Fudgie 2-1-96 8-14-05

DianeFG

Diane,

It's none of my business, but please share this with your kids. Kids really are smarter than people give them credit and they WANT to grieve with you.

I remember when I was 12 and my brother broke his neck in an accident and they didn't know if he was going to make it. I was out of town with my grandparents at the time and KNEW something was wrong. Just a feeling, I was sick to my stomach with worry and remember being angry because my parents DIDN'T tell me until they knew he was going to live. I knew all along something was wrong and WANTED to know not because I was nosy, but because I WANTED to share those moments with my family. (GOOD TIMES AND BAD TIMES)

It's OK to cry and actually it's HEALTHY to cry. It's perfectly NORMAL, you LOVED him with all your heart (and still do) you really need to share that with your family.

It's so weird because when I was even younger than that, my dog was killed by a car (she was 8 years old) I remember my mom and my older sister sitting on the front porch crying and I just hugged them. Even though I was also distraught inside, I was the stronger one (at that moment) and It made me feel so good to be able to share with them.. I don't know I can't explain it and hope I make sense by my words I'm typing.

I'm just hurting so bad for you right now, :sad1 I'm just heartbroken and want to do what ever I can to make you feel better.

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dreading telling your kids... It's all so hard! I'm so sorry, Diane!

At least, for Fudgie, it was quick, and now he's out of pain, no fear.

Gentle hugs to you and your family...

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Oh Diane, I'm so sorry! What a shock. :( I'm just so very, very sorry. :grouphugf_yellow:grouphug Godspeed, Fudgie. :gh_runner

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

My heart aches for you. Usually (no matter how hard it it) we are given the blessing of being somewhat prepared in losing a beloved hound. The suddeness just makes it that much more devestating.

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

Guest greysx3

Diane my thoughts are with you. I will keep you in my prayers for strength in Fudgie's unexpected passing.

It hurts so much.

Big HUG!

I am so very sorry Diane... Please know our prayers and thoughts are with you..

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie

Diane, I am absolutely shocked and so very sorry! You are a wonderful hound mom and I am sure you didn't miss anything.

Please take care fo yourself and stop beating yourself up. We all know how loved Fudge was and still is :grouphug:f_white

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest auntiesara

Oh Diane

I'm so sorry. We lost Angel Sweetie the exact same way. She was in ICU at Tufts,a very well respectd teaching hospital .We admitted her one evening and visited her the next day at visiting hours. She was weak but still knew us. After driving an hour towards home the vet called to tell us to come back because there was no hope-she was bleeding uncontrollably from both ends. The diagnosis was Kidney Failure. We never imagined we could lose her so suddenly.

All I can tell you is that Sweetie and Angel Matt are helping her get acquainted at the Bridge while they wait to be reunited with us. PM me if it would help to talk-I know all I want is to have Matt back and I know you want your Fudgie back too....

Sara

So heartbreaking...I am thinking of you and your family at this difficult time. Rest easy, Fudgie. :f_red

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest DaffyToons

My heart breaks along with yours. :brokenheart So sorry for your loss. Please know, however, that just your being there helped Fudgie. Even though he was panting from discomfort, there was a certain comfort in your presence. He loves you with his whole heart.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Godspeed, Fudgie . . . .

:grouphug Just thinking about ya :grouphug

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Diane, I'm so very sorry. I can't imagine how shocking it must be for this to have happened so suddenly. Run Free, Fudge.

:grouphug

f_yellow

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

I'm so sorry Dianne. It is such a shock to lose a pup so quickly. You did everything you could- there are some things we cannot control. I'm sure his soul is running free with all the other wonderful greyhounds that passed on before him. Please know that you and your family are in our thoughts.

Kim, (PW's) Nate Dogg and Chloe (TJ Zorabell) - always in our hearts, (Racey) Benson and Polly (Racey Pauline)

allpups.jpg

NaturallyGrey Email List