Princess Zoe Brick-Butt

Pippin

It was your little Jessie that kind of set me on the course for iggies, Mary. I do think that they both had that gift :heart

Of course the two that reside at my house are pretty much a 180 from your sweet girls in terms of behavior :lol

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry Mary, she was an adorable little thing. :(

You have no idea how adorable. My memories of her make me smile.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm sorry Mary, she was an adorable little thing. :(

You have no idea how adorable. My memories of her make me smile.

She was my snuggle-bunny. It was a sad day when I had to revoke her bed privileges, but I got tired of waking up with her poop plastered to my arm :eek:lol

Doc said it was senility (she gave it a fancier term, though). Zoe would wake up, take 3 steps away from where she'd been sleeping, and think she was outside. Thank goodness it was only ever poop.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

It was your little Jessie that kind of set me on the course for iggies, Mary. I do think that they both had that gift :heart

Of course the two that reside at my house are pretty much a 180 from your sweet girls in terms of behavior :lol

Ya gotta remember - Jessie's nickname was "the lovable nuisance" :lol

My little bed buddy. She is one of the few little dogs I actually liked :wub:

Sending my sympathy -- I can picture her young again...... :f_white

Didn't she get lost in the couch when she was sleeping with you? Slid between the cushions or something?

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Oh, the sweet little old lady....

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Zoe.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Don't know if I said this already or not... I had recently ordered a new hibiscus plant... it's a cajun hibiscus "Tres Bon"

Cajun___Tres_Bon_4e4e3aa19c5ac.jpg

When it's big enough to survive on its own, I'll plant it in the front yard next to Angie & Jessie's butterfly bushes, and name it Zoe.

Now, for Yamaha Gurl, and any others who weren't here five years ago or missed her annual gotcha day thread, here's the story of how my little princess brick-butt came into my life.

Five years ago, on a Friday afternoon in January, I was sitting in my home office teaching a class on the internet, as I do most days with my job. In this case, I had one student in the class, and he kept getting called away to take care of business. While I waited for him to return, I'd browse GT. There was a post in Everything Else Greyhound about an iggy in FL who needed a home. If she didn't have a home by Saturday (the very next day), her owner would be forced to take her to the pound. She'd tried all the IG rescue groups, but the little iggy was 12yrs old, and the groups told the owner that a 12yr old was unadoptable because "no one wants an older dog."

I read that line and thought ME! I DO! I LOVE senior iggies -- it's the young ones I can't stand! The post ended with a couple pictures, and when I saw the first one, my heart went THUD as I fell head over heels in love. My lovable nuisance had been gone about 4 months at that point, and I needed another little dog in my life. I wanted it to be this one.

So I started replying to the post, saying that if we could find a way to get the little girl from FL to GA, I'd give her a home. Then my student came back on the phone, and I had to pay attention to my job, and never got to hit "send" on my post. Finally hung up the phone about 530 my time, re-read my post, finished the sentence I'd been writing and hit 'send'. Got a message back immediately telling me the thread I was replying to could not be found or did not exist, or whatever. :eek

Had I dreamed it? Nah, couldn't have. Turns out, the mods had moved it to OT because it was about an IG, not a grey. When I found it again, it had almost a dozen replies to it (there had been no replies to it when I first found it), all offering advice, offering to contact iggy groups, etc. If a group took the little girl, I'd be up a creek - couldn't afford an adoption fee, was out of state from the group, etc. So I started rallying my GT iggy friends - the ones who work with rescue - to make sure that if she *did* go to a group, I'd have references and folks who would advocate for me. And I posted my post anyway, saying that if we could get her to GA I'd give her a forever home.

Turns out that the little one was in Lake City FL, 30 miles north of Sebring. My dog-sitter's husband was in Sebring that weekend at an airshow, and would be driving right by Lake City on his way back to GA. I called my dog-sitter, she called her husband, he was agreeable. The person who posted about the dog contacted the dog's owner, we emailed back and forth, made a few million phone calls, and by 11pm that night, Zoe had a future home, and a third owner.

I don't know much about her early years, but when she was 7, her original owner took her to the vet's office to have her put down because she was "old and useless." So I'm thinking she was used as a breeder, but she was very well-socialized and gave no indications of abuse, so I'm not thinking puppy mill. The vet tech said "if you don't want her, I'll take her." and the original owner handed her over, along with pedigree, puppy pics, and assorted other stuff. Vet tech gave her a good life, moved with her up to Ohio and worked on a horse farm for awhile. Lost her job at the horse farm, which meant she also lost her housing. Moved back to FL and stayed with her Mom and her Mom's cats. Had found a new job and a new apt, but it was a no-pets place, and her mom didn't want to keep Zoe (I got the impression the daughter had a lifetime habit of dumping pets on her mom). So Mom gave daughter an ultimatum. Find your dog a new home before you leave on your cruise next Sat, or take her to the pound.

Daughter posted on a horse board she was a member of, and one of the board members saw the post, wasn't working that Friday, and made it her mission to find Zoe a new home. Someone on another horse board where she posted it referred her to GT, and the rest, as they say is history. Through the magic of the mystical Intarwebz, the little girl found a new home. The mom was willing to keep Zoe until Monday, the daughter left on her cruise with her boyfriend on Saturday, and Monday morning Jon & his brother Ron stopped in Lake City on their way home and picked up my princess.

I had to almost pry her out of his arms when they arrived in ATL. :lol The two guys had fought all the way home over whose turn it was to drive and whose turn it was to hold Zoe. If she wasn't in their laps, she was sleeping on top of a garment bag in the back seat. When they'd stop for gas, if Jon got out of the truck, she stare out the window and watch him all the way into the gas station and all the way back to the car. He remained one of her favorite people for the rest of her life.

And this is the picture that started it all - how could I *not* fall in love? :wub::wub:

73092929.jpg

What a greyt story of how she came to be, thank you so much for giving her a greyt last few years of her life...I bet if she could talk she'd say they were the best :)

Told someone today -- I got her golden years, and for me she was pure gold

Thanks everyone.

oh my what a little sweetie pie she was!!! :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

I am so sorry :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest RiverCityGang

I'm so sorry it was Zoe's time to go. She was beautiful. My 2 Iggy boys are such a joy to me and it would leave a huge empty spot in my life and my heart if one had to leave. They are not quite 4yrs. , and 19 months, so hopefully I won't be dealing with that for some time to come. Bless you for taking the lovely lady to your heart and making her last years happy.

Guest Mom2Shiloh

Mary, I'm being late with everything lately -- including this. I really sorry Zoe had to leave -- I'm so glad that my first time at SP she was in attendance! I could never forget her. Somehow the size of a body has absolutely Nothing to do with the size of the hole they leave behind! I know she's all young and bouncy again, and I know she will never truly leave you but still .... feels empty, at least at first. Hoping she will send you signs that she's well.

My mother's all-time heart dog was a particularly tiny mini-Dachshund named Rudy, who barked like a German Shepherd and did as he was asked like a competition obedience champion. She never, ever got over losing him ... I wrote a poem the week he left that had something in it like '. . . there were three of us here in the house last week, and a bright-eyed pup so dear; there are four of us here in the house this week -- only one of us is not here. . . ' Please send your mom a sign, Zoe, her heart needs it.

white light and prayers, Mary

Edited by Mom2Shiloh

Thanks, y'all

I'm so sorry. She was so loved.

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)