Impaired Kidney Function

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've used the rotisserie chicken for picky seniors, Vanitha, it's ok. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

If it has onion, it won't be that much. Any port in a storm and all that. Really hope you can find something she will like, to get her back on track.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Murray lived on rotisserie chickens in the last few weeks of his life when he wasn't eating much. He ate the meat without the skin.

Thinking good thoughts for Brin. We know how stressful it is to have a hound that won't eat.

Edited by 45MPHK9

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

Wonderful!

Bologna = food of the gods :lol .

Best thoughts for continued appetite!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thinking good thoughts for you and Brin....I remember so well how frustrating it is to feed a picky senior. :bighug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

When Bailey didn't want to eat, often a McDonalds cheeseburger would do the trick.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

Eat Brin eat more!!

We have fed rotisserie chicken with no issues. When Dylan was sick, he ate deli sliced roast beef. It had to be Boar's Head. If we bought store brand, he scoffed at us and walked away in disgust. :rofl :rofl :beatheart:rofl :rofl

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

You might consider doing the crockpot chicken. Whole chicken, 24 hours, bones will cook so much you can crush them down and feed them. You're also getting all of the healing benefits from the marrow, etc like when you make a bone broth. And you're getting a more proper balance of nutrients.

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

She's not eaten much today. Maybe a few ounces of cheese, some jerky treats and some biscuits. We did get her anti-emetic down but not tre probiotic.

One new symptoms is that she is now having time leakage accidents when she is laying down. I'm doing to ask the vet for antibiotics to treat her incontinence empirically.

Missing Zola, my hero and my heart; and Brin, my baby dog, my wisp of love.

Hoping that will help. Sending along hugs and calm, hungry tummy thoughts.

No I have not. What would an internist do for her? What should I be asking about?

I spoke with my sister and bil (MDs) and they suggested chest X-rays to look for a mass in the lungs. Based on their experience with people and not dogs though.

Missing Zola, my hero and my heart; and Brin, my baby dog, my wisp of love.

I would run and not walk to an internal med vet--not dissing your vet but, they are obviously missing something. Internal medicine will run further diagnostics to determine the cause of her anorexia. Brin is not just being picky-she's ill.

Your current vet never did chest rads?

How close are you to UC Davis?

Edited by tbhounds

Might be worth seeing if they'll take her in emergency. They do that at our nearest university.

ETA: Because then you don't have to wait for an appointment.

Edited by Batmom