Do You Believe We Will See Our Lost Friends Again

Guest BobbiD

I know this sounds stupid

Do you believe we will see our lost friends again? I don't know what else to say. I feel numb.

We lost our good girl Harmony yesterday. She was with us only 9 months. She was 5.

So sorry to hear of your loss, it's awful when they go at such a young age and I remember my lovely Borzoi pup Misha going from Kindey failure at that age too.

Do I believe we shall see them again? Well, just after I had my last dog PTS I walked up the hill to the Church my mind in total chaos and pain of loss, just as I reached the doorway that clammering and pain lifted in less than a second to be replaced by calm and peaceful emptiness. I'm sure my heart dog Angel had that instant passed thru a barrier, perhaps the one that leads to Rainbow Bridge. I can believe she is there, I can believe they are all there. In an infinite Universe this is not only possible but impossible not to be.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

My father is terminally ill, with only a short time left, and we have been talking to him about all the beloved pets who have gone before--and oddly, not a bit about the people! Dad has always said if dogs aren't allowed in "heaven" (or whatever happens...), he's not interested in going there.

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest alannamac

Oh my gosh I am so sorry you had to part so soon.

What a terrible blow. But, she was very fortunate to have found you and to have known a forever home before it was her time.

Regardless of the what-ifs of religious beliefs and uncertainties and wonderings.....there is a certainty that the components that make us "us" disintegrate and become one with all of the universe....we truly become stardust and your Harmony will be in the wind, the flowers, baby's breath....everywhere......and her nature, her spirit, her love of you.....it's all right in your heart forever...tap into it often. It is her gift to you and if she is able to visit you in your dreams, or send you messages of love through others....she will.

:f_red :f_red :f_red

I lost my first greyhound at age 5 to osteo, and I felt her presence for awhile, nails clicking on the floors, I think when I adopted 2 more greys, she stopped making her presence known because she felt that I had gone on to adopt 2 more, I am so sorry for your loss, it is so hard when they die so young

I'm so sorry you've lost your Harmony.

Do I believe we'll see them again? Whatever happens to us when our body gives up, I'm absolutely pawsitively sure

that my bestest friends will meet me & guide me through. That's my story, & I'm stickin to it!

Blessed is the person who has earned the love of an old dog.

I am so very Sorry! :grouphug

I do believe we will see them again, I lost my Champ at 9 but I would never believe any other way but that I will see him again!!!!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I'm so sorry for your loss. Especially at such a young age.

As to seeing them "after"... I think so. And I'm not at ALL religious. So I'm not talking "heaven" or whatever, just "after". The Rainbow Bridge poem kills me every time I read it, with the thought of my dogs running towards me with those expressions of joy. Do I believe they will be there in dog shape and us in people shape, in a recognizable environment? Not sure but that's how I always picture it. But I don't really care as long as they are around me.

SummerGreytalkSignatureResized-1.jpg

Lisa B.

My beautiful Summer - to her forever home May 1, 2010 Summer

Certified therapy dog team with St. John Ambulance

I sure hope so. I miss all of mine something terrible.

I'm so sorry to hear about Harmony. The first grey I lost was also only 5. And although that was 12 yrs ago, I still cry over the loss of my Topaz.

What happened that such a young girl went to the Bridge?

I'm with Susan's Dad. If my dogs and cats aren't there, I'm NOT going! What kind of heaven would that be??

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I sure hope so. I miss all of mine something terrible.

I'm so sorry to hear about Harmony. The first grey I lost was also only 5. And although that was 12 yrs ago, I still cry over the loss of my Topaz.

What happened that such a young girl went to the Bridge?

We adopted her in December. In March she went blind overnight, they call it SARDS. In May she developed trigeminal neuritis. After that some other neurological disorder, never found out exactly what. Her health deteriorated quickly. Sunday 3 am we think she had a stroke. 1 pm she was gone.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

Make yourself familiar with the angels, and behold them frequently in spirit; for without being seen, they are present with you. St. Francis de Sales

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm sorry about your girl...way too young. In all my years, a lot of dogs, cats, and horses have been in my life and I remember every single one. I like to think they're waiting for me.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Guest Mom2Shiloh

I have to believe we will see them again; it's what helps keep me going forward.

Exactly. I Have to believe that. In my mind and heart, Harley Stardancer is still with Joanna Darkwind, his sister, my little German Shepherd and they are watching over me. When my husband died, I felt an overwhelming certainty that his parents and the dog who had watched over him as a little boy out on the prairie on his Dad's cattle ranch (Cheyenne River Reservation, SD) were literally waiting to meet him. And when his two special dogs crossed over, Shelley 8 days after him and Sammy a year and a half later, I said goodbye with a "Go to Daddy". It's a belief that is an integral part of who I am.

If you go to http://wendyfrancisco.com/WFMusic.html and listen to her "We will ride" I think it might give some assurance; it's not her particular belief or theology -- its the strength of conviction that we'll be reunited.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I do believe we'll see them again. In fact, I have no doubt we'll we each other again.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I'm so sorry you lost Harmony. I know first hand how awful SARDs can be, it is a hideous "disease" that often seems to trigger even worse things that can ravage their bodies. I'm not particularly religious, but I do believe they are still around, that we just can't see them (think ultra-violet, can't see that with the naked eye either) and that we will be together again.

:bighug

Edited by seeh2o

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest greymama002

Deepest sympathy on your loss; so sorry you didn't get more time with your girl;

I do believe that when bodies die, the spirit is set free, and I will be reunited with my angel, Tina someday.

Hugs to you.