Is Car Poop Really Bad?

Guest fannysmom

Guest fannysmom

Fanny on our walks has a couple times found a tasty nugget, cat poop. Is this going to hurt her? I know clumping litter is an issue but this is au naturel in the great outdoors.

Mine raid the littterbox whenever they can. They're still alive and well.

Edited by robinw

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Poop from unknown origins may contain worms or other bacteria that *could* be harmful. Yes. As much as possible you want to not allow her to snack on random items she finds on walks.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest fannysmom

Lol. I just realised I typed car poop. Good to know it won't kill her. She's fast. Gobbles it down before I have time to say ah ah.

Cats eat a very high protein diet (obligate carnivores), another reason it is so appealing :rolleyes: Fletcher picked up a nasty case of giardia from feral cat poop. They are really fast when they go after those treats, but I'd stop her from doing it as much as possible, because you never know what nasties might be in there.

It's not on the list of recommended food supplements.

:rofl Good one, Irene!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

It's not on the list of recommended food supplements.

Yeah - I don't think Springtime offers it. :bgeorge

Lol. I just realised I typed car poop. Good to know it won't kill her. She's fast. Gobbles it down before I have time to say ah ah.

I saw that the post said "car poop" and realized that I had left this morning's poop bag in the van. It's getting pretty warm here so we drive to a shaded area to walk, and I forgot that I had a loaded bag when we got home. Thanks for typoing! :bgeorge

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Yeah - I don't think Springtime offers it. :bgeorge

I saw that the post said "car poop" and realized that I had left this morning's poop bag in the van. It's getting pretty warm here so we drive to a shaded area to walk, and I forgot that I had a loaded bag when we got home. Thanks for typoing! :bgeorge

​Potpourri time?

Banjo would always get the runs after he'd eaten cat poop when he went out in the garden after dark.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

"cats do it deliberately, it's always the cat's fault." sez poppy.

my bridge ex racer, Millie, was out in the garden one summer day, suddenly i heard a horrid GSOD and she came in limping, lifted leg, whining and wimpering. i checked her wrist & leg - she'd had a track injury that invalided her out of racing, couldn't find any obvious flaws. she lay down, so i figured maybe a sprain. an hour passes. gets up, GSOD again, limp. lifted leg herld up in agony. check her more thoroughly, fan her toes looking for maybe a grass seed. she had a small piece of dried cat poo resting on the web between her toes. took it out. waggy tail, all is well with the world and she was whole again. she never did try to lick it out, guess that was considered my job. darn cat next door laid land mines.

Regards,
Wayne Kroncke

CAVE CANEM RADIX LECTI ET SEMPER PARATUS
Vegetarians: My food poops on your food.

I read your title and thought you were worried about a dog pooping in the car on a trip! Which actually happened once with a foster I was transporting. :hehe

All things considered - I'd take a dog eating cat poop over a dog pooping in the car. Hope you never have to compare! :flip

As far as your real question - just keep her on an anti-worm med and it'll be fine. I seldom managed to keep a dog from snatching up something gross before I even spotted it, and it never hurt any of mine.

And I thought you were asking if pooping in the car is really bad--no, not if you can stand the smell and don't mind cleaning it up, ha ha!

I must disagree! Yes - yes it is bad LOL!!