Greyhounds Reach The Beach 2023 - Who's Going?

Time4ANap

October 5th - October 8, 2023 - Rehoboth Beach DE

https://grtb.org/

Chris and I will be there. Mark isn't much of a flyer so he will be hanging out with Snickers here in AZ that week. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

You'll be only a 9.5 hr drive from us. There's also a small airport 20 miles away. We'll leave the light on for ya :coastie

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

6 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

You'll be only a 9.5 hr drive from us. There's also a small airport 20 miles away. We'll leave the light on for ya :coastie

I wish we could. This is usually a 2 week fall trip to see family with GRTB mixed in. This year we have to fly in, go to GRTB and fly out a day before everyone else to get back home for....reasons. I don't like it when we have "reasons" to deal with.  We will only see family members who show up at the beach on this trip instead of being out there for a couple weeks to catch up with those we haven't seen in a few years. 

Maybe CG should come to the beach to hang out with Miss Irene and the Camp Broodie Mark staff. 

13 hours ago, Houndtime said:

I'll be here to greet you!

Can't wait to see you again! 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

6 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

I wish we could. This is usually a 2 week fall trip to see family with GRTB mixed in. This year we have to fly in, go to GRTB and fly out a day before everyone else to get back home for....reasons. I don't like it when we have "reasons" to deal with.  We will only see family members who show up at the beach on this trip instead of being out there for a couple weeks to catch up with those we haven't seen in a few years. 

Maybe CG should come to the beach to hang out with Miss Irene and the Camp Broodie Mark staff. 

Dang. I'm glad that you guys can get to the beach before reasons intrude. (Best thoughts.) We'd love to come down, unfortunately Punkin's car rides at two hours have gotten to be too long, and no sitters here. We'll expect a full report plusalso :digicam

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

On 8/16/2023 at 4:29 AM, phall said:

I will be there and can't wait to get to the beach and see old and new friends.  I'll being going dogless, so will need my greyhound fix every day.

On 8/16/2023 at 5:49 AM, JenniferS said:

I will be there and staying a new place this time. Also dogless so looking forward to seeing all the greys!! <3 

I guess those of us who are dogless there should setup a hound day care. :lol 

Might be able to make it there for a day...  would stay at my brother's.  Hope I can get there - would love to see everyone!  Especially since I had to miss GIG this year!

Jeannine with Lili & Okie, the kitty sisters and Cody grey-girl waiting at the bridge (along with kitties Weenie & Merlin)

• 3 weeks later...

I will be there! I will be vending in the Convention Center (jackets, collars, gifts/ B & T Products). My husband Mark will be there with River Road Candleworks, Art, and pepper sauces.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.

5 hours ago, celbee said:

I will be there! I will be vending in the Convention Center (jackets, collars, gifts/ B & T Products). My husband Mark will be there with River Road Candleworks, Art, and pepper sauces.

Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Cool!  

The countdown is on to get out of this desert heat. See you there. 

• 2 weeks later...

Have fun everyone.
Not making it this year which is a bit of a bummer. 

Greyhounds: Amelia (Cataloosahatchee 9.10.17) & Carmen (Rebellious Bird 8.23.17)
Kitty: Biggi Paws (7.4.13)
Horse: WC Kharena (2.28.17)
Rainbow Bridge: Raider Kitty (4.1.01 - 8.12.21), Sidney (Kane's Seminole 11.14.08 - 9.26.19 ), June (Potrs June 6.1.09 - 3.1.19) Bella the Rottweiler, Kitties: Spike, DC, Gilda, Killer, Sophie & Nala 

We are nervously watching the potential government shut down.  I have a feeling that air travel will be a real pain if the shut down happens. There are 4 of us flying in from 2 different states to meet up at the airport with out flights landing about 15 minutes apart. I have a feeling that plan will have a big wrench thrown in if it happens. 

5 hours ago, Remolacha said:

“They” said on the news this morning that travel over the next couple of weeks should be no more chaotic than usual if there is a government shutdown. The problems will come if it lasts more than two weeks or so. Hopefully you all will be ok.

Fingers crossed.  it would be shame if we couldn't fly back and had to spend a few extra weeks at the beach. I'm sure that Irene and Len have a spare dog bed we can sleep on. :lol

On 9/27/2023 at 7:20 PM, Time4ANap said:

Fingers crossed.  it would be shame if we couldn't fly back and had to spend a few extra weeks at the beach. I'm sure that Irene and Len have a spare dog bed we can sleep on. :lol

Sounds as tho you'll be good to go :clap

23 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Sounds as tho you'll be good to go :clap

I wouldn't make you sleep on a dog bed!  Silly you.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Plane leaves Tuesday morning. I'm ready. 

We're here and hoping to run into you sometime.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

On 10/6/2023 at 3:53 AM, greytpups said:

We're here and hoping to run into you sometime.

Well, I just saw this. We got home last night. Sorry we missed you, Jan. I didn't fire up the computer once on this trip, so didn't see this. Not using the computer for a week was actually a nice break though. 

Hopefully we'll see you next time. 

Don 

On 10/1/2023 at 7:25 PM, EllenEveBaz said:

MP --  Africa -- how exciting!  Where in Africa?  Will you be stopping off at GRTB on the way home?

Jo'burg, SA to Victoria Falls,  Zimbabwe to Hwange, Zimbabwe,  Chobe, Botswana,  Okavango Delta, Botswana, Cape Town,  SA. 

AWESOME TRIP!

Was too tired to go to GRTB.