Had 2 Dogs Almost Die, And One Died In Last Two Weeks!... Long

Two weeks ago, one of my new brood moms ( adopted 2 sisters) had a reaction to her internal spay suture material. The uterine stub fell apart and " melted" on to the bladder. The stitches cut an artery. She almost bled out on the hospital floor. I got her in just in time. They used different sutures the second time, but it could possibly happen again. This happened 13 days post spay so I have another week to worry.

A few days later, Suds...one of my 13 year old guys, started limping. X-rays didn't show anything. He started dex and a muscle relaxer. Three nights later he screamed in pain each time he woke up all night. At the Hospital, he had a reaction to meds. He panted til he couldn't bleed and his temp went up to 107. They had to knock him out and incubate him. MRI and brain scan showed nothing. They suspect meningitis and we are waiting for spinal tap results. He started limping again yesterday, and has had heavy panting last two nights. Could be panting from pain or from the drugs. Not a good quality of life if he has to be on drugs. Almost decided to put him down today, because last night was so bad!

This morning my other 13 year old experienced a massive HGE event. Lots of coffee ground diarrhea at home and explosive black liquid ink diarrhea at the vet. It spattered the walls and floor, and left a huge puddle. Of course there was nothing to do but put him down. Bubba was thirteen and five months. He was fine yesterday. He was a pain trying to help us build a ramp for him and Suds, his appetite has been great these last few days. I was more worried about losing Suds.

I almost went into a panic when I saw Misty eating grass this morning! I know you guys will understand!

Just had to get this out. I've been sooo stressed for days over the other two.it has been a bad dog month.

Oh my gosh, I'm so very sorry! You've had an awful few days! Prayers for your two who are ill right now.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh gosh. :(:grouphug

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

I understand. :grouphug I lost Cash & Minny within 72 hours of each other. Minny was only 9 and he literally was just suddenly knocked off his feet. All you can do is just love. I just love and trust God but that doesn't mean I understand. And I know it hurts. Just try and hang in there. It will get better. ("He will yet fill your mouth with laughter, and your lips with shouts of joy.")

Oh dear, what an awful time for you and your pups. I'm so sorry about Bubba. Hope the others get better soon. :grouphug

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

omg...things have to get better...I'm so sorry for your sudden loss

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Omg, how horrible. I can't imagine how stressed/freaked out you must be. I am so very sorry for the loss of your baby. :grouphug :grouphug

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

That's just unbelievably horrible. I'm so sorry.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Suds is bad today. He wouldn't eat, but I was able to hand feed him a few bites during the day. He wouldn't get off his bed unless he had to go out. He just started panting heavily like he does at night. He shakes when he stands and wobbles when he walks. He walked into the corner of the wall and almost fell over. This is not looking good!

:grouphug :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest OPointyDog

Unbelievably awful - how sad and panicked you must feel with so much going on at once!! I'm sorry you lost your Bubba. :grouphug

oh geez :( :( I"m so sorry all of this is happening :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway