Fudgie 2-1-96 8-14-05

DianeFG

I still don't know what happened.... I woke up and everything was just fine. Let all dogs out to potty.

Everyone came in and got on their beds because we were heading out to visit DH's mother in the hospital.

Came home 3 hours later and Fudge had vomited. I let him out and cleaned up his bed and the floor. I let him in and he started vomiting again.

I called the evet told them I was coming and put him in the back of the car and left to get him over there. He was vomiting in the car.

The evet is about 45 mins from my house, he vomited 3 times.

I get him in the vets office and he just let go with bloody diarehea and bloody vomit!! I don't know where that came from! There was no blood before.

He was gone within 1 hour.... major gastrointestinal hemoraging. He didn't get into anything!! I would know! The garbage is always put out in the shed, there was nothing! I don't know what happened. The vet did xrays and gave him pain meds to get him to relax... he was trembling and panting. He never stopped panting.

I'm just floored. We got up and everything was just fine.... I just don't know what happened.

I feel sick to my stomach. I don't even know why I'm typing this because I really don't want to talk about it........... he was a good boy. I've been so busy with MIL in the hospital... I hope to God I didn't miss some sign from him that he was sick and I blew it.

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NancyJ

Dear Diane,

I am SO sorry. I live in Massachusetts and lost my greyhound, Pete at the end of June. Send me an email thru greytalk if you would like to talk to someone and I'd be glad to talk with you at this sad time. I'll include my telephone number in the return email.

Nancy

(Watertown)

How heartbreaking! My heart goes out to you... so very sorry that you lost your precious boy. Godspeed, Fudgie... :heart:grouphug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Diane, I am so sorry. Please don't blame yourself. You are the best and wouldn't have done anything knowly to hurt him. Hugs!!

Edited to add:

Diane, sorry to have called but I had to tell you how sorry I am and don't blame yourself! Please don't.

Edited by Wonder

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

My heart aches for you Diane. I am so sorry. Godspeed sweet Fudgie. Run with the wind with all of our Angels sweetheart. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

I'm so sorry for your sudden loss. It seems like Fudgie has been around Greytalk for so long, it's like losing an old friend.

Run Free, Sweet Fudgie...

I am so sorry for your sudden loss. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

I'm so sorry. What a miserable shocking thing to happen. Sending hugs for you, and godspeed to sweet Fudgie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Diane, I am so sorry. How horrible for all of you. We know that things with these guys can go from bad to worse so quickly. I doubt very much that you missed anything. :grouphug:f_white

God speed Fudgie! Run fast and free. :gh_runner

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh, Diane! I am so, so sorry! What an awful thing! :bighug

PLEASE don't beat yourself up. I know how easy it is to do that, especially when the cause is unknown, but I seriously doubt it was anything you missed.

Renie had haemorrhagic gastro-enteritis last year in kennels - no-one else had it, not even my old guy Jim who was sharing with her, it was just one of those things. Luckily for her, she recovered well, but it can be such a sudden thing and devastating to the system - she was vomiting and pooping pure bloody mush, you couldn't tell which end it was coming from.

I am so sorry for your loss. Just so sorry. Hug your other fur-babies for me, they'll miss him. :cry1

My, you're having a tough time right now. But things will get better. :f_pink

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest OnecoRose

I am so sorry to hear your news. I can imagine how you feel. Keep us posted sending love and prayers. He will meet my Chloe at the bridge who I lost Dec 3 last year. :f_pink:angel

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry. My heart is breaking for you. Please take comfort in knowing that you gave him a wonderful home and lots of love.

There will be a bright star in Heaven tonight. May God bless.

Diane I am so sorry...

I am sure it was something you could not have prevented... you are a great greyhound mom. f_yellow

CollageSnap

<p>Finn, Wink, Birdie, Snap and SmokeyJG Quicknfast 7/25/99-5/16/08, JG Quickwink 7/25/99-9/22/13, Iruska SweetDuv 7/19/03-11/9/16, Delbar 6/11/11 and Catahoula Smokey