Roxy, Non-Grey (Gotcha June 18Th 2006 - April 15Th 2014)

Guest OhCatastrophe

Guest OhCatastrophe

I adopted Roxy from the Yakima Humane Society(Humane Society of Central Washington) a couple weeks after my 10th birthday. When I walked in to the shelter we had no intention of adopting a dog, alothough I REALLY wanted one. When we walked in there were some kennels with smaller dogs in the front. She caught my eye. It was truly love at first sight. Roxy was a mutt, I though she was Corgi/terrier/chihuahua, or something along those lines. I just thought she was cute, I didn't care WHAT she was. She was my best friend and stayed with me through my teens, which everyone knows is a very diffcult time in everyone's life. And I wasn't the happiest teen. I went through depression and thought of "I don't want to be here anymore" and she was always there to comfort me.

When we adopted her we were told she was around 2-3.. when in reality she was actually 7 or so... A year or so after we adopted her she had her first seizure. After she tend to have them more and more often, it wasn't too bad though, we gave her a primrose oil capsule and they'd go away within minutes and she'd be back to her happy self. Then a couple years later she was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. we had to give her 3 different pills twice a day. Eventually she just got worse and worse until her heart just couldn't take it anymore. One night she was frantic so we had taken her to an emergency vet. They told us that she was in pain and wouldn't make it through the night, So we decided to put her down.

She had a good and happy life. She loved to lay in the sun with me in the summer and sit next to my heater with me in the winder. She was always there for me when I was sad and I was always there for her whne she didn't feel well. I loved her so much and my life just isn't the same without her. I miss her everyday.

Wait for me at the bridge Roxy, I love you.

post-27032-0-58690900-1400615231.jpg

And thank you for being so wonderfully photogenic :)

Guest OhCatastrophe

So sorry for your loss.

Thank you. Its been hard but I'm getting through it. Just remembering the good times.

What a pretty girl :wub: . I'm so sorry she couldn't stay longer.

Rest well, Roxy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest OhCatastrophe

Rest well, Roxy.

Me too. But it was her time. Why can't doggies last forever..

:f_pink I am sorry your Roxy girl has passed. I am sure this is super hard on you :bighug

It is hard, on both me and my mom. I'm just glad I was there right next to her when she left us. It would have been worse if I came home to her one day and she was gone..

{{{{{{{{{{ Shelby }}}}}}}}}}}}}}

She was beautiful

:grouphug

Thank you. She loved having her picture taken :)

Rest well, Roxy.

Thank you. :)

Guest goofydog

Roxy was an adorable pup. Thanks so much for giving her a loving home in which to spend so many years. It's obvious you loved each other so very much.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Dog's lives are simply too short. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so sorry :( she was very cute :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Oh...what a little cutie...

So very sorry she had to leave.

Remember all the good times.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so sorry. She was a lovely and special girl.

Godspeed Roxy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

What a beauty she is. I am so very sorry she had to leave. She looks precious.

Run free Roxy, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Roxy. She was a good, good friend, and she will be watching over you.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• 4 weeks later...