Prayers Please!

Guest katieandpadfoot

Guest katieandpadfoot

My wonderful big boy Padfoot. Has not been feeling well. Yesterday they found a mass in his small intestines. Now it could just be some junk backed up. But they did a biopsy, to see if it is cancer. My sweet boy is only 7. He is still eating (not a lot, but eating) and going to the bathroom. So it's not blocked. He is my first grey and I've never been through anything like this before. Except in humans. If anyone as advice for questions that might help me talk to the dr more knowledgeable that would be much appreciated. I did ask if he as an elevated white blood cell count and he does not. Thanks so much in advance to everyone!!!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have any advice to offer, but will send lots of positive thoughts for you and Padfoot. I know how terrifying it is to wait for answers.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Sending lots of prayers out to you and Padfoot. Please keep us posted.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

sending prayers! :hope :Hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Keeping your big, sweet boy in our prayers, and hoping for a positive update!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Hoping its nothing. :hope

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Oh my goodness. Lots of prayers for your boy, and hugs for your worried self.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Good thoughts for Padfoot. I hope whatever the mass it, it's treatable. Love his name.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:hope

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Was the mass found on ultrasound? Did he have a biopsy done through endoscopy or surgery, or was it an aspirate? Hopefully it's nothing serious, but even if it's cancer, it may be very treatable, so try not to get discouraged. Some intestinal tumors can be surgically removed with good margins and have a good long term prognosis.

It really depends on exactly what the mass is, where it's located, and how extensive it is. Since he just had a biopsy and didn't have the mass removed, I'm assuming he hasn't had an exploratory surgery done. Depending on what the biopsy shows, it's possible that may be the next step to consider. Even if it's not cancer, an exploratory surgery may be helpful if it looks like an abscess or granuloma.

My mixed breed Corey had a cancerous tumor removed from his cecum (appendix) in 2008. He had a recurrence involving the small intestines in 2010 and had another surgery to remove several new tumors. He's still doing well now at almost 12 years old and has been on a new cancer medication called Palladia since the recurrence.

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg