Sara (Sara Raves) 6/30/01 - 4/13/12

3greys2cats

My sweet Sara came to us in October 2005, she was picked by the Adoption Coordinator(GPA CNH)and brought to my home. She came through my front door w/her blue puppy that had already become de-squeaked, proceeded to meet Max, her new boyfriend, then eat his leftover food! We brought her out onto the deck to see if she could handle the stairs and she hesitated for 2 seconds, went down them, did her business and came right back up. She wanted to lay w/Max on his bed but he quickly told her no way!! She was a very happy girl and absolutely loved everyone she met. All toys in the house belonged to her, Max never played w/them anyway! We had Sara only a year and a half when she became critically ill and diagnosed w/GME in 3/2007. She was given a 50% chance to live w/treatment and so we went ahead and did a full year of chemo treatment along w/all the other drugs needed to save her. She made a miraculous recovery and we enjoyed 5 more great years. We have gone everywhere together, Sara loved riding in the "magic Bus" van, w/her best buddy Max. She got to go to Dewey 3 years in a row, Paw House Inn in Vermont, our Lake House, the mountains, and 2 walks daily @ 2 different Parks. She was the Queen here and had pillows in almost every room, she loved her toys and laying in the sun, and loved to chase the squirrels off the feeder!! I have been fortunate enough to work from home and spend most of my days and nights w/her. She smiled even through the pain that she was feeling and still managed to do the stairs out back and up to my bedroom to be w/me. Her last day w/us was spent laying upstairs w/Max right next to my bed. She was only able to sleep and relax from her trembling body after giving her 3 different drugs. WE took her to Benson's Park in Hudson for one last walkie w/him. I know that I did the right thing in releasing her from her body but I am so very heartbroken.

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roberta, I am so so very sorry. Sara sounds like a real sweetie and brave soul. Everything you did for her gave her a wonderful 5 more years and that is saying something for both of you for having the courage and fortitude to make it through and know what love is.

Run free Sara, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I'm so sorry for your loss. She was where she was meant to be.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

She was an incredible girl -- I can feel that in your words. I'm so sorry she couldn't stay longer.

Godspeed, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

What a beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl. I am so sorry for your loss of Sara. :grouphug

Godspeed pretty girl :gh_run

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm very sorry to read about Sara's passing. She did live a full life. :f_pink

Willow( Hi Tech Popandgo ) CGC #31965 Calico Salad x MayPop 8-9-93/9-24-07 Austin( Nodak Austin ) #55202 Chrisse's Twelve x Lotsa Liz 2-25-96/2-15-05 Matt( Kelsos Metaphor ) #90695 Oswald Cobblepot x Kelso's Movita 8-10-00/2-28-14 Buddy (Aljo Class Act) #78137 Action By Design x Miss Classy 12-8-98/8-29-09 Sonny (Onaim Excalibur)#97927 Flying Train x Rough Diamond 9-7-01/1-9-2016Hunter (SS Snow Roll) #35135 Craigie Whistler x Lightning Snow 10-4-2005/9-23-17 Leo (Yolo Empleo)#72060 4-13-18 Fiesta Paraguas x Mega Bien Hecho

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad she lived a life full of adventures. Godspeed Sara!

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)