Hi From Arizona :)

Guest VenusWasHerName

Guest VenusWasHerName

Hello everyone! I live in AZ and we are adopting our first greyhound! We are bringing Venus home on Saturday. I'm so excited! (and nervous!)

Here's a pic of her:

01525AC308C2000063500002-attachment-1-IM

She is 7, she's be 8 on the 4th of July :heart

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Meg

:gh_run2 <--- love this

"She's got it - oh baby, she's got it!" Am I showing my age with the song lyrics? :P

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Guest VenusWasHerName

So pretty! We're in Arizona too- what group are you adopting from?

We are adopting from Greyhounds of Verde Valley. But we live in the East Valley. We drove 2.5 hrs to meet her last Saturday :)

"She's got it - oh baby, she's got it!" Am I showing my age with the song lyrics? :P

Haha! YOU'VE got it baby, you've got it!

Lovely! Welcome, I'm a newbie too. We will be in your wonderful state in a few days with our Lucy.

Welcome to you too! The weather should be beautiful for you! Enjoy!!

Thank you EVERYONE for the well wishes and welcomes!!

Meg

:bounce2

Congrats. And a great date for her birthday. Colin will be 12 on July 4th this year.

Sorry for butchering the english language. I try to keep the mistakes to a minimum.

Nadine with Paddy (Zippy Mullane), Saoirse (Lizzie Be Nice), Abu (Cillowen Abu) and bridge angels Colin (Dessies Hero) and Andy (Riot Officer).

Guest VenusWasHerName

Congrats. And a great date for her birthday. Colin will be 12 on July 4th this year.

Thank you! And yes, we'll both celebrating on the 4th :))))

"The summit of beauty and love..." Your girl is lovely. My first Grey's pet name was Venus. I hope your Venus is just as fabulous as mine was. Congratulations!! BTW, I love adopting middle-aged dogs, 5-9 yo, especially Greyhounds. (Though that's mainly so I can have them for all of their senior years, the best years.) So a 7 year old Venus is absolutely perfect. :beatheart

PS That's V in my avatar.

Edited by kudzu

Guest VenusWasHerName

"The summit of beauty and love..." Your girl is lovely. My first Grey's pet name was Venus. I hope your Venus is just as fabulous as mine was. Congratulations!! BTW, I love adopting middle-aged dogs, 5-9 yo, especially Greyhounds. (Though that's mainly so I can have them for all of their senior years, the best years.) So a 7 year old Venus is absolutely perfect. :beatheart

PS That's V in my avatar.

Thank you! Yes, I love this age too. More calm usually. I thought she was younger when I first saw her online. I was excited to find out she's 7 :D That's cool you had a Venus also, she's beautiful xx

Guest VenusWasHerName

Oh wow Anne, you are out near Tombstone (sort of :) )! We are in San Tan Valley, about 3 hrs from you. Oh I just realized you are near Sunsites. Is that all built up now? We almost bought land there many many years ago. Always wonderered if anything ever happened there :)

Guest VenusWasHerName

Welcome. What a cutie pie! We used to live in Nogales. DH and I both used to work for US Customs.

Thank you! Oh, that's interesting, I've been to Nogales :)

Guest VenusWasHerName

Welcome! Do you have her home now? How are things going?

Things are going great! Thanks for asking! She is such a good dog. This Saturday will be 2 weeks that we've had her. She is so easy going and accommodating. She's starting to come out of her shell. She gets so excited to go for walks/rides, it's so funny. I haven't left her alone much yet. We left for 15/20 minutes once and she did a little pee on the rug. I think that was too long to start. I'll try 5, then 10, minutes, etc, instead.

20160303_091523_25355516832_o_zpscbxe6ga

Welcome from Maryland - Venus is gorgeous!!

Thank you ozgirl!