Milo Is Pissed Off.

Here is a new one for me: three dogs in the house. I use separate rooms while feeding. After eating their share, they run to the next dog's bowl and see what is left over.

But Milo the GH also intentionally pees into the others bowls! What a whacko. (Yes, new behavior)

Not sure if he is trying to assert himself? Or may be due to the house full of my grandkids that are here for a while. My 2 y/o grandson was fondling Milo's testicles yesterday - I am sure Milo did not like that, but he put up with it!

Time to break out the carpet cleaner again!

Years back, when we first got John E, he would pee in Brandy's bowl. Only did it a couple of times. I yelled each time, so he got the idea. I think it might be a dominance thing.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Hi. Without knowing any other details, your Milo is anxious, and the elephant in the room is the house full of 'curious' grandkids. I'd expect the unusual peeing to be a symptom of the anxiety. If you can't supervise the kids, try give the dog a safe place where kids cannot go. Cheers. PS. Just trying to prevent a child being bitten.

I would baby gate him into his feeding room until all the dogs are finished eating. Or use the umbilical method after he is finished and until all the other dogs have finished.

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Hi. Without knowing any other details, your Milo is anxious, and the elephant in the room is the house full of 'curious' grandkids. I'd expect the unusual peeing to be a symptom of the anxiety. If you can't supervise the kids, try give the dog a safe place where kids cannot go. Cheers. PS. Just trying to prevent a child being bitten.

YES! You are skating on thin ice allowing Milo to be treated like this. Some sort of instinct pack status thing on the peeing. However allowing a kid to mess with him like that .......don't think thats fair to expect him to tolerate that.

Edited by racindog

Regardless of the situation - pissing on the Cherios is not ok.

Simple solution - put down the food - pick all bowls up as soon as each one gets done eating. No more checking each other's bowl's, certainly no more marking on them. Nip that behavior.

There are times to figure out the reason why, and there are times to just stop the behavior. Stop this.

• 4 weeks later...

Is it working? Well ... as long as I put the bowls away, yes.

But now, I randomly find (small) wet spots on my carpet, and just today a pee puddle on kitchen floor.

I hate to castrate the poor boy, but might be the next logical option.

Why do men take neutering personally?

My Dad was the ultimate dog lover and never once neutered a dog. The two FEMALES we had were of course both spayed!

You don't mention having a urinalysis run. I'd do that, personally. He could have an infection.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

How old is he?

And when are these puddles appearing?

Violet used to mark on the rug where she ate after she was done. We solved the problem by taking her out for an additional pee right before I fed her to make sure she was empty and then not leaving the rug/bowl I fed her with down for any length of time. I did that for a while to break the habit and now no longer need to do any of that.

I agree that a urinalysis should be the next step though.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

How old is Milo? (Oops, Jen aleady asked that.) And how long have you had him? A newly adopted Grey is likely to have marking issues. A lot of times, a belly band helps with this. Is he an ex-racer? I'm just curious why he wasn't neutered before you adopted him. Most adoption groups will not place an un-neutered or un-spayed dog. And sometimes when a new dog comes into the house, the ones already there might have some dominance issues. Is Milo new or was he there before the other 2?

In any case, I'd get that guy neutered!

Edited by queenwinniesmom

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

"Why do men take neutering personally?" Balls! said the Queen, if I had them ... I did have my Gold Retriever/chow neutered years ago; did not lessen his aggression at all. (I am not sure he has ever forgiven me. :rofl )

How old is Milo? 4-5 yrs And how long have you had him? 4-5 months Is he an ex-racer? Yes, I got him directly from the owner.

Is Milo new or was he there before the other 2? Milo is the newest pup.

No urinalysis done.

Damp spots on carpet could be from drooling or licking dogs, maybe. They are not obvious puddles.

I caught Milo this morning peeing on the carpet, because he had been inside for 14 hours or so, and I left my BR door open (I have been closing it at night just so he wouldn't pee until I take him out in the AM.)

Hmm, well that's far too long in between potty breaks. Was that an anomaly? Seems like a good idea to keep him on a routine with more frequent breaks and monitor him more closely so you know if/when he's having accidents and go from there. It seems you may not have a problem at all so long as you pick up food bowls.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."