Segugio (City Policeman) 4/19/00-12/31/11

FiveRoooooers

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Author - Unknown

Dog on Loan

I will lend you for a little while my grandest dog He said.

For you to love while she is alive and morn for her when she is dead.

It may be one or twenty years, or days or months, you see, but will you take care of her for me?

She will bring her charms to gladden you and should her stay be brief, you'll have treasured memories as solace for your grief.

I cannot promise she will stay, since all from earth return, but there are lessons taught on earth I want this dog to learn.

I have looked the wide world over in my search for teachers true, and from the throngs that crowd life's lanes with trust, I have chosen you.

Now will you give her your total love? Nor think the labor vain, nor hate Me when I come to take her back again?

I know you will give her tenderness, and love will bloom each day, and for the happiness you have, forever grateful stay.

But should I come and call for her much sooner than you'd planned, you will brave the bitter grief that comes, and someday you will understand.

:weep :weep :weep :weep

Beautiful.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Adrianne

Oh Jan, I am so very sorry. What a special boy Segugio was, and what an absolutely lovely tribute to him. I could feel every emotion you were trying to convey, and my heart breaks with you. I am so honored that I got to meet him and spend some time with him. May you find peace, comfort, and joy in all your memories.

That really was so beautiful a tribute to your special boy. I'm so sorry he had to go.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

postIMG_9695.jpg

postIMG_9608.jpg

Two of the beautiful images Miss Adrianne captured of a special boy during her visit last summer. I am so greytful to have these, Adrianne, thank you again.

Thank you all again for your support, it means volumes. :grouphug

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

What a beautiful loving tribute to your handsome special boy. I never met him and yet the world feels a shade or two dimmer because he is gone. I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.