How To Even Begin?

Guest blastsmom

Guest blastsmom

On 9/1. my baby girl was diagnosed with osteo.... with an extremely heavy heart, tears flowing, I have to say, she didn't suffer long... as on 9/9, she crossed the bridge. For almost a month now, I have been attempting to get on here to share with you all who have known her... to Chrissy, who was her foster mom for just on day til Blast stole my love.... I am just beside myself. She was my heart...my soul, my shadow, & my best friend. I never thought I could ever ever ever love a dog like I do Blast. I am so very lost without her. I keep hoping I will wake up from this horrible nightmare, and she will be laying next to me on the bed, with her precious smile.

It all happened so fast... I really didn't even have too much time to think. It was located in her left shoulder. On that Thursday nite, the tumor was the size of a quarter... we talked amputation, all the options. By saturday... it grew.... and by 9/9, it had grown to the size of a large eggplant. At that point, amputation was not even a thought. Another tumor had formed on the ribs... and she lost all muscle mass as the tumors were so big, they pressed, stopping all blood and oxygen to the muscle. God love her... she never once showed me she was in pain... I knew it by the look in her eyes... and of course, I was no where near ready... after all.. I just had lost Silver Spur at the end of Feb to Bladder Cancer.

The night I picked up her ashes to bring her back home... it is all a big blur. I remember leaving work... walking in the vet, crying with the girls... took care of all... do not remember the drive home... When I did get home, I remember bringing her upstairs, laying her by the bed... grabbing a sweatshirt, and going to sit on my deck outside. I don't remember how long I was out there... not even sure what time I came back in...

I know it was best for her, but wow... this really hit me hard. I understand there are so many who need homes... but how do you replace your heart? So many have said to me to get another...yikes..not sure I can do that right now.

I wanted to thank everyone on this site for all the greyt "Secret Santas".... "Secret Bunnies"..... her Burpdog cookies.... all the awesome collars.... you guys are all so awesome.... all the greyt people I met on here... everyone was always so kind...so much fun....

Right now I need some healing and grieving time I think, but out of everyone, I had to share this horrible news with you all....

always, thank you for everything everyone has ever done for my girl Blast....

RIP baby girl...momma loves you and misses you with all my heart

hugs,

Terri aka Blastsmom

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are very sorry for your loss. You will know when and if the time is right .

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I am so sorry for your loss.

Take comfort in knowing that your sweet girl, Blast, is a at peace pain free and running once again with the wind.

Say not in grief, "he is no more," but live in thankfulness that he was. ~ Hebrew proverb.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm so sorry for your loss. You ask how do you replace your heart, you don't. Blast helped you open it to love her and she will help you open it to love others, to spread and expand that love so that others can feel love she felt too. That's the gift they give us.

gallery_13728_3197_7131.jpg

Charla, Mom to Carl ( Bella Monsoon ) 5/2002 - 9/2016 and remembering Gracie Rose ( Cee Bar Xtreme ) 2/2002 - 1/2014

{{{{{{{{{{Terri}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Rest well, sweet girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a horrific shock. I am so very sorry for your loss of your sweet girl, Blast. That happened soo fast. :( She was very fortunate to have had you as her momma. It sounds like Blast was a special blessing to you, and that you will always keep a treasured place in your heart for your memory of her. (Your tribute brought me to tears too.)

:f_pink

How sad. The loss of a Heart Dog is especially hard, yet even from the Bridge they can heal our pain. The good memories will soon be what first that come to mind when you think of a lost heart dog; they trump all the pain. You will be happy you shared your lives togther, and honored to be able to pass on what you learned to your next dog. Grief is a an effective natural healing process - embrace it as fully as you can and, just like a wave, you'll be able to ride it out of that dark place.

:bighug

Words seem so inadequate when someone is in so much pain, but I'm very sorry for your loss, and hope that time will heal your heart.

Rest in peace, Blast, loved and remembered always.

:f_pink:brokenheart:gh_lay:brokenheart:f_pink

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

My heart is breaking for you. How do you replace your heart? You don't. I don't think its possible. But you don't have to! Love as strong as that you shared never dies-death cannot destroy love that strong. Like C.S. Lewis said "You can't see anything properly while your eyes are blurred w/ tears" and that can be quite a while. But eventually you'll realize that although you may not be able to explain it you know she is still with you. The heart knows what the mind may not be able to understand. I love the following which was shared by another who had crossed over to his person: "The love is bigger than the pain. I know your heart is breaking terribly. But I promise you that your pain will subside over time, and our love, our love not only will survive, it will be stronger. Someday the horrible pain will be a memory of deep sadness but our love will still be vibrant and alive. Love is always bigger than pain. When you are hurting, reach for the love and I promise you will feel better."

I hope it helps you feel a little better.:grouphug

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart."

"What we have enjoyed we can never lose…All that we love deeply becomes a part of us."-Helen Keller

:f_pink:f_red:f_pink

Run free HAPPY & HEALTHY Blast. You are loved always and I know you will always love your Mom too.

Edited by racindog

Guest dragontearz

I am so sorry for your loss...It's hard losing your heartdog,..my consolences.

:f_red :f_red :f_red

Edited by dragontearz

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Blast.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Terri, I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet girl. Osteo takes so many of our pups, it's just not fair. I hope in time you are able to heal and that when the time is right, you will open your heart to another as it's a great tribute to Blast.

Run free Blast, run free sweetie...:gh_run

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.