Leah Was Attacked, I've Seen Worse But This Is Not Good.

Gah! I'm so sorry this happened for you and Leah! I hope she proves resilient, and this awful ordeal fades into the past for you both, and quickly!! I'll be watching for updates ...

:grouphug

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending prayers for your little girl and hugs for yourself.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a nightmare! I'm so sorry. I hope your sweet girl recovers quickly.

This is exactly why I no longer walk my dogs. :(

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Marsroving

This sort of thing is what gives pit bulls a bad rap, and I hate to sterotype but it seems to me that so much of the time they are owned by irresponsible people who could care less who their dogs injure. Of course it's not always like this but it does happen.

How is Leah this evening? Has she had Tramadol before? Some dogs have a not -so-great reaction to Tramadol and it can actually make them appear to be freaked out. Just don't want her meds to be making her feel worse.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Just picked Leah up from the vet, they put her on an IV since she was not drinking or eating. She finally peed and pooped at the vets this morning, so that was positive. This afternoon they got her to eat some of their magical canned food so that was a big relief.

Jimmie was so glad to see her, and her him :) They're both taking naps now ... just as it should be :beatheart

We'll return tomorrow so she can take the IV needle out, another 4 days till the drain comes out.

She's not anxious at all since I picked her up, hopefully she' going to just start healing and things will be improving from here on.

Jimmie is doing fine - he's snoring on the bed right next to me and has a serious case of ets.

Passing that house is hard. No, this whole thing is hard. I thought I was prepared to protect my dogs but I wasn't. I keep replaying the attack in my head and wishing I could have done something differently. Anything to have helped her avoid the injuries. Weapons, wishing I'd had others with me. Not sure who would have gotten shot. Now I'm dreading the court date - me against them. There were no witnesses to the actual attack. The attacker dog has "disappeared", the cop said it's like not finding the murder weapon.

Thank you all so much. I'm just rambling now, but I want you to know how greytful I am to you all.

Hug your hounds...

Jody, Leah & Jimmie
Tavasci%2520august%2520sunset%2520%2528C
You left us much, much too soon Lima & Chip :brokenheart

I'm relieved to hear that she's feeling a bit better. I hope she continues to recover--quickly and well--and is not too shaken by the attack.

Poor little muffin. :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Adrianne

I am just seeing this....Oh No!!!! My thoughts are with you and Leah; I am so sorry this happened to her and to you. How awful and frightening, and how helpless you feel watching it all unfold. It is a nightmare. Warm and comforting hugs coming to you & Leah from me & Chevy.

So glad to hear Leah is doing good. She's on the mend now and it sounds like this event might not have

traumatized her too much.

And Jimmie too - always a worry with a seizure pup, I know.

Don't you worry about what you could have done differently. There was nothing you could have done. These attacks always

happen in an instant no matter how well we are prepared.

I just hope that stupid a$$hole gets his due justice in court.

Guest blueberri

am wondering if this mystery drug is an ace-inhibitor, used for blood pressure. Blood pressure meds have been used shortly after traumatic events to reduce the severity of PTSD symptoms and ongoing issues, with good effect. Might be worth checking out.

My prayers for your beautiful girl's recovery and feeling safe and comfortable at home with you.

For your court date, you need to have the pictures that were taken of Leah enlarged (think at least 8 x 10) so the judge can see what was done to your dog. Hugs to you both!

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest greytkidsmom

Hugs to you and to Leah. I can't imagine how terrifying that must have been for you both. May the physical and emotional wounds heal swiftly.

Thanks for that advice, I will be prepared with photos. And vet bills......and a really bad attitude probably.

The Sheriffs Deputy also took digital shots at the animal hospital. I'm sure they will help too.

Again, thanks to all of you. Jimmie is still snoring, Leah just had some meds in peanut butter and then acted like my freshly boiled chicken might kill her :)

Hug your hounds folks.

For your court date, you need to have the pictures that were taken of Leah enlarged (think at least 8 x 10) so the judge can see what was done to your dog. Hugs to you both!

Jody, Leah & Jimmie

I am just reading this too, and it makes my SICK! Poor Leah, poor you. Go to court and do what you can to get the ba^%$ard. White healing light for Leah.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Guest psdirector

How awful! :( That is one of my biggest fears, and keeps me from walking my dogs more.

This!

I hope that Leah feels better soon! Poor pup. I can't imagine how awful this whole thing has been for all of you.

Omg, that poor baby. Those pictures are horrible and I hope that the judge sees it for what it is. Thankfully, it seems like you have the authorities on your side. I just frickin hate this **.

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Today we got the IV removed as she ate breakfast and drank like a hound should do. Whew. Then she went to her favorite bed outside so she could bask in the warm sun. I sat with her and defied any fly to come near her :POed , but she still kept staring at her butt :wow like they do. New pics here

We had some houndie pals come by so they've had some company to sniff and follow around today - good to break up the monotony probably.

I got several calls from friends and had to relay the saga so many times that I'm drained. Oh then I got in a bit of a snit with a snotty receptionist, over reacted at two folks that let their dogs get too close to us then tried to pick up the amoxy prescription that hadn't been called in or maybe never received at the pharmacy. 4 phone calls later by me and the pharmacist and an hour with dogs in the car -- still no rx. Two hours later it was filled and a friend went to get it for me.

Now, there are 4 hounds snoring and I am going to check on my yard to see what has sprouted. I love spring. Tomorrow will be better than today, but today was better than yesterday.

Hug your hounds folks and thank you all. I'm very gretyful to for you.

Edited by HoundHeavenAZ

Jody, Leah & Jimmie