WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:coffee Good morning!

We leave our lovely hotel this morning and head towards our ship.  Luggage has to be ready by 7:30 am.  I’m heading to the shower and to finish packing!

Kathy

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

:coffee     16C and Heading into a perfect day :)

Going to ride and then head to the Sheet Shack.  

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I have decided that I am frightened.  (Sometimes it takes me a while to figure out how I'm feeling.)

My family's farm and the cemetery abut Navy property.  There was a firefighting foam spill at the airport (where the old Naval air station was).  My cousins have disabled the pumps at the cemetery and later went back and cut the lines.  I didn't realize the air station was a superfund site. So... what happens if the cemetery becomes contaminated?  What if this happens in 100 years?  What happens to my ancestors?

Sorry to be a Debby Downer this morning.  It's just on my mind.

Toxic foam encroaches on cemetery on Purinton Road

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Hoping Kathy and Jim had a good night and are on their way. 

Knot a single lampshade at Target with the infrastructure at the top as needed instead of way down in the depths. At the suggestion of our server at my weekly Saturday lunch with a dear friend, I tried a thrift shop and bingo!  Not totally right yet but I'm sure DH can jury rig something so the finial has something to screw down directly to. Right now things are just balanced on each other but it (gently) works for an investment of $3.99. AND it doesn't look like it has been run over by the CRV. 

I'm going to start accumulating stuff to be packed for NJ and the Shore.   I always haul too much stuff and have promised myself I will be vigilant about what goes in the luggage this year. We'll see how that goes. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

23 minutes ago, Mercsmom said:

What happens to my ancestors?

I strongly suspect that would be a moot point since your ancestors are dead and buried and the older ones have crumbled to dust by now. 

That said, what a worrisome situation for well owners. State and local officials "refusing" to share past studies is totally unacceptable. 

• Like 1

Gud sticky Sunnyday! Please send some rain this way!

Elizabeth, is the Superfund's site cleanup still in the active stage? There should be a website for it on the EPA's Superfund pages, with contact info--maybe y'all can get the cemetery added to the cleanup?

• Like 1

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

there is no way in he77 that I would ever go higher than the second floor in any hotel/motel/apartment/condo.  Besides being petrified of heights….What if there was a fire?!?     Nancy, when I was in graduate school I lived on the top residential floor, #16, of a dorm with a revolving restaurant on top.  We had regular middle of the night fire drills, all traipsing down the stairs in our jammies and robes.  It was the traipsing back up that was hardest. :rotfl

Miss Kathy and Mister Jim are heading to their ship! :yay

Miss Elizabeth, I remember your first post about that spill. :grouphug  I'm sorry it is now a big source ob worry for you and your fambily. :kiss2  I'd so like to think that our government would be responsible for cleaning up our military sites and affected environments in such situations.

Miss Patsy, you thrifted a lamp shade! :yay

We're knot cool today butt we're heading, at last, into some cooler weather.

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Exactly one week from right now I will be on the way to The Shore and anticipating our traditional lunch-before-we-can check-in at a wonderful seafood place. I shall wallow in fried clams that have never been frozen🥰🥰. Pardon me whilst I do my happy dance (and go down to put my wash in the dryer).

Hello my Friendlies!!

Starting off kinda cloudings but we're sposed to be clear with sunnings later on and in the 80s.  We "only" gotted up to 96 yesserday!!  :rolleyes:  

Have a nice trip Miss Kathy!!  :wave  

Miss Lizabeth, we agree there should be a way to talk with the base and find out more information.  With govermint peeples, it's always "the skweeky whell gets the greasing!!"  They also may (or may not) have any idea anyone is still taking care of your property, as many old cemeteries are just abandonated.  :kiss2  

Miss Patsy, depending on how old the lamp is and what kind it is, you *might* be able to change out the old lampshade harp - the wire part that holds the lampshade - for something that is more contemporary friendly.  :grad  If you can get the harp out, you can probly put another harp in.  Just take the old one with you to the hardware store to compare the bottom spread and how tall you need.

Miss Loosy, Momma says she only had three stories to climb up but it still sukked rotten eggs to have fire drillings in the middle of the nite!!!  Her room was ushually rite next to the fire escape steps door, so she always got volunteered to hold a flash lite and check the rooms in her wing for stragglers.

We did NOT get lunsch deliver yesserday, but we are today!!  :chow  Momma's gonna pick alla her onyums outta the garden cause they all falled over even tho they are not that big yet.  We'll see what they look like, I gess.  She has decided she is NOT gonna try and grow onyums again as they take up too much room and don't ever get really big enuff to use or save for the whole winter.  Probly the same with cornings too.  She just doesn't have the rite colored thumb to grow em, and it's just as easy to buy at the farming market if they want fresh.  :dunno  

Wishings for a sensashunal Sunnyday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Boy Howdy - there's a lotta travelers in the Club lately!

Kathy, Patsy, Cindy, CarolAnn. Anyone else?  Didn't Miss Jennie say she was going to ManySodas?

Sorry there is some kind of damage to your property, Elizabeth.  I have forgotten the story.   And why doesn't it get cleaned up by the people who did it?

Nothing new here.   I spent the afternoon in the Sheet Shack.  I have not been in there for a while.  Last week one of our washers went ded. It was very, very old and ready for the washer graveyard.  A new one will be installed on Tuesday  :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

Oh no, Doodad the whirld famuss grey, is gone. :weep

• Sad 8

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

21 minutes ago, palmettobug said:

Vanessa, was it today? I want to get the month correct on the Remembrance list.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Yes, her owner posted on Reddit. He's posted on GT a couple of times.

