Twiggy

Guest cwholsin

Guest cwholsin

Today we lost our dear kitty, Twiggy. :cry1

We moved the world for you to try and make you well. It worked, for a while, but I guess it was just your time. It hurts that I wasn't able to hold you while you went to sleep, but at least you got the chance to grace your new home for a few months. My heart breaks for the family who got you just long enough to fall in love with you only to lose you. You were such a sweet, gentle soul, and everyone who knew you loved you very much. Rest in peace, my dear boy. At least your suffering is over.

Twiggy came to me in the fall of 2005 and lived happily with me and my husband in North Carolina and then came with us and our other cat to Oregon in the summer of 2010. He began to suffer from allergies, which at first we were able to control. By the time we had been in Oregon for a year, Twiggy's health started to decline. Not only was he suffering from outbreaks of severe allergies every few weeks, but he started having inexplicable digestive troubles. We were all puzzled by this, and had to make a very hard decision. We found a home with a friend back in North Carolina for Twiggy, where he wouldn't have horrible allergies. We sent him off to his new family, where he settled in nicely and the allergies seemed to be gone. Life was so much quieter without our beautiful, talkative cat. About a month after he came to his new family, his digestive problems returned. After trying a variety of treatments, his new family made a last ditch effort to make his stomach better--or the vet suggested putting him to sleep. We got a tearful call the day after Thanksgiving with this news. Despite the bleak outlook, he miraculously improved. He had a few good weeks where he was feeling good, but got very sick again today. He was taken to the vet, where he lost control of his digestive system and his new family had to make the hard decision to end his suffering. I know in my heart that they did the right thing. Six is too young to die. It's not fair that you will never get to be an old man. It's not fair that you're gone. I'll never get to kiss your face again. You had the softest, most wonderful fur. You were such a gentle soul.

Twiggy is the first pet I've ever lost.

I miss him so much.

young%252520twig.jpg

osiris%252520and%252520twig.jpg

me%252520n%252520twig.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

P4250044.JPG

TwigIsBeautiful.jpg

:wub:

I'm so sorry.

Run and play with the angels, dear little one.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Such a sweet face! I am so sorry for your loss.:f_pink

Missing my sweet girl Scout. My snuggler, my chow-hound, my kissy girl.
It never thunders at the Bridge, and your food bowl is ALWAYS filled.

So strange not living in Atty World. I was a love struck handmaiden to your every whim.

I'm so very sorry. :cry1 He was much too young. My heart breaks for both families.

Godspeed Twiggy.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so very sorry. I, too, lost a young kitty, 7 years old, to cancer and I know how hard it is. Twiggy will always hold a special place in your heart.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Guest cwholsin

Thank you guys, Twiggy was a one-of-a-kind kitty. He loved everyone he met, and was a zen master at living in the moment. He never had a bad thing to say to anybody, and never hissed or growled. He just wanted to be friends with everyone. We were lucky to have such a special kitty in our lives :blush

Things are easier to deal with today. I should love him in the moment instead of focusing on what we've lost with him. I truly hope there's a special place in heaven for our beloved pets and that I'll get to see him again when it's my time to go.

Thank you all. Your sympathies really do help!

So sorry for your loss.......

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Guest cwholsin

I bought a candle for Twiggy the day after he passed. It felt like a good memorial. I put it at the foot of a statue of Bastet with Twiggy's collar around her neck. I am so glad that I decided to keep it when we sent him to South Carolina to his new family.

When I lit the candle for Twiggy, I had a healing cry. The grief feels a little bit gentler now than it did at first. I miss him, and it hurts, but I feel like my heart is starting to accept that he's gone instead of rebelling against accepting the loss.

I've been reading about other folks' visits from their bridge babies, and I hope Twiggy visits us to let us know that he's safe and happy wherever he is now. If I can believe that, I can get through this grief.

I'm so sorry! :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway