Tommy Has Osteo

Guest FreddyGirl

Guest FreddyGirl

We got the diagnosis tonight. SInce he's 12 years 9 months and has lumbosacral stenosis, pain management will be his course of treatment.

Please keep Tommy in your prayers. I knew I wouldn't have him that long as I adopted him at an advanced age. But now that I face this reality, I am crushed.

We never have enough time with them, this is the price we pay for the blessing of their company.

He IS a blessing, my baby boy, let the spoiling continue Tom, duck necks, frozen yogurt, cheddar cheese, sardines over kibble in tomato sauce...

I'm so sorry. Yes absolutely spoil him every minute you have!!

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest PhillyPups

Nancy, I am so sorry for this diagnosis, it so sukks.

I agree with your choice in his care. Please give your sweet Tommy scritches from us.

I'm so sorry. Give him a big kiss from me.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

I'm so sorry. I hope you have lots of spoiling time left.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

This is not the news one wants. :( You're right, the loss is the price we ultimately pay for their excellent company. Yet knowing that doesn't make it any easier. I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Well crap. Nancy, I'm so sorry. Every day is a gift and I know you are going to embrace every moment with Tommy. I'm so glad I got to meet him last year, he is such a special boy. :grouphug:

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Nancy, I am so sorry for the Osteo diagnosis for Tommy. Each day you have with him is so precious now.

Sending hugs to you both. :grouphug

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

I'm so sorry you got this diagnosis. I hope you have a lot more quality time left with your sweet boy.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry. Cherish every moment. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Aggie was 11 when I adopted her. You know one of the things Aggie taught me was that though our time together on earth in out earth suits is always too short-especially with the late adopted seniors- there is a priceless gift they give us that makes their age at adoption irrelevant. It is that even though they are no longer here in body- the real dog we loved who was spirit-still lives and they remain with us FOREVER. The love actually continues to increase as time goes on. I truly believe it is like that saying says-they place a piece of their herart/soul in ours before they leave. So enjoy and be happy with Tommy to the max before he has to leave, but also rejoice that you will have his love and heart forever. :grouphug

Nancy, I am so terribly sorry. Please give Tommy a hug from me, he is such a sweet looking boy.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.