• Sad 4

Vanessa, I've now posted Doodad in Remembrance. Can you post the Reddit story? When I added it and a FB video it merged with the Remembrance list too so I removed them for now.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Here's what was posted on Reddit: 

This morning we said our final goodbyes to our beautiful Doodad. She was the sweetest, gentlest, most ceaselessly-affectionate soul I have ever had the privilege to call my best friend. She was the center around which our everyday world revolved, as no day went by without looking forward to cuddling her, treating her, and considering “what would Doodad like?” She was always there to support my wife through serious health struggles, lending a helping paw as if to say “I love you. Please feel better. It will be ok.” In spite of never having earned her medical degree, Doodad wholeheartedly earned the distinction of “Nurse Doodad”, an expert in her field.

She inspired us to share with the world many YouTube videos depicting her many endearing personality traits, which all greyhounds share, and to demonstrate how deserving of a peaceful home greyhounds from all walks of life are. And she deserved more love than the two of us could possibly give. We always reminded Doodad how often her fans from near and far remarked that she not only inspired them to laugh, but to ultimately adopt a grey of their own. It fills us with joy to know that Doodad could play a part in your decision to welcome one into your own homes.

Toward the end of her 13+ year life, she stopped eating as her liver and kidneys began to fail. Her body grew weak, but her spirit remained strong and graceful though her pain, as she would still attempt to roach, stretch her paws to meet ours, and burrow her wonderful snout behind our backs for warm comfort. Her eyes always had a soft-natured, deeply thankful, consoling, intuitively human way of connecting to yours. She would study you, feel for you, and comfort you with a simple gaze.

Doodad will forever possess our whole hearts, and I am confident that her presence will be felt around us in a myriad of obvious and obtuse ways. She was the most beautiful thing to happen to us, and there will never again be a friend like our sweet Doodad. We already miss her so much.

• Sad 1

Momma says she remembers Miss Doodad.   She was before my time on GT tho.  :(

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

10 hours ago, palmettobug said:

ca1a20_fe436b7f3d2648e5acb69018dbe12a1a~  I dearly loved Doodad videos.  I used to add them to my class websites under Fun Things to Watch.  That girl was such an ambassador.  ca1a20_e9f6c83fb4554c31a4e4b56800204dde~

If you've never seen a Doodad video, might I suggest 

• Like 2

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Brisk 10C   :coffee

Run Free, Doodad :(

I have a few house cleaning duties this morning:wacko:   PlusAlso some hay nests to fill.  

Patty and I are going on a short road trip this afternoon :)     We’re meeting DocMorag at her boarding barn and going for a ride in their forests.  They also have access to an old rail-bed that was turned  into a hiking/cycling/riding trail. No motorized vehicles. 

• Like 2

Gud sticky Moansday! Lukks like we got sum rain overnite, but it didn't help wibs da hoomids.

Doodad :weep I loved her videos!  :cry1 

The WiFi reception on the ship is practically nonexistent so when the ship is moving I cannot access internet.  We docked in Muskegon Michigan about 6:30 this morning and I’m finally able to get a signal!   I will catch up when we get back from our excursion to Holland MI today.

Kathy

• Like 1

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Miss Patsy has a date next week wif never-seen-a-freezer fried clams! :yay :chow

Miss Banessa, thank you so much for sharing the sad news ob Doodad's passing.  The hilarious and charming videos that her humans made ober the years brought such laffter and happiness to Ma.  She's crying soggy tears now and I'm sad too.  :crying  She touched lives far and wide.

Mam and Patty hab a fun outing scheduled today. 

Miss Kathy and Mister Jim, I hope today's tours are gonna be fun and that you are meeting people you can enjoy getting to know!

Ma kinda forgot that today was Labor Day...the peril ob being retired :lol:...so she's gonna hab to call her GP's office tomorrow instead ob today. Her back is a bit better each day so today she's gonna try mowing the overdue grass before it get as high as an elephant's eye. :D 

Here's a photo ob me and my Opal eyes.  Ma is just fixated upon my eyeballs. I know she posted here about my stunning emerald eyes, when the pupils were wide open and before the cataracts grew.  Then my eyes glowed like emeralds sometimes in the light and Ma just loved it.  Then for a while I had one emerald eye and one opal eye.  In the last couple ob weeks I now hab 2 opal eyes.  Ma's gonna miss her emeralds, butt opals are pretty too.

457666621_10219954546693331_806132691772

Nate, A Jewel of a Hound

• Like 3

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Nate :kiss2

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Gonna be cloudings most of the day and we mite not see the sunnings at all.  There's showerings around,  but probly not at ourown house.  We're gonna go back into the sawna affer tamaarrow tho and that will not be fun.  :( 

Mister Nate  :kiss2  Momma says more Mother of Pearl, but opals work too!!  ;)  Be careful with your back Miss Loosy!!!  :shakefinger 

Miss DooDads parents were very clever hoomins.  They figgered out how to show her in all her glory and funness!!

Miss Kathy, are you gonna go see the big flower bulb farming??

Oooo!!!  Miss Patty Horsie and Mam are going on a advenchoor!!!  :thumbs-up  

We are not gonna have an advenchoor!!  :bugeye  Well, I gess I am, finally, on Thirdsday, but it's just boring around here otherwise.  Momma hadda cansell my vetamarian appoinkmint a couppla weeks ago cause the cleaning ladies were coming and that was more important.  <_<  

Wishings for a lovely Laber Day for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants