How Your Dog Ran At The Track

dmdsmoxie

Guest PackMomma

From what I can tell Speedy Jojo, now known as Willow raced at Daytona and never placed very well. I found 15 races. If you can find anything else though I would be interested in learning more about her.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I can tell Speedy Jojo, now known as Willow raced at Daytona and never placed very well. I found 15 races. If you can find anything else though I would be interested in learning more about her.

Not sure where you see Daytona for her as all I see is 28 races all at Palm Beach. She had a ton of early speed, but had trouble keeping the lead in the stretch and was usually passed.

This is one of her wins. She is in the 1 hole.

http://www.trackinfo.com/video-box.jsp?raceid=gPB%2420160820E15

• 4 weeks later...
Guest sleepinggiant

I was wondering if you could give me some information for my guy Sage. Here's what I know of him:

Racing name: Dangerous Bullet

Born: 10 August 2014

Sex: Male

Color: Fawn/Red

52 races listed between Derby Lane and Palm Beach

Thanks!

I was wondering if you could give me some information for my guy Sage. Here's what I know of him:

Racing name: Dangerous Bullet

Born: 10 August 2014

Sex: Male

Color: Fawn/Red

52 races listed between Derby Lane and Palm Beach

Thanks!

Dangerous Bullet ran his last 19 races at DL, the rest were at PB PB is a speed track and is only 545 yards long instead of the usual 550. The turns are sharper than any other track and you need to get to the turn in the top three to have a chance to win. Dangerous Bullet didn't have great box speed or rush to the turn speed, occasionally he would break well and be on top at the turn. Since he could close it was hard to catch him once he made the top and usually won these races. He got to grade A at PB and ran in the puppy stakes and won an elimination round.

He was moved to DL and this track is the opposite of PB. The track surface is deeper, turns more sweeping and it takes more stamina to run DL. His first D race he got to the turn on top and was still on top by 3 lengths turning for home, but the track surface got to him and he was caught, which never happened at PB. However, he did get stronger as he ran more races and now once he made the top he would win. They tried him in the longer 660 yard races, but he had trouble with the extra 110 yards.

If you want to see him run this is his Trackinfo page.

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?keyword=Dangerous+Bullet&x=10&y=3&by=dognam

What you need to know is in the bold numbers. The first bold number is the box he is in. The other numbers reading across are where he is at different points of the race. The last number is his time of the race, but it's the numbers just before that that you want to know. Those are where he finished in the race and how many lengths he was behind the winner. If he won the race it would be how many lengths he was ahead of the 2nd place dog.

So the top race on page 1 he was in the 1 box. the 5 12 before the time means he ran 5th and was 12 lengths behind the winner.

Dick

Hello, would you be so kind and tell me about our boy?

Registered name: Rams Kid Dundee

Colour: White/Black

Left Ear:47051

Right Ear:58D

Born 2008/05/30

Sire: Iruska Zederiah

Dam: Imagine Me

Thank you!!!

Rams Kid Dundee ran 96 races all at Tucson. He was a dog that needed to be 1st or 2nd to the turn to have a chance to win. Even when he was in the top two he had trouble winning, but he was 2nd, 3rd and 4 a lot. He had only 6 wins, but was 2nd 20 times, 3rd 12 times and 4th 13 times. So he would be in one grade a long time because he wouldn't win to move up a grade, but wouldn't run bad 3 races in a row to drop down a grade.

While he didn't have great early speed he was decent breaking and rushing the turn so he tended to stay about the position he was in at the turn. He might go up or down one spot. He was a nice consistent runner.

Dick

Rams Kid Dundee ran 96 races all at Tucson. He was a dog that needed to be 1st or 2nd to the turn to have a chance to win. Even when he was in the top two he had trouble winning, but he was 2nd, 3rd and 4 a lot. He had only 6 wins, but was 2nd 20 times, 3rd 12 times and 4th 13 times. So he would be in one grade a long time because he wouldn't win to move up a grade, but wouldn't run bad 3 races in a row to drop down a grade.

While he didn't have great early speed he was decent breaking and rushing the turn so he tended to stay about the position he was in at the turn. He might go up or down one spot. He was a nice consistent runner.

