Dorie Greyhound Has Ple

greysmom

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to read a little more positive update today!

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

A later posting today, but not for a bad reason!

She has made *some* significant improvement today. The edema in her legs and face seems to be mostly resolved!!!!! And her fluid-bloated belly is also becoming less. This is huge as it means her system isn't dumping fluid into any available space anymore! :yay She doesn't have much of an appetite, but she is eating some - we'll see how dinner goes in a half hour or so. Dorie also hasn't had any diarrhea since this morning. I'm hoping I can sleep tonight and not have to be up and out every hour! Plus, she seems to be in better spirits and not so dumpy grumpy.

So all in all, a pretty good day!

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

:goodluck :goodluck Good news Chris. We are all praying for your little girl. Gentle hugs going out to Dorie.

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

This is good. As I have said before............baby steps are good as long as they are in the right direction. Praying for more baby steps and sleep tonight for everyone. :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I'm so glad to hear this, Chris. Believe me, my heart is with you, as I well-remember getting up to let Spencer out four times every night, then living on the Internet every day, trying to find out what was wrong with him! But it's beyond gratifying when they start to improve!!! And sleep is heavenly!

Hugs and scritches,

Maryellen and Spencer

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Dorie slept all night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't, but I find it hard to sleep in chairs. If she does well today, I'm thinking we'll put her harness on and attempt to go upstairs to sleep tonight. Everyone's more comfortable when we're all where we're supposed to be.

Cash and the rest actually started out in the bedroom last night. Then I hear "The Whine." Cash is standing at the top of the stairs, waiting for us to come up. I go up and settle her down. A few minutes later - more whining. No response. She starts "monkey whining." More escalation. Finally, she comes downstairs, stand right in front of me and BARKS at me! This brings everyone down, so we just all ended up in the living room. But it was pretty funny!

I'll also be getting copies of Dorie's lab and biopsy reports today, so I can see what the actual results were.

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

That's great to hear, Chris. You'll be back in your bed in no time, I'm sure! Looking forward to hearing about the test results, and hoping they will be helpful.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

keeping all fingers and toes crossed the lab results show nothing tooo scary! :goodluck

Good Girl Dorie! :yay

eat a little now for your mom, and have solid poop and everyone will get a good night sleep tonight!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

20 paws crossed for good luck :paw

AND

20 fingers crossed too :goodluck

C'mon Dorie keep improving sweetie!

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Test results are interesting. Some I knew already since they were back when Dorie was discharged. I must not have been listening too well that day though!

Here's a quick rundown.

>>Ultra Sound was basically negative for anything in/on/around any organ - so no tumors or anything. Just some decreased layering in one spot. No wall thickening of the intestines. Her heart is mildly enlarged (normal for greyhounds), but there's no effusion in the pericardium.

>>Fasting Cobalamin was low (218 ng/L range 251-908), Fasting Folate was also low (302 ug/L range 7.7-24.4), BUT her TLI was within the normal range (15.8 ug/L rage 5.7-45.2) which indicates negative for Exocrine Panrcreatic Insufficiency. :yay

>>Urinalysis was pretty unremarkable - normals except for Occult Blood which was high. No protein in her urine. Also good. :yay No pancreas or kidney issues to deal with at this point!

>>Other bloodwork was mostly normal except for HGB (high, I think this is normal for greyhounds), PLT (high, not sure what this is), ALB & GLOB (low, which we already knew), ALT (high), and Cl (calcium? high). I have numbers, but didn't feel like typing them :rolleyes: .

>>Her physical exam: "Bright, alert, responsive, and very sweet." :wub:

So everything is really pointing towards severe IBD w/ some lymphangectesia. Manageable if we can get her stabilized.

Cl is chloride. You'd expect to see some elevation if the dog were dehydrated (from vomiting or diarrhea, for example).

Assume the blood in her urinalysis has been addressed?

Hugs and best wishes for your girl going forward.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Check to see if PLT is platelets, if so, greyhounds run lower than most dogs so I would not expect to see this high ... do you have actual values?

The HGB is hemoglobin and like the HCT (hematocrit) is usually on the high side.

As Batmom said above, have they addressed the blood in the urine?

Yes, the urine issue has been addressed. Both the evet and her internist indicated this was "normal" given how inflammed her entire digestive system was. These were basicaly the garbage of cells that were dumping their fluids when they didn't have enough protein to hold together. (I think) I'll make sure I ask about it again.

PLT - 150 K/uL range 175-500

HGB - 19.0 g/dl range 12.0-18.0

HCT - 50.9% range 37.0-55.0

Sending wishes for sweet dreams for all.

And Cash -- show a little emotional flexibility, girl! :)

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Well, we got up the stairs last night! It was hard for Dorie as she's lost quite a bit of muscle mass in her rear legs. Thank goodness for our Ruff Wear Web Master Harness! And we got down the stairs this morning the same way. Her condition is about the same as yesterday.

I'm quite anxious today! I have to give her a SHOT! Her sub-cue Vit B-12 is due today. I have all the stuff and the vet tech showed me how. Yikes! I shouldn't feel this way - I used to give shots to my horses all the time.

Chris,, you can do it!!! sub-q = easy-peasy! just like :bike you never forget how.... i've always wanted to use that emoticon!

so glad you all were able to sleep upstairs together again!

i'm sure a good night sleep was had by all.

:bighug

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14

Checking in and I'm so happy to see things are slowly improving!!

Hope you get more sleep tonight.....

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

{{{{{sigh}}}}}

Dorie's goingback to the vet this afternoon. She's not any better and her legs/feet - which had been fine since Sunday with no swelling - have started to puff up again. Her belly never did un-swell.

I'm really worried.