Princess Zoe Brick-Butt

Pippin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the post subtitle, I called her "Heart-Stealer Extraordinaire," but she was first and foremost a heart HEALER. She came into my life 4 months after my first iggy left for the bridge, and more than filled the gaping hole in my heart. I am celebrating as much as I'm mourning -- I was her third owner, and she still gave me all of her heart. What a precious gift!

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

This makes me sad, Zoe was one of my very favourite little dogs.

The name Brick Butt was given to Zoe by Alisha in 2007. I had stopped by her booth at Sandy Paws and handed her to Alisha so I could shop for Peanut's coming home collar. When I chose the collar Alisha handed Zoe back to me with an oomph and said "here you take little Miss Brick Butt, she's heavy!" :lol

I don't have any pictures from that year as I stored them somewhere other than photobucket and they deleted them :(

But I do have these from SP 2008

Zoe and Brian Suzie Q's DH

DSCF2698.jpg

With Suzie

DSCF2689.jpg

and with her Auntie Laura

DSCF2688.jpg

Godspeed little Miss, you will be missed for the big dog you are. :gh_run

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh Mary, I remember when you adopted Zoe. I'm so glad the two of you got to spend so much time together, even though it wasn't enough. I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry this little peanut Princess had to go. Her photos are wonderful and show a life so lived and loved, my favorite is of her in her basket of stuffies. So very sorry.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I'm sorry, Mary. I was SO worried Pippin was going to eat Zoe that day. :-)

Weren't we all!?!?!?! :lol He'll be happy to not have to wear his muzzle all day. She has walked into him so many times when he's sleeping, due to her blindness. The only way to keep her safe at this point was to muzzle him, or not let her be where we were at all, which wasn't a good choice. He's been sticking close to me all day today - he knows my heart hurts. :wub:

Oh Mary, I remember when you adopted Zoe. I'm so glad the two of you got to spend so much time together, even though it wasn't enough. I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

I'll be telling that story in this thread at some point. It's purely the magic of GT that she was in my life at all. GT saved her life in 2007

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Zoe.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Oh Mary :grouphug

Your post in OT moved me to sobbing tears over this loss :cry1 I remember when she came home to you, and every year on her gotcha day I'd think wow, they are both so lucky to have each other. :heart

I'm so very sorry that it was time for her to go :(

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Oh Mary :grouphug

Your post in OT moved me to sobbing tears over this loss :cry1 I remember when she came home to you, and every year on her gotcha day I'd think wow, they are both so lucky to have each other. :heart

I'm so very sorry that it was time for her to go :(

Ya know, Kristin, her last mom told me "she's got five more years in her, easy!" She was right. the last two cold winters were really hard on her, so I was happy that this one has been more mild. And the forecast calls for very wintry weather over this weekend. That influenced my decision, too. She was already having a rough time -- it would just be rougher when it was freezing or sub-freezing temps outside.

I "just happened" to have ordered a new hibiscus plant -- it arrived this week. I'm going to name it Zoe and plant it in my front yard by Angie & Jessie's butterfly bushes. It's a Cajun Hisbiscus "Tres Bon" -- very unique, just like my little girl was.

Cajun___Tres_Bon_4e4e3aa19c5ac.jpg

Edited by Pippin

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Mary that is a GORGEOUS hibiscus! I have a mental image of Zoe with a blossom tucked behind her ear :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Mary that is a GORGEOUS hibiscus! I have a mental image of Zoe with a blossom tucked behind her ear :)

I can see that :lol The bloom is 5" so it's a miniature, they say. So was she, so its doubly perfect.

I'm sorry Mary, she was an adorable little thing. :(

Thanks, Jay - she surely was...

Thanks, Jay - she surely was...

:bighug

Mary, I am so very sorry for your loss. What a lucky little girl Zoe was, to have you looking out for her! Godspeed, Zoe!!!

Lin, with Nick the Greyhound
Missing my girls Nadia, Tallulah, Cinderella, and my heart-dog Alexa, and my precious boys Twister, Loki, and Kevin

I told Jason the sad news tonight (he's in Miami at the moment). We are both so sorry she had to go. Zoe gave us both an appreciation for little dogs that we never had before. I expect one day we'll have a little Zoe of our own, thanks to her. Hugs to you from us.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I told Jason the sad news tonight (he's in Miami at the moment). We are both so sorry she had to go. Zoe gave us both an appreciation for little dogs that we never had before. I expect one day we'll have a little Zoe of our own, thanks to her. Hugs to you from us.

See, THAT was her gift (besides healing hearts)...she changed lots of people's opinions about small dogs.

I've waked up several times tonight, and finally just gave up and got up....each time I woke up, she was the first thought on my brain. Guess that means I'm missing her. :(

Guest 4rooers

Your last gift to her was letting her go, and it illustrates the depth of your love for her. I know your heart is hurting. I am so sorry , she was beautiful.

Kim