Dear Sweet Ben

Hi all! I've been lurking these forums for a few weeks now and wanted to make a post and introduce myself :)

We adopted our dear Benjamin Button (aka Ben) (aka MooMoo our miniature Holstein cow) a little over 3 weeks ago. He's an almost four-year-old black and whiter who raced under the name of Sol's Buddy. Ben has settled in like an absolute champ from day one, he is the perfect gentlemen and has been so forgiving of DH and I's noob first time dog owner mistakes. We already can't imagine our life without him. :rolleyes:

This forum has already been an absolute goldmine of information, and I can't thank those who post enough for helping us get off on the right foot, providing sooo many helpful and handy tips, and just generally making us feel like we're not the only people in the world going through certain weird greyhound quirks (why does he lick the floor though, whyyy :lol)

Things Ben likes very much: 

-morning and afternoon walksies

-post dinner snuggles

-afternoon naps in the back of mum's wagon

-chasing flies

-peanut butter and dried liver, preferably at the same time :lol

Things Ben doesn't like: 

-other big dogs (esp. the friendly, harmless neighbourhood labrador, grrrr :blush)

-nasty ants

-nasty grass seeds (major owie)

-bath time

And of course, pics! 

No description available.

Edited by MooMooTheGreyt

What a handsome boy - he looks well settled in!  Welcome!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Oh, my goodness!  Ben is a beauty.  He has such loving eyes as he gazes at you, too.

Your description of him sounds a lot like my fist Greyhound, Piper the Perfect.  He settled in so easily and was a wonderful introduction to the breed for me.  He loved walks, being in the front of any group when walking, his blankie and jammies, and me. :wub:  That feeling remains mutual.

Welcome!

Edited by LBass

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Not only a cow dog, but he's got SPECKLES!  He almost looks like a dalmatian from the underside. :)  Welcome from southwest Virginia.  

And besides licking the floor, why why why do they lick the sofa?  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

spotty belly! :kiss2   So cute!  Congrats and welcome!

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway