Prayers for Lola

Just left my sweet girl at the hospital. She's been 'off' for a couple of weeks and had begun to skip meals and lose weight.  Blood work indicates possible kidney/pancreas/spleen involvement. Ultrasound shows (maybe) an enlarged spleen. Aren't Greyhound spleens unusually large? Thankfully, no masses. Lola will be on sub-q, famotidine and cerenia for one or two days while the vet continues to investigate.

Please keep my girl in your thoughts and prayers. 

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

sending hugs :(  I have heard that GH's have a larger spleen?

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Best thoughts for Lola :goodluck

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Thanks all! Keep'em coming. Update call from vet - kidneys look good, she's resting quietly, getting fluids. No food or water until tomorrow.  No fever. BUN, ALT, creatinine and some other stuff high. Can't think right now. This is bringing up PTSD from when I lost Wendy three years ago from mystery symptoms of unspecified significance.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Lola has crossed the Rainbow Bridge. My heart is shattered.

So so sorry to hear this. You have to be in shock.  Lola has had your undivided attention and you didn't  miss anything. The summer heat makes all dogs slightly off. And the killer is the positive update from the vet. Take a deep breath...and another tissue. So, so sorry.:grouphug

Mods....Please close this thread. Lola has crossed the Bridge.  Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers.

• Jeff locked this topic