Grief

Guest grey_dreams

Guest grey_dreams

I've been trying to be ok for the past three weeks. A few days ago (about 3 days or so), all of a sudden it all hit me again. It came out of nowhere, and I was right back during the final hours again, and it's been pretty rough since then. Today they called to tell me the ashes were ready to pick up. And now it's unbearable. And now I know why it hit me a few days ago - that must have been when his body was cremated. :weep

Sleep well my black beauty. I love you forever.

8167029703_0c5b8e25c1_z.jpg

black_beauty by grey_dreams, on Flickr

It can be brutal. I lost my boy in January and am just now getting to the point where I don't bust out bawling when I think or talk about him. Hang in there, it does get better even though it doesn't feel like it right now. A huge hug to you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

It's hard. Harder than I imagined it could be. :hugs

Robin - Cordova (Memphis), TN

Argus (BB's Turbo) #86152 Oswald Cobblepot X Hilary Pride

Butler (GoodOleBoyRoy) #92232 Castor Troy X Princess Josie

Bridge Angel Callie (Tom S Macaroon) #87886 Black Streaker X Tom S Megan, April 15, 2000 - November 3, 2012

I am so sorry for you.....the grief can be overwhelming...and comes often at unexpected times. It has been over two years since Jack passed suddenly, and if certain songs come up on the ipod in the car, I am a mess....as I used to drive with him in the car and sing those particular songs to him....I am waiting for a day when I can listen to them and smile...but am losing hope that it will happen.....

Many thoughts and prayers to you.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Sorry you're going thru this. The natural healing process we call Greiving has its ups and downs for a reason, you have to cry very freely or rage at the injustice of it all so that you can move along. When you try to be OK it blocks it. Continuity comes from getting the ashes back and, more importantly, teaching your next dog all you learned from him. Take half an hour to write down all the good things you rememeber, make a copy and put it with the ashes ... it makes a letting-go ritual so much less brutal.

:grouphug btdt...it just hurts so much but the pain does ease up...eventually.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

:grouphug I understand. Hang in there. My Slim crossed over in 2006 and I think of him not just everyday but all the time still-throughout the day. I know I will the rest of my life because it still revolves around Slim-our souls united-that can't be undone ever by anything. It makes me feel good now though because it reaffirms to me that he is still with me and that just has to be. You will never lose him. The relationship plane will change but he will still always be with you. Love IS that strong.

Many waters cannot quench love, nor can the floods drown it.

If a man would give for love all the wealth of his house, it would be utterly despised."

-Song of Solomon 8:6-7

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."

"What we have enjoyed we can never lose…All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."-Helen Keller

I'm so sorry :( I lost Rocky in January and it still hurts every day.

I was just crying thinking about him this morning.

Rocky and my mom in the same year was just too much.

I'm so glad I got to meet him, he was a really special boy. We could all tell it in just the short time we got to know him.

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Guest grey_dreams

I'm so sorry :( I lost Rocky in January and it still hurts every day.

I was just crying thinking about him this morning.

Rocky and my mom in the same year was just too much.

I'm so glad I got to meet him, he was a really special boy. We could all tell it in just the short time we got to know him.

Thank you Kelly. There is never enough time. Big hugs for you too :grouphug

I think about Rainey and Nube every single day. I know just how you feel.

sending you many hugs. :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

It does get better with time. Your heart has a hole right now, and, one day it will be whole again.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I think I know just how you're feeling. I'm dreading the call about picking up Cruz's ashes. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest PiagetsMom

It's hard, I know. :grouphug Today is my bridge girl, Piaget's birthday.....I am not crying as I remember her today, but my heart does still hurt when I think of my sweet girl.

Guest dramaqueen

So sorry We never forget. It hurts less over the yrs but it's still there. Everytime I hear " We are the Champions" I cry because I used to listen to it with my Kobi when he had cancer. I still can't listen to it & it's been 6 yrs now. So we never get over them just keep them tucked in our hearts forever.

It has been two years since my Little Kasie has passed away...I still kiss my lips and touch it to her picture next to her ashes to say goodnight every night... I still cry...less often now...and I can smile now when I think of her, too. It gets easier, but the grief never really goes away.....it just changes with time. Hugs to you during this difficult time...remember that you are not alone in this, even though it may feel that way sometimes.

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)