Sophie (Fast Track Train)

Guest brandi007

Guest brandi007

I had to let my sunshine go on April 24th. My beautiful soulful princess Sophie was struck down by Primary Lung Cancer this past Tuesday and I had to help her cross over in the back yard beneath the sun that she loved so much when it got too hard, the second she left - it started to rain. It's a little less sunny in the world now. I've been trying to write this for days and just can't find the right words. Things I write come off cold and matter of fact, that's not right, I think I'm shock from the whole situation of losing her so quickly and feel so empty inside.

Sophie was the best of the best, she had no issues and lived to please. She was gentle, loving, caring, doting and has helped so many new retirees find their new homes and so many new people decide that "yes, I want one just like this..." She was my rock, my inspiration and I'm at a loss as to what do do without her. I miss her so much....

Here are some of my favorite pictures, there aren't words to describe how amazing she was and how big the hole is that she left in my life and my heart.

She passed on Hannah's birthday...I think we'll move it to may

Miss you baby girl....

Picture1215.jpg

Picture328.jpg

Picture294.jpg

Picture081-2.jpg

sophieroll.jpg

Picture644.jpg

DSC02489.jpg

sleeping.jpg

Picture301-1.jpg

Picture330.jpg

DSC02832.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11N7668-onM

And the last picture I took of her about an hour before I let her go....

SunshineSophie.jpg

Thank you so much to everyone.....

Edited by brandi007

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest serenc

She is beautiful! I love the picture where she has her tongue hanging out. Looks so happy:)

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Edited by serenc

Your tribute was perfect for your perfect girlie. It was not matter of fact or cold - the pictures you shared show how much she loved life and how much she was loved. She was beautiful. The bed picture is awesome!

Sophie, you really need to let your Mom know that you are happy and whole once again.

You are in my thoughts.

Cindy

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Brandi, I'm so very sorry for your loss. :(:grouphug But I have to tell you that as I'm reading this and looking at her lovely self in the photos, I realize that I have a Xan art version of the second photo, right in front of me on the mantle. We were privileged to get it though an auction some months ago, and I had no idea who that gorgeous happy dog was. I'll be so pleased going forward to think of Sophie every day.

Godspeed Sophie, you were a great dog! :f_pink

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Sophie was a beautiful and loving girl. She looked like she enjoyed life to the fullest. I'm so sorry she couldn't stay with you longer.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so very sorry :( :( she was exceptionally beautiful. :cry1

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

She was so beautiful, I am so sorry and the words you wrote were perfect, I loved her pictures esp the last one of her in the sun, sending big hugs :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

Brandi, I am so sorry that beautiful Sophie had to leave you. I know too well the pain you are feeling, but also know that the pain will be replaced with the wonderful memories of the special bond you shared and all the time you spent together.

:f_pink

Run free Sophie

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Your tribute to Sophie does her proud. It is just beautiful and full of love, just like Sophie. With every photo I said "this is my favorite" - those eyes of hers, so deep and full of expression. I am so very sorry for the Sophie-sized hole in your heart right now, I know how much it hurts. :grouphug

Godspeed Sophie :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm so sorry for your loss. What a lovely tribute to a hound who clearly was happy and knew how loved she was as evidenced by her smile in her pictures. I also must say that your last photo of her truly touched me. You gave her the gift of making the decision while she still was conmfortable enough to know joy as her smile in the sunshine is evident right up until the end.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Your words were the perfect preface to the photos. My goodness, she was beautiful inside and out! Happy to the very end as she lay in the yard, smiling. I am so sorry for your loss and pray that you will soon be at peace and smiling with each memory that she helped create.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

So very sorry for the loss of your beautiful Sophie.

She knew how loved she was..that is just so evident in her pictures.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I'm so very sorry. She was a lovely girl with magnificent ears to go with her wonderful personality.

Godspeed Sophie.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Your words reflect your love for her -- big as the universe. And it is clear from the picture of the bed that she had you properly trained.

I'm so sorry she couldn't stay on with you.

Run with the wind, incredible girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.