Segugio (City Policeman) 4/19/00-12/31/11

FiveRoooooers

So, so sorry for the loss of your wonderful man.

Remember the good times....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 What a wonderful tribute to your special boy, who didn't get to stay nearly long enough.

Godspeed Segugio.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Beautiful tribute.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Oh, no! Jan, I didn't know. I'm so, so sorry to hear this. Run free, Segugio, run free, sweet boy.

Jan: :bighug

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Thank you all so much. As bad as you know it's going to be, it's not even that good. :brokenheart Your words of comfort have helped me tremendously.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Oh Jan I grieve with you and have tears writing this - I wish I was nearer to you to give you me shoulder to lean or cry on, my hand to hold or to give you a hug.........All I can do is say I am so sorry and I know the feeling of a loss of a beloved friend.........

Hugs to you Jan to help you through this

Run Free Sweet Boy and may the wind be always at your back

Your Spirit lives on in the hearts of all who loved and knew you

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Jan I am so very sorry. Segugio was obviously a very sweet boy and one of those that we would all like to share our lives with. You and him were lucky to have found each other, I only wish like so many that he never had to leave.

Run free Segugio, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Author - Unknown

Dog on Loan

I will lend you for a little while my grandest dog He said.

For you to love while she is alive and morn for her when she is dead.

It may be one or twenty years, or days or months, you see, but will you take care of her for me?

She will bring her charms to gladden you and should her stay be brief, you'll have treasured memories as solace for your grief.

I cannot promise she will stay, since all from earth return, but there are lessons taught on earth I want this dog to learn.

I have looked the wide world over in my search for teachers true, and from the throngs that crowd life's lanes with trust, I have chosen you.

Now will you give her your total love? Nor think the labor vain, nor hate Me when I come to take her back again?

I know you will give her tenderness, and love will bloom each day, and for the happiness you have, forever grateful stay.

But should I come and call for her much sooner than you'd planned, you will brave the bitter grief that comes, and someday you will understand.

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Jan, I am so sorry. God Speed beautiful boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest happygrey

What an amazing tribute. Truly moving. :( :( So sorry for your tremendous loss. Thanks for sharing your story and pictures with us.

Run free, Segugio. :f_white

Guest FreddyGirl

Jan,

I am so sorry that you had to say goodbye to your special baby boy Segugio. Your tribute and honor of this gentle boy brought me to tears. You gave him your final gift of love, crossing over the bridge while in the arms of his momma.

Godspeed Segugio :angelwings

I know what you are going through. :bighug

Guest gotgr8hnds

Dear Jan,

My heart sank when I learned that your Segugio had to go to the Bridge and I am sending you love and strength to help carry you through this most difficult time. He was such a special and sweet boy . . . and he cared for and touched so many people in his role as a therapy dog. The two of you shared a deep love that will last forever. . . .

---------

Maria Shriver recited this poem as part of Tim Russert's memorial service. I think it's a shortened version of 'Gone From My Sight' by Henry Van Dyke and it's a favorite of mine:

I stood watching as the little ship sailed out to sea

The setting sun tinted its white sails with a golden light

And as it disappeared from view, a voice at my side whispered, 'He is gone.'

But the sea was a narrow one

and on the further shore

a little band of friends had gathered to watch in happy expectation.

Suddenly they caught sight of the tiny sail

And at the very moment when my companion had whispered, 'He is gone',

A glad shout went up in joyous welcome, 'Yea, here he comes!'

--------

Your Bug must've been so happy to see your boy and I imagine them snuggled together. ~~~Sweet Segugio, may you 'kick up the wind' and run on the wings of angels~~~

Gentle hugs,

Susan

So many blessings intertwined, leaving a legacy of love in so many places. He was a very special guy. I am so very, very sorry for your loss.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead