Bella Is Vomiting And Seems Listless

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thoughts for Bella!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:hope:candle for a miraculous recovery for your Bella.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

E-vet doctor just called me to update us on Bella's condition. Bella finally urinated a small amount so she could do a urinalysis. She definitely has a bladder infection but does not know if she has a kidney infection. She will do a culture to see if there is a kidney infecction. Not producing much urine at all eventhough her urine is dilute. We will go to the e-vet around 5 pm today as she said after those blood tests, she will have a much more definitive outlook on Bella's condition. Still not eating. I plan on going in a little while to see her and be with her. I am sure they will let me back there to see her.

Edited by LadyGrey

Continued good thoughts for your girl. Give her some scritchies for me when you see her, OK?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:goodluck

I hope Bella feels better soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Any updates? Is the vet concerned about how little urine she is producing? Typical cases of kidney disease/failure produce large amounts of urine. It is only in more severe, advanced cases of kidney failure (usually acute, and not chronic) that we see little to no urine being produced, and this is a very serious condition. It needs to be treated aggressively with medications to try to get urine production going again, and even then, prognosis is often not very good, especially if an underlying cause can't be found. Sending good thoughts for Bella. :hope

Jennifer &

Willow (Wilma Waggle), Wiki (Wiki Hard Ten), Carter (Let's Get It On),

Ollie (whippet), Gracie (whippet x), & Terra (whippet) + Just Saying + Just Alice

gtsig3.jpg

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

When we arrived at the e-vet, Bella was in much worse condition. Her blood count went significantly worse. She looked so bad and her breathing was a little strained. I arrived at 3pm and by 4pm she crossed over to the Rainbow Bridge.

This was a sudden and unexpected sickness and death. The vet said that kidney failure was due to a very bad case of Leptopirosis. She most likely got it from deer urine around our yard as we have many deer cross over our yard and up and down our driveway. Sometimes Bella ate grass and sniffed areas where the deer pooped and urinated to mark her territory. She may have got some in her nose or mouth. By the time she came to the e-vet, her condition was almost irreversible according to both vets and the internal medicine vet.

They all worked very nicely with us and treated us so good. She was snatched away from me as she was my real heart dog. She was the girl who bonded with me like no other Greyhound I ever had.

I love you so much my sweet Bella. I will post in Remembrance tomorrow.

My sweet baby, I am lost without you. You always stood by me and felt my pain and my happiness. You were my soul mate. My beautiful girl. My right arm is gone. :(

Edited by LadyGrey

I'm so sorry for your loss. I can't imagine your grief.

Godspeed, beloved girlie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh no. I'm so sorry. I was hoping for that miracle for Bella, too.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson