Fudgie 2-1-96 8-14-05

DianeFG

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diane, I am so sorry. Try to take some comfort in knowing that Fudgie knew he was loved, and that you took the best possible care of him. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :grouphug:hope:candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

:grouphug:kiss2:grouphug

Just thinking about you girl :) Love you!!!!!

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest FoxyandDodgesMom

How heartbreaking.... :bighug Very tragic ....sometimes these things just happen..... Sending prayers your way...your family seems to need it right now!

Guest fastdogs

I am very sorry for the loss of your beloved Fudgie. Please don't be too hard on yourself. There are times when things happen that are out of our control. Fudgie knows you love him.

:f_white

Run free sweet Fudgie.

:jaw Diane I just saw this. I am so very sorry, what a shock this is. What in the world could have done this?

:grouphug:f_red

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

I am so sorry. The shock must be awful for you. Please accept our sincere condolences.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

Oh No! I was away all day yesterday and just saw this. I'm so very sorry for your loss of your sweet Fudgie. It's always hardest when they go suddenly and you don't know the cause. Don't second guess yourself You gave him all the love you had and took excellent care of him. Hugs to you and your family and Godspeed sweet Fudgie. :grouphug:f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm so sorry to read of Fudgie's sudden and unexpected passing to The Bridge :cry1

:f_red

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

:jaw  Diane I just saw this.  I am so very sorry, what a shock this is.  What in the world could have done this?

:grouphug  :f_red

1603844[/snapback]

I don't want them to cut him open to check. I just don't want him bothered anymore. He was poked and prodded so much yesterday it was really distressing. I guess I also don't want to know really. What if its something I should have noticed.... I can't know that. I have to say something.... its not going to sound very nice, but I have to say it. I'm angry with MIL. If she had taken care of herself and not smoked herself almost into a coma (hypoxia) I would have been home like I normally would have been. I was out all weekend looking at rehabs. I spent hours going from rehab to rehab, then back and forth to the hospital. My BIL and SIL slept over so they could be near her I was busy making them comfortable, cooking and stuff. I may have missed something very important because of all this. I know that sounds awful, but I've been thinking it and I finally said it. I will never be mean to MIL, and I will never breathe a word of that to DH, but that's just how I feel right now.

He will be cremated in a private ceremony tomorrow and I can pick him up Wednesday and bring him back home where he belongs.

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

:jaw  Diane I just saw this.  I am so very sorry, what a shock this is.  What in the world could have done this?

:grouphug  :f_red

1603844[/snapback]

I don't want them to cut him open to check. I just don't want him bothered anymore. He was poked and prodded so much yesterday it was really distressing. I guess I also don't want to know really. What if its something I should have noticed.... I can't know that. I have to say something.... its not going to sound very nice, but I have to say it. I'm angry with MIL. If she had taken care of herself and not smoked herself almost into a coma (hypoxia) I would have been home like I normally would have been. I was out all weekend looking at rehabs. I spent hours going from rehab to rehab, then back and forth to the hospital. My BIL and SIL slept over so they could be near her I was busy making them comfortable, cooking and stuff. I may have missed something very important because of all this. I know that sounds awful, but I've been thinking it and I finally said it. I will never be mean to MIL, and I will never breathe a word of that to DH, but that's just how I feel right now.

He will be cremated in a private ceremony tomorrow and I can pick him up Wednesday and bring him back home where he belongs.

1604080[/snapback]

Don't feel bad saying that. I understand, I think we all do. Maybe you might have noticed something, maybe not. I would most likely feel as you do, not wanting to know.

You have had a lot on your plate taking care of MIL and you are a good person to go the distance for her (and your DH)

Again I am sorry you are feeling this pain and that this happened to Fudgie.

:grouphug

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Diane,

Those feelings are COMPLETLY understandable and DO NOT feel guilty for talking about it, THAT is what WE are here for.

GET IT ALL OUT, if you feel you need to say more and don't feel comfortable saying it here, write it in your blog, write it on a piece of paper and then rip it to shreads, get in your car and drive where no one will see you and scream it to the top of your lungs. BUT GET IT OUT!!!

Don't you feel so much better for getting that off your chest?????

I don't blame you for not wanting to have an autopsy performed, I think I would feel the same way. But sweetie, YOU KNOW you would have noticed if there were ANYTHING out of the ordinary and if there were ANYTHING you could have done. Things like this just happen sometimes and it sucks.

My grandpa died unexpectedly on Leap Year Day several years ago. He went to the hospital to get a shot of cortozone in his shoulder and somehow he ended up dead. My grandma didn't even get to say good bye to him, she never knew ANYTHING was wrong. To this day she beats herself up over it and there is NOTHING she could have done, just like this case with Fudgie. We ALL went through A LOT of grief and anger over that, because there was NO WARNING and NO EXPLANATION.

You will have these feelings and they are completly NORMAL!! So don't feel bad for feeling that way O.K. :grouphug

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch