Hello From Ilaria & Max

Guest Cilla

Hi greytalkers! My name is Ilaria and I'm writing to you from Italy. I was looking for a nice greyhounds' forum and I found this one, which is really nice.

I'm the proud mum of Max (race name Rains Max), an irish greyhound I adopted three years ago.

I had other dogs in my life but I completely fell in love with this breed and with my precious big brindle boy.

The family is composed also by my husband Roberto, our sheperd dog Dora, three horses and a cat.

I apologize in advance for the mistakes in writing!

:welcome2 There's no such thing as a mistake in writing when you are writing about our favorite subject: greyhounds!

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Welcome from Germany. Everyone here is very nice overlooking my mistakes also.

My 3 boys are from Ireland, too. Where did you adopt from? Gaci?

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Thanks everybody for your welcome! I adopted Max from SOS Levrieri and before he was in an irish rescue called HUG. I'm cooperating with SOS Levrieri by making preadoption inspections in my area.

Here are some pics of my greyt love:

e0don.jpg

2j60dco.jpg

Welcome from Ontario. Your English is wonderful! You are such an angel for adopting an Irish Greyhound, and hopefully Max will help inspire others to adopt Irish Greyhounds.

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Thank you for the compliment...my english is not so good I know, but I love english language and I try to practice it more than I can.

Yes, since I have Max I've been persecuting everybody telling them what wonderful pets are greyhounds. At present two friends adopted two greyhounds after my influence, I hope the number will increase!

I would really love to adopt another one but Max is a big boy (74 cm at the shoulder x 34 kilos) and Dora is a big girl too and I don't think I could manage walking three big dogs ( my hubby works full time quite far from home and I'm the one taking care of all our pets during the week).....that said I don't know how long I'll resist :-P

These are the furry babies taking over the sofa together with a friend greyhound named Oscar

dgjcdc.jpg

And please note the poor human sitting on the dog's bed 😅

Welcome to you and your dogs, who are beautiful even when upside down. We would like to see pictures of the horses and cat, too. You and Max must have a good time doing home visits for adoptions.

Humans sitting on dog beds is perfectly normal.

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Do you see the pictures upside down? I see them normal from my IPad ....I believe I made some mistakes with tynipic....sorry!

These are Cirillo and Filiberta (the blonde one)

http://i63.tinypic.com/11kfp5d.jpg[\IMG]

He is a 25yo Criollo and she's a 13yo haflinger

http://i67.tinypic.com/14n37lw.jpg[\IMG]

And this is Paco, the last who joined us, he's a 7yo Quarter Horse x OTTB