Fudgie 2-1-96 8-14-05

DianeFG

It's very hard when they go fast like that. Without warning. Austin, along with others, will be meeting him at the bridge.

Very sorry for your loss.

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Meredith

I just read this and I am so, so, so sorry. This is just awful. No words can take away the pain, and I know your mind is filled with dozens of "what ifs", but sweetie, there isn't anything you should have done differently. You did your best, and that's all they ask of us. Nothing more, nothing less. And while we're often left with more questions than answers, the one thing you never can doubt is your love and committment to him, and his love and devotion to you.

:grouphug

Guest Meredith

I'm Still Here

Friend, please don't mourn for me

I'm still here, though you don't see.

I'm right by your side each night and day

and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.

I'm everything you feel, see or hear.

My spirit is free, but I'll never depart

as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-

I'm the brightest star on a summer night.

I'll never be beyond your reach-

I'm the warm moist sand where you're so fond,

The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,

The first warm raindrop that April will bring.

I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,

And you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,

You can talk to me through the Lord about you.

I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,

and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep

And the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.

I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.

Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace!

Author Unknown

Guest MySkye

Hello,

I am new to this board and lost my first in a shocking event like yourself. One minute fine, next minute not. I lost my brave girl, Skye, yesterday and have found this forum so helpful, although I am a stranger here, but really, not so much.

DO not blame yourself. Not a greyt place to go and Fudgie doesn't hold you responsible.

I want to thank Fudgie for being at the bridge when my Skye showed up, she is small, gentle and timid and probably needed a paw to hold going over the bridge. I bet your Fudgie was there to do that for my girl.

Understand there is another going through the grief and pain of losing one of these amazing creatures. How better off our lives are for having them for the time we could.

My heart is with you and the rest of your family, two legged and four legged.

Hello,

I am new to this board and lost my first in a shocking event like yourself. 

I want to thank Fudgie for being at the bridge when my Skye showed up, she is small, gentle and timid and probably needed a paw to hold going over the bridge.  I bet your Fudgie was there to do that for my girl.

1607430[/snapback]

{{{hugs}}} to you. I'm so sorry. There is something very comforting in picturing Fudgie giving Skye a nuzzle at the Bridge. Thank you for that.

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

Oh Diane, I'm so terribly sorry! I haven't been online too much the past couple of days and I missed this.

I'm so sorry for your profound loss. I just don't know what to say. :(

Keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Take care.

paula_sig.gif

~One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all ~

Guest jettcricket
I want to thank Fudgie for being at the bridge when my Skye showed up, she is small, gentle and timid and probably needed a paw to hold going over the bridge.  I bet your Fudgie was there to do that for my girl.

1607430[/snapback]

How sweet of you to think of your little girl being embraced by Fudgie....made me cry. We all know that they are there for one another and to look out for each other. :cry1

Edited by jettcricket

1607430[/snapback]

How sweet of you to think of your little girl being embraced by Fudgie....made me cry. We all know that they are there for one another and to look out for each other. :cry1

1607718[/snapback]

Ditto that!

Welcome to the board, I wish you would have found us sooner, but stick around O.K. :)

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

I'm afraid for his thread to drop off this page..... it will be so final and complete then :(

I know that's not rational....... But I just needed to say that out loud.....

I can't believe he's gone.... I know this thread has to move down, there will be others who lose their beloved hounds and they need support. I'm just being selfish and don't want to let him go. I keep thinking I'm ok, but then I'm not.

I picked up his ashes last night...... that makes me very sad.... I don't like to think of him in that little box :( so confined and locked away motionless on my mantle.

There, I've actually said it. I can try and move on now. Please don't anyone respond to this, I know this thread needs to close for me now or I'll just keep upsetting myself. I keep looking in here and its making me cry. I keep re-reading the whole thread. I need to stop that. I've gotten wonderful replies from all of you and I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It's time for me to try and let him go so I don't make myself nuts..... :(

Diane

4463Fudgie_and_Goods_draft_2_sharpened_small.jpg

Fudgie 2/27/96 - 8/14/05 and Goods 2/27/96 - 3/12/08 ~~Together again~~

I KNOW I KNOW.. I should not have replied :headwall

But Diane, it hasn't even been a week yet! You NEED to grieve, it's TOTALLY normal!!!! It's HEALTHY to cry!!! :grouphug The thread will fall to the next page when it's time. Don't rush it!!!

:grouphug:kiss2:grouphug

Major & Black Jack are the BEST Doggies in the WORLD

A Major Presence - MAJOR - March 10, 1999 - January 13, 2011

Little Joe - BLACK JACK - July 31, 1998 - February 8, 2011

"If you lead your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself. " - Randy Pausch

Guest Meredith

I agree w/ BJ. We're all grieving his loss, too - he was part of the GT family, and many of us felt like we knew him. We may not miss him the way you do, but we do feel his loss and want you to understand that we share your grief. We can't take it away, but we can help carry it when it seems too much to bear. You shouldn't ever "let him go" -- he'll always be in your heart and with you, you just can't see him. Let yourself grieve, let yourself be sad and angry and all the other emotions that go with death. You need to do that for you. And if this thread comforts you, then by all means, keep coming back. It may be part of the healing process for you. Only you can determine when you don't feel like you need to come here anymore. The thread will still be here, if you feel like posting pictures, if you feel like telling stories, if you feel like you need to vent. This is your place - we're just hanging out here w/ hugs and tissues if you need us. There is no right way to grieve, Diane. It's whatever works for you, and no one can tell you what works but you.

I'm just reading this for the first time, as I don't come to this forum much. I am so sorry Diane. I loved reading Fudgie stories and feel as though I knew him a little too. God speed. sweet, sweet boy.

:f_white:f_white:f_white:f_white

Guest FullMetalFrank

I still go back and read Iberia's 'Remembrance' thread from time to time and I cry, every time. I have a folder that had all his race info, adoption stuff, etc... and that is where I put all the wonderful cards and notes that GT people sent after his passing; and I still read through them. Greiving is a long process; I don't think it ever really stops, we just learn to live around it. Take your time; everyone here understands.

Hugs to you, and give a nice long hug to Goods from me, too.

:grouphug So sorry, Dianne.

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012