Leah Was Attacked, I've Seen Worse But This Is Not Good.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry this happened to you and Leah. I hope she feels better and heals quickly.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh noooo, I am so sorry. How absolutely awful. And so close on the heels of the terrible attack on Chevy too! Sending very good thoughts to Leah for speedy healing. She is one of my favorites since both she and Beth are in the missing-toe club.

:bighug

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

What a nightmare for both of you :(. I hope Leah heals quickly and won't be too traumatized. Will you be able to avoid walking past that house in the future?

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Guest zombrie

I'm so sorry this happened. I think that would make a dog even without anxiety issues fearful. She is definitely in my thoughts for an easy. quick, and uneventful recovery. Poor thing.
As for the ACE, I was told to give it to Minerva after her spay (now what I know about it, I have no idea why they wanted me to give it to her) I only gave her one dose and stopped it. It made her so dopey, she couldn't find her feet, and she actually snapped at me when she was sitting next to me while she was sitting up wide awake, it was like she forgot where she was and who I was. It was the one and only time she has ever snapped at me. I will never give that drug to her again

Edited by zombrie

Guest desertlady

I'm so sorry to hear about the attack on Leah. Things like this just turn my stomach! Of course it always reminds me of when BlueBaby was injured so badly. Many many prayers and healing thoughts go your way for you, Leah, and Jimmie. I have Metcalm and Tramadol if you need pain meds.

I used to say that this was my nightmare and then it happened to us. I am so sorry that Leah is hurt and I agree, our sweet dogs don't deserve this kind of attack. Paul never fought back against the yorkie. Now, the people refuse to pay our veterinary expenses and we will have to take them to court.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Damn. I am so sorry this happened to Leah and you, Jody. At least there were witnesses and law enforcement follow up; much more than most experience.

For all those who have participated in discussions regarding what you would do in this situation, please read Jody's description of what happened and look at the pictures. She was ready, she was armed and she had been through near-misses before. It just never happens as you think it will. It's worse than you can imagine.

Sending healing white light and hugs of comfort.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Thank you all so much. Today she's just completely miserable. The drain scares her, the wind is scaring her, she won't eat or drink much. She's had her tramadol, metacam, amoxy. She naps intermittently and then comes for hugs and I take her back and pet her till she rests again.

I'm sending frequent photos and updates to our vet, we may go in for an IV later. The seeping and mild bleeding is to be expected.

I'm not in a rush to pick up prescriptions so I still haven't discovered the anxiety pills name. Thank you all so much for the responses regarding that.

the collection of photos are here. Jimmie is holding his own and being a very good and loving brother.

just heard from the vet, we're heading over there now.

thank you all so much. hug your hounds...

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart

Guest jettcricket

I used to say that this was my nightmare and then it happened to us. I am so sorry that Leah is hurt and I agree, our sweet dogs don't deserve this kind of attack. Paul never fought back against the yorkie. Now, the people refuse to pay our veterinary expenses and we will have to take them to court.

Oh that stinks Irene.

oh man, that is HORRIBLE. :( :( I'm so sorry she was attacked and I really hope she is ok and not become anxious. :( :( :hope :Hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

OMG, poor Leah!! :( It hurts to see those pictures of her.

Sending good thoughts to all of you, that Leah heals well and that the whole neighborhood thing will be ok too. What a nightmare.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I am truly sorry you and Leah were attacked. I hope she is able to heal quickly both physically and mentally.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest goofydog

Poor baby girl. Hoping she heals quickly and doesn't have PTSD. Hugs and more 100 proof meds for you!

ETA I'd definitely be in court with those pictures in hand. Doubly so if he refuses to pay the evet bills.

Edited by goofydog

How awful! :( That is one of my biggest fears, and keeps me from walking my dogs more. I am so sorry this happened to you and Leah. :grouphug :grouphug

GTSig.jpg

Shannon, mom to Shae, Jesse James and Linus the Chinese Cresteds,and bridge angels Sydney Sue and Stewart.

What a terrible ordeal; it's THE nightmare all dog owners hope they will never have to go through. I am so sorry for both you and your baby girl. I will pray she heals quickly, both physically and emotionally.

I walk my girl muzzled, as she is not small dog friendly; but your story has persuaded me to think proactively. I can't tell you how many times we've encountered off-leash dogs. Sometimes there are multiple occurrences during one walk. The risk of attack is just to high to justify use of a muzzle.

It makes me so angry that some dog owners feel they are exempt from leash laws. The senseless attack your Leah endured would not have happened had that dirtbag neighbour just tethered his dog. The fact that this is even a issue is ridiculous!

Thank you for posting your experience; no doubt it's given many of us pause for thought. Again, I'm so sorry for you and your Leah. Please give her many of these :kiss2 from me.

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.
Forever Home on December 20, 2012
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
My Etsy Shop