Dick

Thank you! That sounds about right =) He only ran for fun and didn't have a big prey drive. Lovely boy!

Not a good day for pics, unless you wanted to capture the storm....

But today was the next to last day of live racing at Mobile. Jeff and I went out this afternoon and watched a few races so I could take some pics.

We know this girl's dad...

post-786-0-78767900-1503101839_thumb.png

Here's JA's Rain Drop - she won the race... by a bit of a fluke, one of the dogs caught the lure/bag and while Rain Drop checked it out, she decided to take advantage of the excitement to her left.

post-786-0-32717400-1503101848_thumb.jpg

post-786-0-80777700-1503101849_thumb.jpg

post-786-0-19433200-1503102222_thumb.jpg

post-786-0-29274700-1503101851_thumb.jpg

post-786-0-85269800-1503101852_thumb.jpg

Hi Dick. What can you share about Pom Pom Galli? She is one of my Bea's' daughters. Thanks so much.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hi Dick. What can you share about Pom Pom Galli? She is one of my Bea's' daughters. Thanks so much.

Pom Pom Galli ran 81 races all at Tri-State one of our better tracks. She could only win from the front, but didn't have great early speed which is why she only had 4 wins. She didn't have the ability to close so where she was at the turn was basically where she finished. If anything she might lose a position.

She only had one small break in her lines of one month. Whether that was for a little rest or a minor injury I don't know, but she was always ready to go.

She probably would have done better at a less competitive track, but I can't remember if the owner also had a kennel at TS when she ran.

Pom Pom Galli ran 81 races all at Tri-State one of our better tracks. She could only win from the front, but didn't have great early speed which is why she only had 4 wins. She didn't have the ability to close so where she was at the turn was basically where she finished. If anything she might lose a position.

She only had one small break in her lines of one month. Whether that was for a little rest or a minor injury I don't know, but she was always ready to go.

She probably would have done better at a less competitive track, but I can't remember if the owner also had a kennel at TS when she ran.

Thank you !

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hi Dick,

My wife and I just joined the forum (thanks Jan!). Pom Pom Galli is our dog (Polly) and I'm very appreciative of the information you provided on her racing!

Our first greyhound was Nitro Leon (Ace). I know it goes back a ways but could you give us any information on him?

Thank you.

Ted and Janine

Hi Dick,

My wife and I just joined the forum (thanks Jan!). Pom Pom Galli is our dog (Polly) and I'm very appreciative of the information you provided on her racing!

Our first greyhound was Nitro Leon (Ace). I know it goes back a ways but could you give us any information on him?

Thank you.

Ted and Janine

Your welcome. I know to a lot of people what they see is nothing more than a bunch of numbers that don't mean anything to them. To anyone that knows what the numbers mean they read to us the same way sheet music reads to a musician.

I'll see what I can find on Nitro Leon.

Dick

Your welcome. I know to a lot of people what they see is nothing more than a bunch of numbers that don't mean anything to them. To anyone that knows what the numbers mean they read to us the same way sheet music reads to a musician.

I'll see what I can find on Nitro Leon.

Dick

Thank you! Just curious - we always used greyhound-data.com for race history. It shows 73 races for Pom Pom Galli. Where did you find that it's 81?

Ted

Nitro Leon shows 77 races all at Plainfield, but I am confident he ran over 80 races because back when he ran all races were entered by hand and I can see small gaps in his lines.

Ace ran the same as Polly ran, early speed, had to have the front to win. Ace did get to the top more often than Polly and had more wins and quite a few 3rd and 4ths.

While there are no replays of Ace's races there are of Polly's.

If you go here

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?keyword=Pom+Pom+Galli&x=3&y=5&by=dogname

you will see there are 6 pages of lines and on the right of each race there is a replay.

What you need to know is in the bold numbers. The first bold number is the box she was in. As you read across the next 3 bold numbers are here position at

different points in the race and not important to you. The last numbers are where she finished, how many lengths behind the winner she was and her time of the race. So on the top race she was in the 2 box, finished 6th 11 lengths behind the winner.

Hi, Dick! What can you tell me about my new girl's racing career ~ AMF Won't Forget? Do you know what the AMF stands for?

