Tasha 5/23/2000 - 3/31/13

Fiona3

Our hearts are broken at the sudden loss today of our beautiful Tasha. In a matter of a few hours we lost a healthy, active greyhound to a cardiac event. This morning she went out the door at 4:15 with the other dogs, beginning our day just as we always have done. Tasha was on her way back inside to be fed when she suddenly staggered a few steps and collapsed on her side. She was able to regain some mobility to stand and walk but her breathing was very labored. At the e-vet, she had another "event" and went into cardiac arrest. Within the space of 10 hours from beginning to end, our girl was suddenly gone. It is still hard to believe how swiftly she was taken from us.

Tasha came to us in late November of 2002. I loved her tan spots and "sassy" personality. Over the years, her spots faded to a blush and eventually she began to look like a lovely almost white greyhound. She was an independent, outgoing and very confident girl. Her personality was engaging and she adored being the center of attention

Young Tasha with all her spots

Tashachaira.jpg

My beautiful girl loved the weekly Sunday morning rides in the back of our car with Zeke & Fiona. As soon as they got in, all three would stretch out contently and sleep for the entire ride. She loved to cuddle on the couch with me covered by a blanket. The line of shopping bags from the grocery store was a treasure trove of new scents and packages to explore as she supervised the unpacking. She especially loved spending time in our backyard, lounging in the sun or wandering the snowy paths.

TashaMarigolds.jpg

Sweet Tasha, I will miss the way you ran into the kitchen and gave a quick "roo" to greet me. I will miss your silky soft fur and adorable ears that always seemed to stand at attention. I will miss your beautiful brown eyes watching me from your bed as I went about my chores. I will miss the spirited way you walked down the street on our special walks, so full of joy at being out and about.

2Minuteslater.jpg

For 11-1/2 years you have been a companion, friend, confidant, nursemaid and official greeter of guests. You have been the fun-police to the younger greyhounds and taught them the proper manners as only you could do. They will be lost without you just as I will miss your gentle presence.

Tasha1-31.jpg

My Tasha, I wish we could have celebrated your 13th birthday in May. I wish I had more time to tell you how much I love you. I wish you were here with me now where I could once again rub your soft fur and kiss your brow. You will be in my heart forever.

Edited by Fiona3

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

M, my heart breaks with yours at the sudden loss of your most beautiful Tasha. I never knew her when she was still wearing her brown spotted cap, she's always been the almost totally white girl with the huge, deep, pool eyes. It feels as tho I've lost one of my own. I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Tasha knew how much she was loved and she will live on in your heart, she will always be with you. :grouphug

Godspeed special girl, send your mom a sign that you arrived safely. :f_pink

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, beautiful girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a horrible shock. I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed Tasha.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I am so sorry for your sudden loss of Tasha...how sad to lose her so suddenly.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very sorry for the loss of your beautiful, sweet, perfect Tasha :beatheart

Run with the angels sweet Tasha, watch over your Mommy and know you are with the very very best ~

What a lovely lady she was. I can't imagine your shock and sadness, and the emptiness you are feeling at her sudden loss.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Tasha.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Thank you all for your kind words of comfort. She is dearly missed. Our pups have been very quiet and subdued.

Tasha was the center of all activity and they always followed her lead. Everyone is feeling lost.

There are so many photos of our girl that I love. Here are two of my favorites.

A Sunny Summer Day with Zeke

Summerdays.jpg

With Hobbes for an outing near a lake

HobbesTasha8-06.jpg

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy