Yukon Chelsa 13 Apr. 2002 - 26 Apr. 2012

Guest FullMetalFrank

Guest FullMetalFrank

I cannot believe I am writing this... My precious, funny, strong, smart, and incredibly brave little diva girl is gone; she was only 10 years old. I am angry at the world; and maybe even a little angry at God. Gene is broken-hearted; she was always his girl, she loved us all but he was her essential person.

She left this world in her usual manner, with incredible grace. Wrapped in her favorite hot pink blanket and wearing her new Chanel birthday collar, and with my arms wrapped around her, as she gazed into her Daddy's eyes. Not a whimper or a flinch but total composure; she was ready for this. We were not; I don't think we ever could have been.

We got Chelsa in November of 2009; she was a 6.5 year old bounce. She was overweight, and seemed depressed; but she settled in very quickly. She walked in the house her first day with her nosed turned up, walked to the couch and hopped up, and settled in with a "harumph!, I guess this will have to do." Then she fell in love with Gene and the rest is history. He took her to lure practice; she was in love. The huntmistress told him she needed to lose weight (more, she had lost some right off the bat) so we got her on a training regimen and she got fit; and went to compete in her first of many AKC lure coursing trials. She eventually got her Senior Courser title and she retired last year at 9 years old. She was very much loved by her "fans" and had a beautiful, graceful style and a heart made of iron.

At home she was such a spoiled Diva; everything about her was so girly girl and sassy. She loved anything pink; I made her first 1.5" martingale, pink with brown and pink daisy trim, and when I brought it to her to try on, she thrust her little head through it. "This is for ME!!!" was the look on her precious face, and she was quite pleased. :wub:

She, like Frank, was a very good traveler; she loved a nice hotel room and was a snob for down pillows. First thing upon check-in she would "inspect" the bedding by hopping up and nesting into the pillows; if they were to her satisfaction she'd sigh with contentment... We took the two of them many places, even to the 14th floor of the Portland Hilton for an anime convention with my DD.

Being with her was always a joy. She never failed to make me laugh; she was one of a kind. I know we'll get thru this; but I can't for all the world imagine how...

Her last photo, 4-26-12:

item.JPG?rot=1

Doing what she loved:

item.JPG?rot=0

With her Daddy and Tiff:

item.JPG?rot=1

Her favorite position:

item.JPG?rot=1

There are so many more; I'll post more when I can. Please pray for her Daddy. He is putting on a brave front but I know he is grieving very deeply for her. She changed his life, literally.

Godspeed, my most beautiful girl, my supermodel, my sweet little lady...

Yukon Chelsa

April 13, 2002-April 26, 2009

Edited by FullMetalFrank

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Your precious girl left much too soon.

Godspeed Chelsa.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh no. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Godspeed, princess.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with your whole family - and particularly her Daddy....Those Daddy's love their hounds very much.....

She was a lovely hound.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

oh no...how heartbreaking for you and your family. Daddy's Girls are always extra-special, aren't they? Thank-you for sharing her story...I loved the pictures, and am looking forward to seeing more when you are able to post them.

Run like the wind, Beautiful Girl!

Rio aka El Rio (Dec. 4/07) - Home May 16, 2010
Tiana aka CTW Tyra Time (June 7/07 to December 9, 2016) - home July 1, 2010, we miss you terribly, Sweet Girl :weep

Willy aka Starz Predator (Oct. 15/06) - home Aug. 29, 2010
and littermates Merlin aka CTW Excalibur & Mirage aka CTW Mirage (Jan. 1/08) - home Dec. 5, 2010
& June 3, 2012
missing Beagle-Chihuahua, Kasie Lynn (March 15/95-Sept. 13/10)

Guest PhillyPups

Robbie, I am so very very sorry. I know the pain, and words seem so trite. :bighug

Run with the angels sweet Chelsea, you are with the very very best ~

Oh Robbie, I'm in shock. I'm so very, very sorry for your loss of your special girl. Godspeed Chelsa.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Robbie and DH, I am so very, very sorry for your loss. Nothing I can say will ease your pain, but know that I am thinking of you. :grouphug

Godspeed baby girl. :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I was shocked to see her name here. Lots of good thoughts and gentle hugs to everyone in the family. :(

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds: Kili (ATChC AgMCh Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly RN IP MSCDC MTRDC ExS Bronze ExJ Bronze ) and Kenna (Lakilanni Kiss The Sky RN MADC MJDC AGDC AGEx AGExJ). Waiting at the Bridge: Retired racer Summit (Bbf Dropout) May 5, 2005-Jan 30, 2019

Like us on Facebook!

I am so so sorry.

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

I'm so very sorry. You are all in my thoughts.

Kendra, devoted walker of Henry (Tom Jones: Great Son x Lucia)

Missing Badger (Vf Get R Done: Quicksand Slip x Ll Tee el See), 5/04 - 2/14, who opened our hearts and our home to greyhounds; Kenzie (Slatex Kenzie: Randy Handy x Slatex Chrisy), 4/03 - 10/14, who really knew what a good dog she was; Falcon (Atascocita Sabat: Dodgem by Design x Atascocita Barb), 9/10 - 1/20, who was grumpy and snarky but eventually a little bit cuddly, too; Grandpa Grey the Galgo Español, 2008 (?) to 2022, who made us feel lucky to be the ones to teach him about pet life; and Lucia (Larking About x Anastasia, 5/12 to 8/23), our first brood matron and the sweetest speckly girl. 

I am so sorry Chelsa left this world in a diva's hurry. She had an important role in your family and I know it's a huge adjustment when you lose that member. I hope her Daddy carries her with him in his heart until we all see each other again. Condolences to all!

Bow Wow Wow Yippie Yo Yippie Yay :)

Siggy4.jpg

Johanna with hounds: Woodie (Molly's Marvin) (Grenade X Kh Molly) and Petra (Make Her a Pet) (Dodgem By Design X Late Nite Oasis)

and forever missing Hurley (Jel Try Out) (Gable Dodge X Kings Teresa) with Kalapaki Beach in Kauai as the background