And So It Begins

What a journey you are on. I've been following along. Good healthy eating thoughts headed your way.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His lower leg (same leg as the tumour) has become swollen. Went to the e-vet that said the tumour is cutting off blood supply to his lower leg.

It's the long weekend, regular vets will be closed. I don't think I want this to get worse and for him to suffer until Tuesday.

I thought I'd have more time with him.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Oh no, sigh, you both fought so hard. I am so, very sorry. Truly sorry. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry. It is so unfair. Sometimes it seems no matter how hard you tried you never even had a chance. :cry1

:grouphug

I feel like I did everything I could, but it wasn't enough. And worse, what I did was all for naught.

I put him through a terrible month of July, his last month ever, instead of having it be as pain free as possible and just overall awesome way to live the rest of his days. He had a lot of good "lasts" in July, but that wasn't the way the story was supposed to end.

I never imagined that what happened to his leg was going to happen. I just thought he was going to slowly decline.

I'm so terribly heartbroken.

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Sometimes, looking back you think, why did I put my dog through all that! I made his last days miserable and for no reason! But, it was for a reason. You were doing what you thought, at the time, was for the best. You were giving your dog a chance. Believe me, I know the feeling, I am still struggling with guilt for the decisions I made for Sallie in her last month. Some were the wrong choices, but I did what I thought was best for her at the time. Kasey loved you. When those guilt feelings show up, push them away and try to remember all the wonderful times you had, not the last few weeks. :bighug

Guest DundeeToddsMom

I'm so sorry for your loss.....I was following your journey. Cancer takes too many babies.. Know that Kaseys is now free of pain watching over and Ryder....run...free Kasey!