And So It Begins

Kasey's Chemo (Day 1) is set for this Thurs at 9am. Good thoughts please. I'm sure he'll handle it better than I!

The rest of his schedule is set for 2 more rounds, expected to happen on Day 8 and Day 15. Let's eradicate this cancer shall we?

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thoughts coming your way for you and Kasey!

groupwindia-greytalk2.jpg

The handsome boy Brady, mid-morning nap. The sun, the sun feels so, so, so good.

I can't keep my eyes open ... ... Retirement agrees ...

... and the Diva Ms India, 2001 - 10/16/2009 ....

Sending wishes for an easy and effective treatment.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

sending good thoughts and hope it is eradicated

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Good thoughts for Kasey and you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

We're home. It could not have gone better. Kasey is such a superstar. He always is under these medical circumstances. Got a little something in my eye watching the techs prep him and stuff - it's amazing how he always knows people are here to help him and readily accepts it. Amazing boy.

Overall it took 5 hours, chemo itself took 20 mins and I was with him every step of the way. Interestingly, what I never thought of was handling his poop with gloves and watering down his pee area after he's done because of the toxicity (how little of it there may be). Since I don't have a fenced area, I think I'm relieved of that duty since he's walked. It will be raining off and on again until Sunday so that'll help a wee bit!

So first round of doxorubricin is over and done with. He pranced over in the elimination yard after his treatment looking like a 5 year old and did both 1 and 2 very happily LOL. Clearly he was feeling pretty good. He WOLFED down his plain hamburger, and refused his fries! He's resting comfortably behind me. He drank a whole bowl of water when we got home which was odd since he received fluids all morning. I've been sent home with a bag of meds and a fun schedule. Next appt is next Friday, a shorter round but a round nonetheless. Waiting on the all clear to give him his gabapentin, the only drawback of the day was a weak hind-end whenever he was standing. I could run a pharmacy out of my house now though. :)

Thank you all for your thoughts!

Proudly owned by:
10 year old "Ryder" CR Redman Gotcha May 2010
12.5 year old Angel "Kasey" Goodbye Kasey Gotcha July 2005-Aug 1, 2015

Guest AndyK

Wow, he sounds like one awesome and brave hound! I hope the treatment continues well :)

Hamburger but not the fries lol - typical hound!