling for more than mine (as if I didn't know!). She said it was the talk of the office... ha ha.... I just love hearing this kind of thing from my neighbors!!!! Winslow was with me when she told me, so he was strutting and laughing at me all the way home!

Now, he wants a beret! I have no peace from him!

Craig is going to NY for a week (gets a real bed in a warm room and can't sleep!) so I'm moving the studio downstairs. Winslow will have access to my paints and my computer. Who knows what might happen.

I see he was outbid on the blue flame collar. Haven't told him yet. That's not going to sit too well with "the majesty". (do you smell a bidding war?)

It's going to be an interesting week at the "house of Winslow".

I got an even better deal on the portable AC.. I found one with a year warranty, free shipping and $50.00 off! It should be here any day. Fortunately it's been cold here. Doors and windows open. Hoodies and sweats for me and Craig.

Glynis

Oh,here we go.

Can you see his head getting bigger?

PS-

Winslow was reading GT today and is wondering how Darcy Deerhound is doing? He's in love with her, you know.

winslowberet.jpg

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Thank doG for Winslow and Glynis. When I'm feeling down, I just need to watch the video of him joyously romping on the beach. It's just good to know he's out there, doing what Winslow does---making people smile.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown