Has Anyone Else's Girl Done This?

Guest SoulsMom

Guest SoulsMom

Ok, I'll admit, I am dumb when it comes to girl doggies. I've only ever had boys. A few weeks ago Zoe came in the kitchen and was acting weird with her bum. It was puckering (not sure which "it") and she was hunched, doing strange things with her legs. Her nether regions were wet so I know she'd been licking the area. I let her out but she didn't have to poop, and after a few minutes she was back to normal. It's happened a few more times and I finally realized with my astute powers of observation :rolleyes: that she was "exciting" herself :huh Has anyone else's girl hound done this?

Are you sure she just doesn't have impacted anal glands or a painful uti?

I was going to say the same thing. Maddie licks her butt (gross I know) or scoots around when it is time for her anals to be expressed. Off to the vet we go as I will gladly pay for them to do that.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest SoulsMom

Nope, no scooting, no UTI. Just . . . . mesmerized licking then after awhile the . . . . uhhh . . . .contractions? And she only acts that way after she's been in a trance and going at her Coochie . . . .

Edited by SoulsMom

:blush Yes.

The impacted anal gland issue is valid, but with Mo it is quite embarrassingly clear exactly what she is doing.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest sweetpea

My Emerald is quite a horney little girl. She'll start licking, and ends up doing the cha cha. Then gives me a look "Did you just watch me?!"

OMG, That is hilarious!

We'll often find Sebastian hunched over in a corner, usually down the hall away from our prying eyes, taking care of business.

We'll call him a filthy dirty disgusting boy, in the most loving tones possible, and redirect him out to the living room.

He does it much less now than he used to. (he came to us jacked up on an indefinite course of prednisone, which amplified all his bad habits.)

Sweetpea has had the grace never to be caught, and I really appreciate that, now.

Buzzy

Yes, my female min-pin would do this. She had a stuffed dog that looked like her. When she was in the mood, she would sit up facing it, put her front legs around it's neck, lick it's face and then hump it. :rotfl We would tell her to get a room! She did this in front of my house builder one day, boy was he embarrassed!

<p>Mom to Kyle (Diehard Kyle) & Angel Gracie (KB's Sankey) Foster Mom for AFG

Assuming she has no medical issues such as a vaginal infection that might be causing discomfort, you're probably right... she's getting busy with herself. Raven does this on occasion. So does my boy Riley, for that matter. If there's no company at the house who might be shocked, I pretend not to notice and go find something else to do in another room. :ph34r

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest Carstel

My old Vizsla girl gets a little involved in herself sometimes and it's never occurred to me that that is what she's doing! She was known for being a major slut when in season... Not something I was expecting to learn about today!

Guest SoulsMom

My old Vizsla girl gets a little involved in herself sometimes and it's never occurred to me that that is what she's doing! She was known for being a major slut when in season... Not something I was expecting to learn about today!

:lol :lol :lol You're welcome

Guest PhillyPups

None of my girls have done this. I am thinking with Gremlin having had 48 pups, LadyLu 35 pups, BarbieJade 34 pups, and AnnaBanana having had a litter they swore off sex, I know I would have!! :rofl:rofl

Our female, spayed whippet doesn't spend...well...quality time with herself but she does hump the male, neutered cat on occasion. She only does it with him and absolutely none of the other cats or even our male, neutered iggy.

When she is in the humping mode...the cat just stands there with a stupid look on his face. I do wonder what is going through his mind.

Edited by greyhounds1234

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Guest snoopycomehome

My Emerald is quite a horney little girl. She'll start licking, and ends up doing the cha cha. Then gives me a look "Did you just watch me?!"

:rotfl That is SO Gypsy!!! She will act like she has an itch she can't reach, then licks ALL over down there, and then the leg muscles start pumping. I love the look on my 12yo daughter's face...absolute horror that a girl dog can 'hump' the couch in a sitting position. It doesn't seem to be anal glands...her tongue is not going for that region...more towards the front. CHA CHA is right! :mexi2

Guest maidmarcia

It's so weird to find this topic on the front page because I came here to post almost the exact same thing...but about my male dog.

He literally starts going at his perineum and penis like crazy. He was doing it last night. It came out all the way and he had it in his mouth. It's like he's going down on himself and he grunts along with the movement.

I'm never really sure what to do. I don't say "bad dog!" because I wouldn't like it if someone did that to me while I was getting busy with myself ;) I try to ignore it, although it did happen once when some people were over which was embarrassing.