Spent The Night In Emergency..

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Praying for continued improvement.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nekos_Mommy

Neko continues to feel well this morning, although we wont know his PCV until monday. As long as he continues to be in good spirits I'll keep him at home but if I notice him acting more lethargic or anything I'm rushing him in to get bloodwork done immediately....

Really hoping this works!

After being gone for so long our kitty Milo sure did miss his buddy.

164272_10152728927805261_1407267733_n.jp

Milo looks like he's saying, "Back away from the dog. He's mine!" How adorable is that????? :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Aw! His tummy-warmer! :wub:

So glad to hear he's feeling better!! I'm going to hold in my mind the pictures of him having such a good time at the beach, strutting in the sunshine, cuddling with his kitty ......

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

What a sweet photo.

I hope Neko continues to get better.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Nekos_Mommy

yesterday was a good day for neko. He felt very well and although he gets tired easily, he was much more perky on the pred than he has been for a while. We took him down by the river to enjoy the nice day... My goal is to make many happy memories in the next few days.. either they'll be something I can hold on to after he's gone or just fond memories to look back on while I make new ones with him... I guess we'll find out in 2-3 more days...

Here's Neko enjoying the beautiful day out on the grass with my mom. He was in heaven! He has lost quite a bit of weight, but he's still my handsome man :)

imag1245u.jpg

... My goal is to make many happy memories in the next few days.. either they'll be something I can hold on to after he's gone or just fond memories to look back on while I make new ones with him... I guess we'll find out in 2-3 more days...

Here's Neko enjoying the beautiful day out on the grass with my mom. He was in heaven! He has lost quite a bit of weight, but he's still my handsome man :)

imag1245u.jpg

I love your thoughts on this. And Neko still looks good even with the weight loss.

My thoughts and prayers continue for Neko and your family :grouphug

Awwww, looks like a nice day to just relax in the sun. Fingers crossed for good news!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest FawnFan

So glad Neko is enjoying the sun, the grass and his human family's company. Best wishes for continued improvement... have been keeping you both in my thoughts.

Guest grey_dreams

So glad Neko is feeling better. Hope he continues to improve and you will have many more wonderful days together. :grouphug

just sending more hugs and seeing you both in that picture is just precious. You both could give me and I'm sure more folks lessons on how to handle the things you are going through. You have my ultimate admiration. :)

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Good to seeing him enjoying the sun. I hope he continues to improve.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Nekos_Mommy

I cant believe I am writing this right now... but we had to put neko down last night. We were going to wait until morning to check his PCV but he was acting completely non-responsive all day yesterday, and could hardly get off his bed. He seemed to be getting worse and worse throughout the day, to the point where I couldnt take seeing him like that, so I called OSU to bring him in to check his PCV. As the phone was ringing, neko started crying in pain and trying to get comfortable. When we got there, his PCV had dropped down to 13%, and she wanted to transfuse him again (if we were going to continue).

I had to let go... Its so hard to choose a time, especially when you have no idea what is wrong with him, but he felt like absolute garbage and had new bruises on his thighs.... Even if we fix his anemia he still has heart issues, a bleeding disorder and GI disease that still seems to pain him...

Thank you everyone so much for your continued support through this process... Last night was the most difficult thing I've had to do in my life.... I miss him so much.

Rest in peace my sweet angel :heart

269378_10152462851125261_1566781651_n.jp

I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you and all Neko's people.

Godspeed, cute boy. Send your momma some kisses on the wind.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.