• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know about my guy please -

Gale of Ruckus

M

10/23/2011

Gale of Ruckus ran 120 races between Wheeling, Naples, Derby Lane and Mobile and was in the money 58 of those races. He was a dog that had very little early speed, though at times he might be 3rd or 4th to the turn. He had a long career with almost 50 percent in the money because he could close. While he didn't win a lot of races he was many times moving from 6th to 3rd or 4th and if he was 2nd or 3rd to the turn he could and would challenge for the win.

Except for Mobile those all very good tracks he ran at.

Dick

Guest Rusty_JRP

Gale of Ruckus ran 120 races between Wheeling, Naples, Derby Lane and Mobile and was in the money 58 of those races. He was a dog that had very little early speed, though at times he might be 3rd or 4th to the turn. He had a long career with almost 50 percent in the money because he could close. While he didn't win a lot of races he was many times moving from 6th to 3rd or 4th and if he was 2nd or 3rd to the turn he could and would challenge for the win.

Except for Mobile those all very good tracks he ran at.

Dick

Thank you!

Could you tell us about Saint? He ran in Florida and retired around March 2017 and he turned 3 on October 1 or 2.

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Saint ran 15 races between Southland and Wheeling. Saint started out at Southland, our best track, and won easily. Then he ran 8th three times in a row with no real effort in those races. They take him off and school him and he gets out on top and finishes 3rd. Back to D races where he runs a 5th and 6th and back to schooling. He runs two schooling race showing good early speed and it's back to D races. He win his D race and runs a decent 3rd in C his first time in C. Then he is back to his old no trying self running 8th, 8th, 4th and 9th and he is moved to Wheeling, another very good track. They school him 8 times and he wins a couple of schooling races. They put him in D races and he shows a some effort his first two races then he falls in his third race, but finishes the race. They school him and he ran okay, but for some reason they retired him and he is now on your couch.

FYI: He was born October 1, 2014.

Guest Tampa_Charlie

Thank you for doing this. I have found (what will hopefully be my new dog if sunday goes well) info online but since I know nothing about dog racing it doesn't make sense. Her name is Blu Too Tarbaby

Thanks again.

Blu Too Tarbaby ran 105 races between Palm Beach, Sarasota and Ebro. She had real good early speed often getting out of the box and to the turn 1st or 2nd. She needed to do this because she needed to be on to to have a chance to win since she had no late speed and would usually be caught in the stretch. You can see this by her record. In the 105 starts she only had 7 wins, but had 11 2nds, 21 3rds and 19 4ths. She was in the money more than 50 percent of the time which is pretty good.

If you want to see her race go here.

http://www.trackinfo.com/dog-search.jsp?keyword=Blu+Too+Tarbaby&x=7&y=5&by=dogname

You will see there are 8 pages of lines and races with the replay link on the right.

What you need to know is in the bold numbers. If you look at the 4th race up from the bottom you will see the first bold number is 8 which means she is in the 8 box. Then you see 3 2 2. That is her position at the break, heading down the backstretch and entering the stretch. The last of the bold numbers are 3 2.5 and 32.47. Those mean she finished 3rd by 2.5 lengths behind the winner and her time was 32.47.

If you Google Blu Too Kennels you will see their FB page. They are a pretty well known name.

Dick

• 2 weeks later...

Racer McChaser ran 73 races all at Jacksonville which is a good mid-level track. He was a dog that where he was at the turn is about where he finished. So if he was 3rd to the turn he would finish 3rd or one position up or down from 3rd.

He made it to the turn 4th or better enough times to be in the money 34 times so almost 50%.

When you see dogs like this a lot of times they are better than what they show, but they pace with a dog they are near. They could run better, but just want to have fun running with their friends.

Dick

That is so interesting. Thank you very much!

Aw, you're adopting McChaser! I only met him once (yesterday, for turnout :lol) but he's such a handsome, super sweet dude. Welcome to GT!

My wife and I fell in love! We are very excited to have him join our family. 😀

• 2 weeks later...

Finn ran 116 races between Gulf, Naples and Flagler all very good tracks. Finn didn't have a lot of early speed and not much of a rush to the turn. However, he was in the money 85 times out of 116 races and in order to do that you have to have something and that something was to close. He could come from anywhere to be 3rd or 4th and if he was 5th or better to the turn he had a chance to win.

While only one of his races was an A win, but he competed well in a and was a solid B dog. His in the money percentage was 73% and that is darn good.

He did seem to not like his muzzle as he got it off a few times so just something to be aware of if you need to muzzle him to keep him from licking a wound. This happened more early in his career so whether they got a muzzle to fit better or he got used to the muzzle I don't know.

Thank you! That squares with what I had guessed looking at his history. He also raced until age 4 (like Sarge) and I didn't think they'd keep him running so long if he wasn't paying the bills. :lol

I see a muzzle keeper in his future....

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

I don't do FB either, but a lot of people that train and raise greyhounds are on the Pro Greyhound Movement FB page. They are always happy to tell an adopter about their dog in the kennel or at the farm. If you know someone on FB I'm sure they can join and ask about your pup. I don't know if Brie is on there, but someone from the farm she was raised at might be if Brie isn't a member.

I don't do FB either, but a lot of people that train and raise greyhounds are on the Pro Greyhound Movement FB page. They are always happy to tell an adopter about their dog in the kennel or at the farm. If you know someone on FB I'm sure they can join and ask about your pup. I don't know if Brie is on there, but someone from the farm she was raised at might be if Brie isn't a member.

Thanks. Ill see if someone can join and try to poke at her.

I was wondering if you look up my new boy Jiminy Willow. He goes by the name of Winston now!

Thank you for doing this!

Jiminy Willow ran 115 races between Palm Beach, Mardi Gras, Flagler and Naples, all very good tracks. Winston had real good early speed and needed to be on top at the turn to have a chance to win. He often tired in the stretch and was caught and that is reflected in his record. He was in the money a very nice 38 times with 10 wins. However, he had 23- 2nds and 21- 3rds along with 14- 4ths. He was a nice B/C dog that at times went to A and competed, but never won in A.

He was at four tracks because outside of PB, which runs year round, the other three tracks are seasonal.

Dick

Guest sobaka3

I have a Jiminy as well. My little girl is Jiminy Betsy. I also have a big boy LTR Mo. My little girl runs circles around Mo so I assume she was much better on the track. Thanks.

I have a Jiminy as well. My little girl is Jiminy Betsy. I also have a big boy LTR Mo. My little girl runs circles around Mo so I assume she was much better on the track. Thanks.

Jiminy Betsy ran 121 races between Daytona Beach, Flagler, Mardi Gras, Naples and Palm Beach. Daytona Beach would be the only track of these five considered a lower end track. She was a dog that had very little speed out of the box or to the turn. Often being 6th, 7th or 8th out of the box. The times she would break a little better and make the turn in the top three she had a chance to win. So she could close a little, but was not a dog that could come from way back to win.

You can see this by how many 3rd and 4th place finishes she has. Her record was 121- 9-9-18-24. Being in the money 50 percent of the time is pretty good.

LTR Mo shows 55 races, but he ran more than that because the first race that shows is a D race and he ran one or more maiden races along with maybe running more D races. He ran at Flagle, Naples and Daytona. He was a dog that didn't break well, but could rush the turn. When he rushed the turn and was in the top three he was usually in the money.

He was not a consistent runner where you knew what you was going to get from him. He would close at times and other times he would get passed. He was a D dog and you were right about Jiminy being the better racer.

LTR Mo's record was 55-3-7-3-5 so you can see only 18 in the money in 55 races which isn't very good.

I can add you as the owner and add the pet names of the pups to their G-D page if you want. I can also add up to three pictures of each dog. If you want any of that done just post the information and pictures on this thread.

Dick

Hi, thanks for doing this. I adopted WW's Crystal Cut this fall. I'd love to hear her story. I know she had a litter of pups before coming to me. Also, as you mention in the post above, I'd love to have my information and her pictures added. Could I email them to you? I can't post pictures here any more with the new Photobucket issue.

Qui me amat, amet et canes meas...et felem.

Olivia (RDs Merrygoround, b. 4/6/07, Gotcha 12/19/11

Chloe (PAR Candice, b. 5/22/08, Gotcha 12/18/12)