Many thanks!

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Nitro Leon shows 77 races all at Plainfield, but I am confident he ran over 80 races because back when he ran all races were entered by hand and I can see small gaps in his lines.

Ace ran the same as Polly ran, early speed, had to have the front to win. Ace did get to the top more often than Polly and had more wins and quite a few 3rd and 4ths.

While there are no replays of Ace's races there are of Polly's.

If you go here

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?keyword=Pom+Pom+Galli&x=3&y=5&by=dogname

you will see there are 6 pages of lines and on the right of each race there is a replay.

What you need to know is in the bold numbers. The first bold number is the box she was in. As you read across the next 3 bold numbers are here position at

different points in the race and not important to you. The last numbers are where she finished, how many lengths behind the winner she was and her time of the race. So on the top race she was in the 2 box, finished 6th 11 lengths behind the winner.

Thank you!

Hi, Dick! What can you tell me about my new girl's racing career ~ AMF Won't Forget? Do you know what the AMF stands for?

Many thanks!

AMF Won't Forget ran 39 races all at Sanford Orlando. She never won a race. LOL She ran 35 maiden races and once you are two years old you can't run in maiden races anymore so the dog runs D races and is designated on the program as an overage maiden.

Since she was never on top in any of those races I can't say for sure that she needed the front to win because I don't know if she would have been caught.

So she had no early speed nor any late speed so she is in the right place and that is on your couch.

The way the story goes and I have never seen a different story about the AMF so as far as I know it stands for Adios Mother Fu. With the owner of the AMF dogs being Tom Ferris I used to think the F could have been for Ferris, but like I said I have seen a number of stories about the AMF and the stories are always the same.

AMF Won't Forget ran 39 races all at Sanford Orlando. She never won a race. LOL She ran 35 maiden races and once you are two years old you can't run in maiden races anymore so the dog runs D races and is designated on the program as an overage maiden.

Since she was never on top in any of those races I can't say for sure that she needed the front to win because I don't know if she would have been caught.

So she had no early speed nor any late speed so she is in the right place and that is on your couch.

The way the story goes and I have never seen a different story about the AMF so as far as I know it stands for Adios Mother Fu. With the owner of the AMF dogs being Tom Ferris I used to think the F could have been for Ferris, but like I said I have seen a number of stories about the AMF and the stories are always the same.

Thanks, Dick! Judging by the hours she spends lounging in her bed, my guess is that Miss Lola does not enjoy moving much less running! Lazy girl. Yes, Thomas Ferris was her owner; I, too, thought the F might stand for Ferris. I like Fu better!

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest goofydog2

Slightly off task, my Get Me was an AMF hound also. Never even made it to the track when Sick was kind enough to take a look for me. There was a reason I called him a house plant, all he needed was to be fed, watered and in the sun occasionally😊

Sorry Dick, didn't mean to call you Sick!

CTW Deacon ran 92 all but two of them at B'ham. He didn't have a great break, but it could be decent and when it was decent he could make the turn in the top three. Once he did that he could contend for a win. When he broke poorly and didn't rush the turn he was usually done as he wasn't coming from 7th to contend. He ran most of his career in A and B and I would say he was at the right track for his ability.

There was one time he dropped to D and I was think Father Time is catching up with him, but all of a sudden he won 3 out of 5 races and was back in A.

Guest NSGREY

CTW Deacon ran 92 all but two of them at B'ham. He didn't have a great break, but it could be decent and when it was decent he could make the turn in the top three. Once he did that he could contend for a win. When he broke poorly and didn't rush the turn he was usually done as he wasn't coming from 7th to contend. He ran most of his career in A and B and I would say he was at the right track for his ability.

There was one time he dropped to D and I was think Father Time is catching up with him, but all of a sudden he won 3 out of 5 races and was back in A.

Thank you Dick once again for your time in looking up the information for CTW Deacon! I thought he ran mostly D but looking back at it I can see like you said he ran more A and B. He's a sweet boy and likes to run sideways oO in the backyard with cranky old Adora. He's learning to love retirement and I think his name should have been Romeo cause he loves the women!!! *lol*